The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon Anime (
-   -   Favorite Companion of Ash (

JayD October 3rd, 2012 11:45 AM

Favorite Companion of Ash
Who is your favorite companion that Ash had been with?

TheLeetCasualGamer October 3rd, 2012 1:00 PM

Definitely Cilan for me.

He's the first person to make me laugh in a real long time within the series xP

Mochaccino October 3rd, 2012 8:17 PM

Definitely May! what's not awesome about her? her clumsy and cute personality, her pokemons, her hair and clothing, she's the coolest and she's my favorite character in the whole series <3 I got really mad when they replaced her with Dawn.. (I don't like her quiet much..)
Iris is also another favorite girl of mine :3

Satoshi Ookami October 4th, 2012 1:25 AM

Haruka, Haruka, Haruka.
But I'm starting to like Iris as well and Dent is by far favorite male companion =D

JayD October 4th, 2012 10:53 AM

I like Misty the most, the quirrels that Ash and Misty had were quite funny, and her water pokemons were awesome too :)

υ Shivam October 4th, 2012 11:08 AM

I like May the most.
Cilan is my 2nd favorite of mine :P

Hikamaru October 4th, 2012 4:22 PM

Dawn for me, cos I loved her personality.

WingedDragon October 4th, 2012 5:53 PM

Brock and Misty Hands down.

Killjoy October 4th, 2012 6:38 PM

I liked the Tracey dude. Not necessarily because I liked any of the episodes he was in (Not saying I didn't either, in fact I barely remember any of them (just the one with the pink rhyhorn lol)). It's mostly because, the other day I saw a picture of him and it sent me on an awesome nostalgia trip

DBZ fan October 6th, 2012 1:52 AM

I guess i liked Misty the most, having endearing personality and many quirks which kept character fresh for me, and imo she brought great dynamics and humor to cast. She was feisty, spunky, caring, assertive and full of adventurous spirit often playing role of heroine by saving people lives, helping others about their problems and having great sense of humor.

I also enjoyed in growth through she went as character,starting as short tempered girl exploding over everything trying to cover up her insecurities with temper, with time gradually growing in more mature and confident character over time with various sides of her personality(beside only temper) being explored more still being quirky. Which led to some great character development with Misty gaining sisters respect getting over complex of feeling less worthy, getting over Gyarados fear, growing as water trainer coming in light of more confident and independent person(top 8 in Whirl Cup, winning Seaking championship, Alto mare race etc kinda confirming that she improved) while still having charm,etc.

I know its been long since she left cast, but part of me hopes we will see her again.
She has lot of untapped potential, leaving several things about her story unexplored and untied. Like goal of becoming water pokemon master which was unfinished existing several ways through which this dream could be advanced,potential to learn more about Misty seeing her grow as person,catch new pokemon and so on.
And i miss that unmistakable dynamic she brought to cast, being refreshing to see her interact with new characters and Ash after so long.

Now when i think about it becoming E4 or being taken as some powerful water trainer apprentice(like Lorelei)would be nice material to make story arc out of it and good way to wrap up character being as closest as shes possibly going to get in achievement of her dream. Since E4 are best trainers which use one type in world, and seems like logical step forward from gym position.

Hannah October 16th, 2012 7:14 PM

Dawn, hands down. I love her charming, bubbly personality. My second would be Brock, tho.

Jalsy October 17th, 2012 4:56 AM

I hope this poll to be multiple choice poll..XD
It's either between Brock or Misty since they were the first two companion and they have spent a lot time with Ash.. so Brock for me.. though every of Ash's companions were awesome in their own unique ways to accompany Ash..and I love all of themXD

93Aiwass October 18th, 2012 8:44 AM

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

My favourite companion is Brock... yes, it's all those Bouldershipping fics. ;-P

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

curiousnathan October 18th, 2012 1:01 PM

Definitely Dawn. I loved her, especially compated to Misty and May and Iris who I always found really sooky and just all in all irritating characters. ):

Correspondence October 22nd, 2012 10:37 AM

For me its Dawn because of her confidence.

IcyIce November 6th, 2012 6:44 PM

May. She was just by far my favorite character.

amjugan December 16th, 2012 7:45 PM

May, All the way, Oh look, she's winning!

OrangeNess December 16th, 2012 8:14 PM

I'm the only Max lover. :(

Poke Fox December 16th, 2012 10:50 PM

I had a hard time deciding between Brock and Tracey. Really loved that Tracey was really calm and enthusiastic to get close to the Pokemon and sketch them out, whit out being noticed.

So I was a person in the Pokemon world, I would definately love to become a Pokemon watcher or a Pokemon doctor. Poll my vote went to Tracey Sketchit (I'm really hoping that Tracey will ever make another Anime appearance)

JayD December 20th, 2012 12:20 PM

Tracey was a good addition to the group, too bad they didn't give him more screen time.

Patrick December 23rd, 2012 9:28 PM

Brock's probably been with Ash the longest that I'm aware of, so the two probably know each other well enough to be brothers.

I'm suprised Pikachu's not an option. Or maybe that's too easy.

Fonzy95 December 26th, 2012 2:42 PM

Misty for sure! she was so charitable in the "Stun Spore Detour" episode <3

VanilkaXVulpix December 26th, 2012 2:50 PM

My absolute favorite companion of Satoshi is Dent, no doubt! I absolutely adore Dent because he is attractive, classy, unique, and has wonderful personality. I LOVE watching episodes about him and hope for more back story on him. I hope he gets as many seasons as Takeshi did. Trust me, if there were an Anime for him I would watch it. xD