The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon Trading Card Game (
-   -   Event Dark Zoroark's Deckbuilding Competition (

Dark Zoroark July 3rd, 2012 9:44 AM

Dark Zoroark's Deckbuilding Competition
Hello there humanoids and welcome to Dark Zoroark's Deckbuilding Competition! No other deckbuilding challenge can match our contest's pure craziness and creativity. Think you've got the guts to take on this challenge? Then so be it. You've been warned challengers...

Rules of the Competition
-NO CHEATING, this should be common sense
-challengers are not allowed to back out of the contest
- don't ask help from other people, you are on your own
-Decks should have 60 cards
-Decklists will be graded on:
Creativity: Is it creative or different from the usually seen decks in the format we gave you? 10/10
Neatness: Is it written in a standard decklist format and is it easy to read? 5/5
Does it follow the Rules: Obviously 5/5
Does it follow the theme: Did you use cards from the format we gave you? 10/10
Playability (largest factor): Is the deck missing any vital cards? Does the deck have synergy? 30/30

Total is out of 60.

1. Romeo010
2. AquaticWartortle
3. FurretFTW!!1!
4. Rocket_Executive

Post any questions you might have on here. And obviously, post here if you wish to sign up.

Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor. :)

sad boy July 3rd, 2012 10:27 AM

Goodness....What do i have to lose count me in i suppose. When does this contest end? The due date?

Dark Zoroark July 3rd, 2012 10:33 AM

Sign-ups is going to be open for about a week or two. Contest begins if we obtain enough members or if we've reached the due date by then. Then after that, I will be private messaging each contestant of this round's format and each of you will be given two weeks to build the deck.

sad boy July 3rd, 2012 10:39 AM

Sounds nice. Lets hope more people sign up! Ill PM you any further questions.

donavannj July 3rd, 2012 9:29 PM

I'll either participate or judge. Depends on how many other participants we get committed.

AquaticWartortle July 4th, 2012 7:01 AM

I'll join as a competitor.

Dark Zoroark July 4th, 2012 7:04 AM

Gonna be leaving this up for a week and a half. If we don't get enough people by July 15th, then donavannj can become a judge.

donavannj July 5th, 2012 9:55 PM

I was actually going to join as a competitor if we didn't have enough participants. I'm making myself ineligible for the prize, though. I'd just like to challenge my deck-building skills.

Dark Zoroark July 6th, 2012 8:38 AM

Actually, there is no prize. ^^"

donavannj July 6th, 2012 9:33 AM

I was planning on commissioning an emblem to be made for a prize to give people an incentive to participate. ;)

Dark Zoroark July 6th, 2012 2:28 PM

Ok guys, we're not getting enough people. So, bump.

Rocket_Executive July 6th, 2012 8:47 PM

So we aren't actually playing, right? Just building a deck and posting it? If so, I'm in.

FurretFTW!!1! July 7th, 2012 7:15 AM

I'd like to compete. I think this will be fun~

donavannj July 16th, 2012 11:08 PM

Got us an emblem prize ready.

Arma July 22nd, 2012 3:19 PM

Sweet emblem Don! Anyway, I'd like to participate, if it's still possible.

donavannj July 27th, 2012 4:43 PM

Originally Posted by elarmasecreta (Post 7266012)
Sweet emblem Don! Anyway, I'd like to participate, if it's still possible.

Don't compliment me for it, go feed Pokestick, Good Times.'s ego by complimenting him on his work on it! ;)

I'm sure you can participate, but I'll be taking this event over if Dark Zoroark doesn't come back to run it within the next 3 days.

Rocket_Executive July 31st, 2012 2:30 PM

Good idea, I was wondering when this thing would kick off.

donavannj August 5th, 2012 8:41 PM

Sorry for the delay, ladies and gentlemen! Had a very busy week.

Format: Unlimited, with everything EXCEPT the 5 Black & White sets and their promo cards. That means no Black & White promos, either, and none of the McDonald's cards from the last 2 years!

Please submit entries via PM to me by August 24th at 11:59 PM Central Standard Time (GMT -6)!

Overlord Drakow August 6th, 2012 5:10 AM

If it's alright, count me in for this.

donavannj August 9th, 2012 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Drakow (Post 7288439)
If it's alright, count me in for this.

Sorry for the late reply! Go right on ahead with participating, sir.

Overlord Drakow August 10th, 2012 5:40 AM

How long do I have to submit the deck list?

donavannj August 10th, 2012 7:58 AM

Same as everyone else, sir.

Overlord Drakow August 10th, 2012 10:28 AM

Dude, I checked the OP for a deadline and didn't see it, which was why I asked lol. the 24th is plenty of time.

donavannj August 10th, 2012 3:20 PM

I should probably edit the OP with that info. But not now.

IceFyr1928 August 21st, 2012 2:01 PM

I take it theres no round 2...