The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Writer's Lounge (
-   -   What kind of character annoys you most? (

RealMrFaceMan May 14th, 2012 5:03 PM

What kind of character annoys you most?
Personally characters without any depth annoy me. Any time a character is shallow or has no goal it's just bothersome. Unless the character ends up growing and developing then it's just not interesting to read. Flat characters are another thing I find bothersome. If I write a story or fan fic then I still try to give minor characters something more to them, just to make them seem more appealing.

Gothitelle. May 22nd, 2012 4:44 PM

characters who are total politically correct goodie goodies, I hate those kinda of characters because it seems like everything they are is just perfect.

Madam Cheezy June 15th, 2012 7:12 PM

I absolutely loathe stereotypes.

On occasion, they're called for, but many blonde cheerleaders or jerky jocks or feeble-armed nerds and the like can you read about before you just hope they all go away?

I find that usually the people who rely on this 'system' too much are often lacking in the creativity department.

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE June 16th, 2012 6:45 AM

The stereotypical 'bossy girl'. I have always hated that character as long as I can remember. I remember loathing Blossom above the Powerful Girls and Bella from the Tweenies (this goes back a LONG time). They just interrupt, interfere and are never, ever right, unless the story is contrived in their favour! Made me, as a very opinionated girl, not want to argue things as much as I didn't want to be seen like them! :P Perhaps I was over-thinking!

MetaMaster5469 November 1st, 2013 9:38 PM

I hate spoiled brats and overly-precious children. Those types just aggravate me to hell and back...

Astinus November 1st, 2013 10:08 PM

Please don't bump threads that are over a month old, let alone a year-and-a-half old. Double-check the dates of the last post in a thread before responding.