||February 14th, 2012 8:54 AM
~Just the Classics~ Club Tournament
~Just the Classics~
This tournament is being held as an event for my club, ~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club
. I thought this tournament would be a fun idea to get competitive with our favorite classics. This tourney will be held on Pokemon Online. If you want to participate, please download Pokemon Online here
- As mentioned before, all battles will be held on Pokemon Online, specifically the PokeCommunity Pokemon Online server.
- When you sign up, you must PM me your team so that I can ensure it qualifies. Don't worry; this won't give me an advantage; my team is already set and made, and even tested. The easiest way to get a summary of your team is to click the "Export" button in the team builder.
- When matchups are posted, arrange with your opponent to meet on the server and battle.
- After you battle, both of you must post indicating the battle was done. The bare minimum you must post is who won, and how many Pokemon were left on the winning side. If you want to post a summary of the battle, feel free to do so. If it is lengthy, please put it in a spoiler.
- This tournament is for my club. Thus, if you are not a member and want to participate, you must join my club (see link above). There will be prizes for both your game and your club account.
- You must use the team you PM me through the entire tournament. No changing it.
- Your team must consist of only Generation I Pokemon. No evolutions/pre-evolutions from future generations. However, Eviolite is allowed.
- While this is a tournament of Gen I Pokemon, this is being played with Gen V mechanics. Set your tier in Pokemon Online to "BW > Wifi OU." This should be done automatically.
- Species Clause - You may not use more than one of the same species in your team. Pokemon from the same evolutionary line are fine, though.
- Item Clause - You may not have more than THREE (3) members of your team hold the same item.
- Sleep Clause - You may not intentionally put more than one of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep at once.
- Hax Item Clause - Items that rely on luck to activate are banned. The items are: BrightPowder, Dire HIt, Focus Band, King's Rock, Lansat Berry, Lax Incense, Lucky Punch, Quick Claw, Razor Claw, Razor Fang, Scope Lens, Stick.
- Evasion Clause - Moves that boost evasion are banned (Double Team, Minimize, etc.). This includes Acupressure, as it has a chance of doing so.
- OHKO Clause - OHKO moves (Fissure, Guillotine, etc.) are banned.
- Unreleased DW Clause - Pokemon with unreleased DW Abilities are banned. A list of released DW Pokemon is found here.
Participants will be listed as "<PC Username> (<PO Username>) [Team Confirmed/Unconfirmed]"
- Mewtwo (must I explain why?)
- Mew (Mew was uber in Gen I. Amongst all Gen I Pokemon, Mew seems to have an advantage, in my opinion. Thus, banned.)
- deoxys121 (Deoxys 386) [Team Confirmed]
- Spritingyoshi22 (SY22) [Team Confirmed]
As this is a tournament for my club, the prizes will be club-oriented. Prizes are as follows:
- 1st prize: 200 points, plus a prize Pokemon from the club. If you can't access B/W WiFi, your prize will be 300 points.
- 2nd prize: 150 points
I would like for this tournament to get going by February 28th, 2012.
Alright, have fun everyone!
||February 15th, 2012 11:33 AM
||February 17th, 2012 7:23 AM
Alright, that's been updated. Sorry it took so long, been rather busy.
Come on, club members! I need more participants! The bare minimum to make this an actual tourney would be 4, but I would prefer to have at least 8.
|All times are UTC -8. The time now is 3:09 PM.
© 2002 - 2015 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.
Use of PokéCommunity Assets