The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Color & Metal Generations (
-   -   Crystal: Breeding Help (

Ben. October 2nd, 2012 1:47 PM

Crystal: Breeding Help
I was just wondering for some breeding help as i've check bulbapedia and there doesn't seem to be an easy way and I can't seem to get my head around it.
Basically I'm wondering what's the best way to breed a shiny togepi. I'm just wondering what would be the best combination of genders on each side for each pokemon. I was planning on using a shiny Garaydos from the lake of rage; soft feasting to find the best combination to achieve the 1/64 egg, same thing as togepi egg. If anyone could give me a hand that would be fantastic, thanks.

I didn't know where to put this either so if someone could move it or whatever.. Yeah.

EonNeo October 2nd, 2012 2:12 PM

Use the glitch with RBY versions to obtain a shiny ditto, and then you just have to put it with your Togepi.

Ben. October 2nd, 2012 2:15 PM

Never heard of that one! Got a link too it?
So shiny ditto acts as the perfect pair? Good to know.
Thanks for the help :)

EonNeo October 2nd, 2012 2:19 PM

Here's a link:

You will need 2 Game Boy (with Crystal and a first generation game) to do this.

sbs_will_monoxide October 8th, 2012 4:25 PM

Can you use a ditto to breed any pokemoN?

Ludger October 8th, 2012 5:15 PM

I'll lock this since it got answered. Use the Q&A next time please! :) Oh, and there's a breeding guide in the FAQ, though I'm not totally sure if it covers this glitch. Hope you get your shiny. :)