The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Advance Generation (
-   -   FireRedLeafGreen Fire Red or Leaf Green? (

SayWhat September 21st, 2012 8:05 AM

Fire Red or Leaf Green?
I picked LG because vulpix is just so great!

Ludger September 21st, 2012 8:24 AM

FireRed...because...Fire. Haha. Against other games though, both FR and LG can rot. :P Unless compared against DP. I'd take FRLG over them any day. The version exclusives are meh anyway. None of them are my favorites, though I don't dislike any of them. So it's pretty even in that regard.

tajaros September 21st, 2012 7:03 PM

FireRed, cause Charizard is one of my Favorite Pokemon, and it's also my favorite ROM to hack... :)

Poke Fox September 21st, 2012 7:50 PM

I'd pick Fire Red, its the first Pokemon game I ever played. For FR or LG don't matter which one, Meowth is on both games

zephyr6257 September 21st, 2012 8:15 PM

FireRed, better exclusive Pokés. :3

ShinyUmbreon189 September 21st, 2012 8:49 PM

I like both and both games have exclusive Pokemon I want. But if I had to pick one I would have say Fire Red.

Brendino September 21st, 2012 9:12 PM

Aside from Scizor and Golduck, all the version exclusives that I prefer are on LeafGreen, so if I had the opportunity to go back and choose, I would have picked LeafGreen (not that I didn't enjoy FireRed, I just wish I had thought about it ahead of time).

LLovro September 22nd, 2012 4:43 AM

fire red because of arcanine,scyther and skarmory althoug I've choosen leaf green to beat first

Mentalii September 22nd, 2012 5:10 AM

LeafGreen. Actually... It's more a colour reason than an "exclusive Pokémon" reason x) I was happy to play with the remake of the unreleased Green version (well, I mean, in America and Europe), plus I prefer the protagonist Leaf than Fire. Fire is just a remake of the awesome Red, and, you can't remake such a person. While Leaf is a whole new character, and represent the unreleased female character from the 1st gen, so that's awesome.

Talli September 22nd, 2012 5:44 AM

I would choose pokemon Firered because it has the better verison exclusives that leaf green has.

Blue September 22nd, 2012 12:31 PM

Leaf Green, although the majority will most likely choose Fire Red, it was the first out of the two I got and I preferred it tbh.

Ephemeral Euphoria September 22nd, 2012 12:47 PM

Both are personal favorites of mine so it's impossible to really choose tbh, made great teams on both versions out of what was given to me so it's a tough one to decide when picking one version over the other as far as personal experiences go on my end. Version exclusive wise though I prefer Fire Red because of Growlithe being a major help before along with access to Skarmory later on as well.

KonohaSkye September 22nd, 2012 1:58 PM

I like both too. I may pick up Fire Red again

Hikamaru September 22nd, 2012 5:18 PM

LeafGreen, cos I played a bit of it.

Also, their version exclusives are better.

Xander Olivieri September 22nd, 2012 6:25 PM

I ended up with Leaf Green cause my brother had gotten Fire Red. Ended up playing the boy first go round and as was tradition....named him the color of my game XD So my rival was Red (Gary).

Played the girl on the second play through and named her red just for the hell of it XD

Hamako-chan September 22nd, 2012 6:38 PM

I would pick FireRed cause Fire and Red are awesome LOL.
But, when I went to buy FireRed, there was only LeafGreen so I bought LG instead. But, yeah, FR FTW!

Katamari September 22nd, 2012 6:57 PM

Considering FireRed is the only one I've owned, I'm going with that.

But I would have liked to have gotten LeafGreen just because I am such a huge Ninetales fan.

The Grubby Pup September 22nd, 2012 7:42 PM

I had firered, cuz my older brother had the orignal red version in the past. I just wanted to follow in his footsteps...

pleryt16 September 22nd, 2012 8:46 PM

Leaf Green, it has Sandslash.

Treecko September 23rd, 2012 2:29 AM

I have owned both before but I'd have to go with FireRed cause I like the version exclusives more, though LeafGreen has Sandslash one of my favorite ground types. Though FireRed has more version exclusives I like.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE September 23rd, 2012 10:32 AM

LeafGreen also for Ninetales :D Plus green is my second favourite colour and LG is my initials haha :)

vaporeon7 September 23rd, 2012 1:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sydian (Post 7347373)
FireRed...because...Fire. Haha. Against other games though, both FR and LG can rot. :P Unless compared against DP. I'd take FRLG over them any day. The version exclusives are meh anyway. None of them are my favorites, though I don't dislike any of them. So it's pretty even in that regard.

I pretty much agree with Sydders here, though maybe not as harshly. If I had to pick one though I guess it'd be LeafGreen because that is the game I had, while my brother had FireRed.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™ September 25th, 2012 10:47 AM

Leaf Green because (a) it has the better version exclusives, (b) it's the one I picked up because my brother got FR, and (c) of the two colors, I prefer green.

Originally Posted by XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE (Post 7349796)
LG is my initials haha :)

Same here, actually, though it didn't have a bearing on what game I got xD

squirrelfeet September 25th, 2012 12:07 PM

FireRed for cooler colors and Pokemon. These games are actually close to identical, though.

`Brianna October 6th, 2012 5:25 PM

I got Fire red, just because that's what my brother got. :P I really wish I had gotten LG, though.