The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon Gaming Central (
-   -   Favorite Kind of Pokeball? (

tajaros October 10th, 2012 2:20 PM

Favorite Kind of Pokeball?
So, guys what's your favorite kind of Poke Ball?

For me it will be the Luxury Ball cause it looks cool... :)

Katamari October 10th, 2012 2:37 PM

Luxury Ball for same reason, and it has the best effect.

Blue Emerald October 10th, 2012 2:55 PM

Dusk Ball; best Poke Ball for catching a lot of legendaries, as they all tend to live in caves, plus they're the strongest of all the Poke Balls (besides the Master Ball) when used at night.

Killjoy October 10th, 2012 3:57 PM

I like to just use regular Pokeballs when I'm building a team, but I'll usually use Ultraballs or Dusk balls when just catching Pokémon for the box.

Ludger October 10th, 2012 4:14 PM

I love Dive, Love, Luxury, and Premier Balls! :) Heal Balls are also nice, especially in BW(2) when I can't get a Love Ball, so they have to suffice haha. When I was younger, Timer Balls were my favorite because they always worked well for me in Colosseum, but after I started RNGing and wanting to catch things in matching Pokeballs, I've come to realize how awesome these four are. I've always preferred Premier over Pokeballs though.

Castform October 10th, 2012 4:42 PM

On a pure design standpoint premier and luxury, but you can't deny the awesomeness of a Master Ball:)

Yuzuru Otonashi October 10th, 2012 6:00 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Emerald (Post 7367944)
Dusk Ball; best Poke Ball for catching a lot of legendaries, as they all tend to live in caves, plus they're the strongest of all the Poke Balls (besides the Master Ball) when used at night.

Tch, beat me to it xD

After Dusk, gonna say Quick Ball.

PlatinumDude October 10th, 2012 6:22 PM

I like Quick Balls. They get the job done most of the time and I don't have to fight the Pokemon in that case.

xxReshiramxx October 10th, 2012 7:14 PM

I like the Heal Ball the best I feel it has the most useful effect out of all of the Pokeballs.

Demon. October 10th, 2012 7:21 PM

The dusk ball has served me well.

Brendino October 10th, 2012 8:36 PM

I play the game most often during the night time, so I've found that the Dusk Ball has been the most useful for me. I think basically every legendary that I've caught (even the roaming ones) have been in Dusk Balls, and I usually stock up with 20 or 30 of them at the first possible time I get access to them. I do also like the Master Ball, but it takes away any challenge of catching a Pokemon, so I just reserve them for any random Shiny Pokemon I might find.

60 October 10th, 2012 8:45 PM

If I could, I'd catch every Pokemon in a Dive Ball.<33 But they're so hard to come by, I'm not even sure if you can buy them outside of Mossdeep.

Rothometapratis October 11th, 2012 8:30 AM

Regular. I never liked any of the others. I don't use 'em either.

Plumpyfoof October 12th, 2012 5:42 AM

I like the Premier ball to be honest it has the coolest design, otherwise I'd stick to Ultra balls.

Sheep October 12th, 2012 12:25 PM

Luxury and Dusk balls for me, personally! Those two have some awesome effects. Regular Poke balls are close seconds though, since I just like their simplicity (a lot more than Great and Ultra balls). Dx

The Grubby Pup October 12th, 2012 9:32 PM

Timer Ball for those stubborn Pokemon that takes awhile to capture, plus the Pokeball effect isn't too shabby neither.

I also like da Dusk Ball has one of the awesome effect on the game. Plus you use it at night...or inside a cave.

Hikamaru October 12th, 2012 10:27 PM

Effect-wise I'd say Dusk Ball and Quick Ball cos they always come in handy.

However my fave appearance wise is the Dive Ball. I just love the colors on it.

Rainbow Arcanine October 12th, 2012 10:42 PM

Based on usefulness definitely the Dusk Ball and Quick Ball :3.The Dusk Ball was amazing catching stubborn Pokemon at night or those that lurked in caves.It was also helpful catching Pokemon without using a move by chucking a Quick Ball which almost always caught it.

Design wise,I think I honestly love the simple Pokeball and Dive Ball.The Pokeball,it might not be the best at catching,but it's design was so simple yet effective :D. And the Dive Ball,the ocean engraved on it was amazing :3.

BLOOOD-La-ti- October 12th, 2012 11:34 PM

I'd say the Timer,dusk and quick ball(besides master ball).

They are the best.And they are the most handy ones.
Dusk ball helped me a lot in BW2.
Quick ball gets the job done quickly.
Timer is for Pokemon that takes a while to catch.

Para-Dox October 13th, 2012 12:50 AM

I find Ultra Ball overall the most useful of all them, as they have the best consistent catch rate of all of them. Another useful one is the Dusk Ball, as I sometimes play in the dark, and most legendary Pokemon are found in caves, where Dusk Balls get the catch rate boost.

Sverige October 13th, 2012 1:02 AM

My favourite is the Great Ball, I don't know why.

何贤豪 October 13th, 2012 1:27 AM

Basing on catch rate + usefulness, the Master Ball (Obvious much?). But outside of that, Dusk Balls are great for Legendary Pokemon, since most reside in caves. Quick Balls can work for Roaming Pokemon when they're already wounded up and asleep. And that's all that I'd say as useful Poke Balls, at least for me.

Wateria October 13th, 2012 3:49 AM

my favourite type of pokeball is the heal ball..due to it healing the pokemon caught in it.

chella182 October 13th, 2012 3:59 AM

For usefulness, I find Dusk Balls the best, since I almost always play at night. For looks etc, I like Cherish Balls 'cause they're all rainbow when the Pokémon is released :D

BluDodge October 14th, 2012 10:25 AM

I just love the look of the original balls. Besides, no-one in the anime or anything uses poke balls other than the originals so I try to catch Pokemon in original balls as much as I can. If not the original then I'd go with Cherish Balls because they look all posh and stylish.