The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Progressing Hacks (
-   -   FireRed Pokemon: Legends of Oxcrest (

DaleH771 October 1st, 2012 11:07 AM

Pokemon: Legends of Oxcrest
.:Legends of Oxcrest:.

Me, Myself and I.
I am DaleH771
This is my second hack [See Pokemon: Adventure to Empire Isle].
I am a very busy person, progress is kinda slow and I hate scripting.
Mapping is my passion with regards to Hacking.

This Hack?
This my second hack, Pokemon: Legends of Oxcrest.
The tiles were inserted by me.
A hack that focuses on an in depth story.
A hack that boasts beautifully playable maps.

The Story, you wanna hear it?
Ok, so this hasn't been thought through thoroughly.
So you, your younger brother Simon, and father Malcolm live in Pleasantgrove, along the northern side of Oxcrest. Your mother is away, fulfilling her title as EastPort City Gym Leader. Your father, trusting in you and your brother gives you some of his old Pokemon and sends you on your way to visit your mother. Along the way you will challenge trainers, meet enemies and friends alike and attempt to stop a ruthless group of Poachers, killing and injuring Pokemon for profitable reasons.

Some features? Ok, well...
- 8 badges, just like usual, spread across Oxcrest.
- 8 badges yes, but not all earned in the usual manner.
- A whole new region.
- Beautiful tiles & mapping.
- New mysteries and adventures for the wandering trainer.
- Revised TM LIST.
- And many more new bit & bobs.

Some media? Why not. I have screenshots & a tester video. Check 'em.

Videos here! -

Demo Release?
When I have finished the first segment, if I can find the time. No dates being promised!

Credits? I guess I should do.
Tiles - Kyledove, WesleyFG, Giradialkia.
Tile Inserting - Me.
Mapping - Me.
Scripting - Me.
Everything but designing the tiles - Me.

Thanks a hoot for takin' a scooby at me hack guys!
"Smell ya later!"

Major thank you to Mavy42 for this incredible support bar. Place it in your signature guys!
HTML Code:

And Pinkish Purple for this also wonderful work of art. Use it people!
HTML Code:

Pinkish Purple October 1st, 2012 3:11 PM

This looks cool! do you need any help? and did you recolour the tree tilles yourself?

arkdragon October 1st, 2012 3:43 PM

Cool you should add a free pokemon event (ex:man gives you a random Pokmon) or can you buy some

sile October 1st, 2012 5:30 PM

The maps/tiles look dope. mad props man.

NarutoActor October 1st, 2012 5:51 PM

The green trees are very sharp and bright in comparison to the grass. The grey roof is also kinda odd looking. The mapping from what I can see looks very nice. The story is fine, and your hack as promise; I wish you the best of luck.

~Andrea October 5th, 2012 7:48 AM

Good job :)
This hack is beautiful ;)

Saltsas October 7th, 2012 12:42 AM

this hack is very beautiful indeed.Good luck with it.I personally like the trees and the roofs.

Greenlizard0. October 7th, 2012 1:41 PM

Pleasantgrove gives one a good feeling. The story seems good. I also like the size of the house (in most hacks houses are small things), that points to detail.

Al3x October 8th, 2012 7:29 AM

This looks very nice, I'd love to have a banner for it in my signature. :D

DaleH771 October 9th, 2012 9:20 AM

Originally Posted by Al3X (Post 7365704)
This looks very nice, I'd love to have a banner for it in my signature. :D

How very kind and supportive of you :)

I do not know how to create banners, but if you'd be interested in creating one then I'd credit you and put it up in the main thread for all to see/use ^^

Pinkish Purple October 9th, 2012 9:28 PM

I could do one if u want but im not very good. What pokemon do you need?

DaleH771 October 14th, 2012 11:03 AM

.:Legends of Oxcrest:.
Update #1

These screens feature Cove Brink (Home to wealthy, former fisherman father of the second Gym leader) the first glimpses of Rivenwold City.

Rivenwold City is more than likely the place that the demo version of this game is going to end. Yes, it has a Gym, but that Gym is not yet accessible (For the Demo). This is Rivenwold City's first draft, changes will be made, and it's size is soon to be increased.

Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple (Post 7367316)
I could do one if u want but im not very good. What pokemon do you need?

Dratini, Eevee and Tauros please :) They all have major roles within the story ^^

Pinkish Purple October 25th, 2012 11:18 PM

Sorry I haven't made a reply because of the stupid recent exams anyways, my holidays start in a few days' time. I'll start making one for you at around that time. I love your hack! u are so independent... Keep it up!

mavy42 October 26th, 2012 3:25 AM

Sorry Pinkish, I'm back and I'll do this hacks support userbar and here it is! Hope you like it!
HTML Code:

Hacker Bisharp October 26th, 2012 5:35 AM

This is your new hack Dale?
It's wonderful compliments :)

DaleH771 October 30th, 2012 5:14 AM

Originally Posted by mavy42 (Post 7385903)
Sorry Pinkish, I'm back and I'll do this hacks support userbar and here it is! Hope you like it!
HTML Code:

Wow man, simply wow. I love it! Thank you very much, without a doubt earning a position in the main thread!

Thanks everyone, your comments are very appreciated. I apologize for slow progress, life is busy! But I want this demo to be released at least.

Thanks again.

Pseudo-woodo October 30th, 2012 5:11 PM

This hack looks pretty promising. I really like the new tiles you've done, and the plot is simple and good. Nice work, I hope to see a demo soon (mainly so I can admire the tiles more).

Pinkish Purple November 4th, 2012 5:29 AM

HTML Code:

Here! I hyperlinked it for you! Sorry I couldn't do u the banner :(

DaleH771 November 4th, 2012 6:44 AM

Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple (Post 7396748)
HTML Code:

Here! I hyperlinked it for you! Sorry I couldn't do u the banner :(

Cheers bud!
Feel free to do another banner for me mate, I have no problem with that!
If you wanted to do another one, did you want to use the same three Pokemon or did you want to use others?
Piloswine, Stantler and Donphan are a further three Pokemon who play relevant roles in this hack.

Ashor November 4th, 2012 9:48 AM

Looking good can't wait to play . Even better that one of my favorite pokemon, Eevee, has a main role!

Elements1 November 9th, 2012 7:06 AM

Looks great!! If you need help scripting or anything you can all on me :)

iKola November 11th, 2012 10:49 PM

I absolutely love the color of your maps looks really urban and realistic. I will be following this thread for updates!

Pinkish Purple November 14th, 2012 8:26 PM

Alright :) I'll start work as soon as I get back home!

lizzzz November 16th, 2012 1:55 PM

This hack looks super promising. I can't wait to try it out! I love how crisp and vivid everything looks. You're doing an excellent job, keep it up!!

Shiny Zard November 16th, 2012 3:09 PM

Nice Hack, Looks very interesting! Can't wait to see what the Hacks like. The Screen Shots are promising :D