The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   In-Game Team Help (
-   -   [HGSS] Stuck on 8th gym (

mets3214 August 19th, 2012 8:58 AM

Stuck on 8th gym
After versing Clair, I see that my pokemon are severely under leveled.
Where is the fastest and easiest place to train them?
My team is:

Heracross Lv. 32
Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Horn Attack
Shadow Claw

Scyther Lv. 32
Wing Attack

Feraligatr Lv. 32

Ampharos Lv. 38
Charge Beam
Thunder Wave

Growlithe Lv. 31
Iron Tail
Fire Fang
Take Down

Aryan143 September 7th, 2012 3:27 AM

Best place to train them will be at grass Under Safari Zone. Train till lvl 40 there

gimmepie September 10th, 2012 3:06 AM

The grass near the safari zone should help. Also just as a side note for helping you beat Claire your Ampharos has a terrible move set and if you can you should consider evolving Scyther for the resistance to dragon types its steel typing will give it.

Blue September 13th, 2012 1:50 PM

Yeah, as the two above said the grass close to the Safari Zone provides a nice spot to train, iirc it's the most common training ground when grinding for Clair. I recommend you keep the moves you have for your team since it's pretty balanced.

Hikamaru September 16th, 2012 11:02 PM

I agree with these guys, evolve Scizor and give a few touch-ups to Ampharos' moveset cos it has an all Electric moveset.

Best place to train would be in the patch of grass near the Safari Zone gate.

Also, for Feraligatr, Ice Fang is a better option over Avalanche cos unlike the latter, it doesn't have decreased priority.

For Ampharos, ThunderPunch should be replaced by like, Signal Beam not only cos it needs a little diversity but its Special Attack is higher than Attack.

And also evolve your Growlithe into Arcanine with a Fire Stone cos the higher stats make the difference.