The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon Polls (
-   -   Favorite Normal Starter (

NixChill August 23rd, 2012 6:49 PM

Favorite Normal Starter
who is your favorite normal starter and why? sorry i forgot to add a poll. is it rattata,sentret,zigzagoon,bidoof or patrat?
Rattata:2 vote(s)
Sentret:4 vote(s)
Zigzagoon:5 vote(s)
Bidoof:1 vote(s)
Patrat:1 votes(s)

Rattata's Voters:

Sentret's Voters:
NixChill,Snowdrop,pleryt16,Winter's Dew

Zigzagoon's Voters:
TheLeetCasualGamer,Patchisou Yutohru,LightningAlex,Winter's Dew,XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Bidoof's Voters:

Patrat's Voters:

Snowdrop August 23rd, 2012 6:53 PM

Sentret because Furret is adorable. I think I had one named Vanilla or something a while back on my SoulSilver run.

pleryt16 August 23rd, 2012 7:56 PM

SENTRET! I love Furret. Rattata is close behind, because in my normal monoype of normal on Pokemon Red, it proved its usefulness.

TheLeetCasualGamer August 23rd, 2012 8:35 PM

Zigzagoon It's a raccoon, then it's a ferret with a cute long nose.

No offense to the furret fans, but the anatomy just kind of bothers me with that thing. :/ Just me though.

Noah Ridgewood August 23rd, 2012 9:27 PM

Favorite Normal Starter
[SIZE="a"]Zigzagoon has the most interesting and creative design.[/SIZE]

LightningAlex August 24th, 2012 1:16 AM

I'll say Zigzagoon, too. It's cute, and Linoone is actually a really good Pokemon for battles!

Rodriguezjames55 August 27th, 2012 8:04 PM

rattata because it the onlt one i used aside from a hm slave

Xander Olivieri August 27th, 2012 8:30 PM

I used a Bidoof and ended up destroying almost all the gyms with it alone when I did a Water Run. XD

So Bidoof.

Mentalii August 28th, 2012 5:50 AM

Rattata all the way ! It's the easiest to beat. So, the least annoying.

Twilight Sky August 29th, 2012 4:41 AM

Zigzagoon and Sentret both get my vote, can't really pick and choose between the two. D:

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE September 23rd, 2012 11:40 AM

Either Zigzagoon or Patrat, cause I like Linoone and Watchog's pretty badass :)

Shining Raichu September 26th, 2012 5:21 PM

I hated Bidoof and Patrat, so they're immediately out. So's Zigzagoon.

I think in the end I'll have to go with Sentret! As much as I love Rattata and Raticate, Sentret is that much cuter. All of them are pretty useless though :P

Are there Oceans in Space? September 26th, 2012 7:46 PM

After training one Rattata I realized they weren't too bad. I don't care for any of the others though.

Castform September 26th, 2012 7:50 PM

Easily Zigzagoon. In Ruby I would catch 5 and battle over and over on the first routes and pick up a ton of nuggets and rare candies. lol

ShinyUmbreon189 September 26th, 2012 7:55 PM

All these Pokemon are useless unless your using them for an HM slave. I've used Sentret before and I underestimated it.

Hikamaru September 27th, 2012 12:36 AM

I'd go with Zigzagoon, cos it's the first Normal-type I ever trained.

And I have to admit mine turned out to be a good HM Slave in the end.

Rainbow Arcanine October 1st, 2012 9:05 PM

Sentret all the way :3! It's so adorable and how it stands up on it's long furry tail has always made me smile. The cheery looking personality it has also was one aspect of it I like. He can't only be a HM Slave, he actually served me well when I started playing SS a while back.

The others all look a bit ugly to me,especially Bidoof. Plump cheeks with ugly buck teeth? Ergh...not my thing to be honest D:. Rattata was alright but I still don't have much love for it along with Patrat. Those gleaming red eyes always kind of freaked me out.

Brendino October 1st, 2012 10:15 PM

While I don't think that I actually have a favorite of these 5, I did find Bidoof (later Bibarel) to be the most integral to my team- even if it was just as an HM slave. One thing that always struck me as odd though was that 3/5 of them are able to learn Surf, when they look like they shouldn't be able to (besides maybe Bibarel).

The Grubby Pup October 1st, 2012 10:26 PM

Sentret has always been my favorite outta the normal starters. It's so cute. It tail reminds me of Racoon Mario; prolly cuz they look exactly the same. And once it evolves into Furret...I was like,'s actually cuter than it pre-evolutionary stage. :D Sentret has always had mah respect. I even used one in HGSS.

The Sentret-Line isn't the strongest outta the 5, but that's okay...I never EVAR used a Furret as a HM slave.

I'm looking at you Bibarel. Remember how I made you do EVERYTHING in the Sinnoh Victory Road?! Wore yo ass OUT! LOL