The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   PCX - PokéCommunity 10th Anniversary Get-Together (
-   -   The PCX Pokémon Anime Snapshots Contest (

Zach September 22nd, 2012 9:37 PM

The PCX Pokémon Anime Snapshots Contest
Anime Snapshot Contest!
Hi! Are you a Pokemon anime fan, or just an all around Pokemon fan in general? In this contest you'll try and find the best anime photo that best fits the daily theme!

We're going to be using themes related to the overall categories of General Anime, Past, and Present!

So.. how does this work?
In the morning one of the two hosts (ZachLMedia or Lapras*) will post a theme and all of you need to find a picture from the Pokemon Anime that best matches our theme! (you don't have to take the picture yourself, but you can if you want!) All of the entires for the theme will be judged by the judges and then announced later!

Any rules?
Why yes!
* Don't post images larger than 500x500! *
* Please no repeated pictures, sorry! *
* No snaps from the banned episodes, please! *
* Credit the source of your image, such as "Image from Serebii" (if it's your own snapshot, please say so) *
* Most importantly: no hotlinking! That means you can't just find the picture and use that link. You have to save the image to your computer and then either use an upload site and post the image here! *

Can I get a prize?
Yes actually! Everyone gets an emblem for participating, and you'll get an emblem if you win, too!

Winning - Past, Present, General Anime:

Past themes/winners:

Today's Theme:
Submissions are closed! Judging underway...

Avishka September 24th, 2012 12:04 AM

i would like to take part in this! :D :D

Nothing is as sad as this episode! imo

Rainbow Arcanine September 24th, 2012 12:27 AM

I would like to have a go too xD!
Spoiler: It was a tense moment watching this... and I still remember it :P.

vaporeon7 September 24th, 2012 12:54 AM

I'll give it a go
The nostalgia of this episode and the song My Best Friends... unmissable.
cred: Bulbapedia

Correspondence September 24th, 2012 7:56 AM

I'll give it a shot in this
Spoiler: end of an era

danaxe September 24th, 2012 10:06 AM

i seriously thought they were going to die then!

i started crying and had nightmares. it was so sad for me, i thought it would eat them.

credit to serebii for the picture!!

EonNeo September 24th, 2012 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Most epic moment in th anime (in the third film, in fact)

(Sorry but I can't send URL yet)

Credit is from Poké

Squirrel September 24th, 2012 2:56 PM

I'll enter!

This screenshot is pure nostalgia for me.

Image from... Well, actually it was from some guy's tumblr, so it's from wherever they found it :D

As most people are aware, I utterly love Sandshrew, and this moment of the anime is the reason why! Ever since seeing AJ's Sandshrew I've been obsessed with them and I've always dreamt of having one as my partner. A moment so powerful that it can start off an obsession like that is a moment to be remembered, and that's why it's nostalgic for me. c:

Olli September 24th, 2012 3:13 PM

Completely forgot about this :O

This is a part of the early Pokemon that I'll never forget, especially since it's probably one of the saddest moments in the anime. Hope the movies count as anime too, and just ignore Pikachu's stance xD

Snapped it myself from the movie rigth after our stream. Easy when you have everything prepared :D

Brendino September 24th, 2012 3:21 PM

The most memorable moment in the entire Pokemon series for me... right in the first episode.

The moment right before Pikachu finally trusts Ash and fights off all the Spearow.

Screenshot taken from an online stream of the episode.

Pixelrush September 24th, 2012 3:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There are a lot of nostalgic moments in the Pokémon anime but the race between Ponyta and Dodrio is always the first thing that pops up in my mind. The part when Ponyta evolves was so awesome and the music just made it for me. xD

countryemo September 24th, 2012 6:34 PM

So many have been posted.

Where I fell in love with Xatu, this episode.

Hamako-chan September 24th, 2012 6:46 PM

That's when Ash turned 10. Just like PokeCommunity turning 10 years old. Let's hope PokeCommunity doesn't get thunderbolted :)

Forever September 24th, 2012 8:22 PM

Nostalgic because when I was younger I remember reading the book and watching through the movie and I just used to dream about related stuff, and just imagine I was there... and this was one of the nicest scenes because it's nostalgic for not only me, but the character Molly because that's an old memory now she so desperately wants back!

Screenshot'd by me.

jimsta September 24th, 2012 9:12 PM

First episode. Ash being yelled at by his mum with his awesome clock. Just cut from the first Pokemon battle aswell.

curiousnathan September 24th, 2012 9:58 PM

The fight that blooms into an everlasting friendship. Source:

Zach September 25th, 2012 1:09 AM

Great entries, everyone! The previous theme has ended and entries will no longer be accepted, however there's another theme up! :cool:

Past: Moment from an episode you could watch over and over (snapshot must not be from newer seasons)
Also, as a reminder, please credit your snapshot's source (if it's your own, credit yourself) and please no hotlinking from other websites. The snapshot can either be uploaded as a attachment here or to an image-hosting website such as imgur, tinypic, Imageshack, etc.

Rainbow Arcanine September 25th, 2012 1:51 AM

Here's my one for the new theme :3!

That one always made me smile and I'd watch it over and over to cheer me up xD.Pikachu eating ketchup was such a horrible pun to Ash's name but so adorable at the same time xD!
I found this on Google Images again and the picture led me to Tumblr.

halcyonic September 25th, 2012 2:13 AM

I might as well join this fun event:
This episode was so touching & sad but it keeps running in my mind......
Thanks, Serebii!

Correspondence September 25th, 2012 3:50 AM

For the second theme.
This was one of the funniest moments in the anime.I could watch it over and over again.

Credit : Bulbapedia

curiousnathan September 25th, 2012 5:53 AM

This is definitely one of the funniest moments for me, and I'd happily re-watch it numerous times. Brock..isn't exactly loving the female attention here! Source:

Aryan143 September 25th, 2012 7:09 AM

It was the funniest moment so that I could watch it over and over.

Avishka September 25th, 2012 7:22 AM

This was first thing that popped up in my mind :P :P

credit :

danaxe September 25th, 2012 7:39 AM

i LOVE this episode.

so funny at this moment

Squirrel September 25th, 2012 11:36 AM

Moment from an episode you could watch over and over.

There's no other option for me:

Screen capped by me just now :3

This whole concert was just hilarious. Jigglypuff's singing (which tbh is awesome!) leading to the whole town falling asleep was just insanely funny, especially when Team Rocket fell asleep too and had their progress foiled. x] Then when Jigglypuff gets mad that's an instant classic, so this is the key rewatchable moment for me :D