The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   The Playground (
-   -   Rate the Video Game Music Above You (

Joshawott March 26th, 2012 2:45 PM

Rate the Video Game Music Above You
Do you like listening to video game music? Well then here's your chance to show off some of your favourites to others and see what they think of it. The rules are simple; give the video game music above you a rating on a scale of 1-10, explain your score, and then post your own!

I'll start:

Josephine March 26th, 2012 3:16 PM

Nice, reminds me of a zelda flashback. A bit synth-y though.

Love the art for that game.

ShadowE March 27th, 2012 8:16 AM

Like it very much, althrough i have no R/S/E game anymore...

A 1995 classic RTS game with some very good soundtracks like this one...

Joshawott April 2nd, 2012 11:34 AM

Sort of dull, but catchy nonetheless!

ShadowE April 2nd, 2012 9:59 PM

That... was.. awesome...
Maybe i can use this...

ill stick to CnC, but this one is the first that fed me up with the style...

Joshawott April 3rd, 2012 4:12 PM

Impressive! I especially loved the addition of the keyboard, which just so happens to be my favourite instrument.

Yagerbomb April 3rd, 2012 6:08 PM

6/10, nothing jumps out at me.

Jak And Daxter is just so classic.

ShadowE April 3rd, 2012 10:59 PM

It was good...

This song infected me to play the old CnC, and almost everyone in my class likes it..

Joshawott April 4th, 2012 10:57 AM

You really love that game, don't you? Anyhow, I'm not the biggest fan of the way the instruments fit into this one, though it is still good.

Yagerbomb April 4th, 2012 7:39 PM

5/10. Not bad, not great.

Sly Cooper

Joshawott April 5th, 2012 6:16 PM

Catchy, but rather dismal and forgettable. I love the way it builds up towards the end, though!

ShadowE April 6th, 2012 2:51 AM

Originally Posted by Joshawott (Post 7114724)
You really love that game, don't you? Anyhow, I'm not the biggest fan of the way the instruments fit into this one, though it is still good.

I really like the game, though its old, and its soundtracks are amazing.

As for the song: 9/10, i really liked it...

This one was cut off, but somehow it appears in one mission...

Joshawott April 6th, 2012 5:56 AM

By the end of this, I'll have heard the entire soundtrack of that game. This one is very radiant and I love that! It's a shame the keyboard didn't stick with more of the song, though.

Outkin April 6th, 2012 6:28 AM

9/10, I loved that game. the song gave me goose bumps and made me want to play it again. Fitting music for the first stage imo.

I've had a kick for this game lately.

flubbateios April 6th, 2012 6:49 AM

It's nice for what it is. But I dislike such music.

I recorded this myself :P

Joshawott April 6th, 2012 9:03 AM

You made that? Consider me impressed! You clearly have a lot of musical talent. I love the soundfont you used!

Considering these forums are dedicated to Pokémon, I suppose it's about time I post some music from that series, huh? I find this to be the catchiest theme in the series:

Taro Tanaka April 6th, 2012 1:46 PM

5.5/10 Sorry, but when it came to those kind of situations, I prefered a more serious tone of music since most of us ragequit over looking for a specific Pokemon, item, etc.

Now how about Portal 2's Bombs for Trowing at You?

Joshawott April 6th, 2012 4:53 PM

Meh, it's kind of a mess. The song could have used more consistent development, too.

ShadowE April 6th, 2012 10:26 PM

6/10, it was okay

Now its time for another game...

Joshawott April 7th, 2012 4:55 AM

Gorgeous! The addition of vocals kind of ruined it for me, but that's merely because I'm not a fan of such a thing in video game music. Regardless, this sounds fantastic and I love the instruments!

flubbateios April 7th, 2012 5:21 AM

Joshawott, no I didn't make that music. I recorded it off the game.

EDIT : SORRY, 6/10

Enjoy that.

Joshawott April 7th, 2012 9:54 AM

You forgot to rate the music above you. Also, sorry about my misunderstanding. :P

Anyways, that is my favourite version of the "Hall of Fame" theme. I like how this version is so fast-paced, yet I find it a little overdone.

Arc April 7th, 2012 12:08 PM

I'm a big fan of Kirby, but unfortunately I'm not too fond of Pop Star.
(Gah.. Youtube vid isn't work with me today.)

Joshawott April 7th, 2012 5:45 PM

Not bad! The song explores, and I like that, though I find the background instruments a little more interesting.

ShadowE April 9th, 2012 11:12 AM

Not so good at all...

This is an SSX soundtrack, and its epic: