The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon Gaming Central (
-   -   Your first Shiny? (

ArcanaFlaera October 26th, 2012 2:22 PM

Your first Shiny?
So, yes, I decided to start one of these things. Erm, so I guess what I'm asking is...

What was your first shiny pokemon ever? Not one you caught, one you saw. You probably did catch though, after all, it is a shiny.

My first was actually a shiny Vulpix in FireRed. I still have that Shiny Ninetales somewhere on my Diamond copy after I migrated it. I adored her, the coloring was so beautiful.

Sverige October 26th, 2012 2:28 PM

My first ever shiny was Budew in Platinum. I was never sure whether I wanted to evolve it into a Roserade or not...

Melissaxo October 26th, 2012 2:36 PM

Mine was a Zubat in FireRed.

AncientWarrior October 26th, 2012 2:36 PM

My first one was from the GTS in Platinum, and it was a Pikachu. My first one I caught myself was a Woobat in White.

Posted from App for Android

Sandshrew4 October 26th, 2012 2:39 PM

Mine was a shiny Psyduck in Firered. I wanted a Sandshrew :( But it was still cool!
Edit: Wait, I guess technically it would be the Shiny Gyrados in HG but thats part of the story so I don't count it.

Brendino October 26th, 2012 2:41 PM

The first one that I actually saw was a Teddiursa on my Pokemon Gold. It's been a long time since that happened, but I think I ended up getting a critical hit on it and causing it to faint.

My first shiny that I actually caught, though, was a Shroomish in Sapphire. And it's funny, because I don't even remember seeing it, but found it in my PC years later.

Hookersmacker October 26th, 2012 2:43 PM

My first shiny was Stunky, I hated stunky, I dont know why, so I never trained it.

ThatOneGolurk October 26th, 2012 2:51 PM

Mine was a Voltorb in Emerald. I never got the chance to catch it though; It used Selfdestruct.

A Shiny Pokémon I did catch though was a Golett.

LividZephyr October 26th, 2012 6:03 PM

Pidgey. Route 1. Leaf Green. I'm not even joking. Second Pokemon I encountered after getting the Poke Balls. Bam, shiny.

Also caught a Geodude in Crystal this month, so that would be two :)

Hikamaru October 26th, 2012 7:07 PM

A female Duskull back in Pokemon Ruby, I didn't even know she was Shiny until I caught her.

Ice-Dragon October 26th, 2012 7:15 PM

A shiny Paras in firered. First one I ever saw so lucky I caught it.

Seki October 26th, 2012 7:56 PM

First shiny would be the Red Gyrados in Pokemon Gold, but that's a common shiny, no big deal. So a real first legit shiny would be a Sentret which I caught in my Heart Gold game.

Tranca October 26th, 2012 8:04 PM

My first shiny I was aware of encountering - and captured was Zubat in soulsilver.

Mr Popo October 26th, 2012 8:08 PM

Drowzee next to the daycare center in Pokemon Silver.

The Nightmare October 26th, 2012 8:41 PM

Mine one was a geodude from victory road in pokemon leafgreen.

gaminggarchomp October 27th, 2012 3:56 AM

Well, my shiny pokemon story: Basically, I was in a cave, and found a shiny Zubat. BUT I was so nooby at Pokemon at that time that I thought that was the original and actual colour of a Zubat, and I never knew that shinies were this rare. So...... I ran away. :(

Tyrantrum October 27th, 2012 7:42 AM

My first shiny was a Mightyena in Emerald! :) Which I transferred to my Pearl, then lost it forever after I deleted the save file, completely forgetting it was in there. :(

I miss that Mightyena. ;~;

PlatinumDude October 27th, 2012 8:37 AM

The first shiny I saw was a Sableye in Sapphire, but I ran from it. The first shiny I actually caught was Koffing in Emerald

Wateria October 27th, 2012 9:02 AM

my first shiny part from the red Gyodoes was a Beedrill in the bug catching contest..It lose the contest but hey it's a shiny.

Keiran October 27th, 2012 9:09 AM

My first shiny was a Seel in HeartGold. I don't remember how I noticed it because there is hardly any difference.

Synerjee October 27th, 2012 9:18 AM

My first shiny was a Psyduck! I caught it because it was blue, not because it was shiny. I then started a new game (I had no interest in shines long time ago). When I found out I had a SHINY Psyduck, I gave myself a huge facepalm. ><

Fomalhaut October 27th, 2012 7:12 PM

First shiny I ever SAW was a Skorupi. Badass coloring. Unfortunately, it was in the Marsh Zone in Pt... If only I had thrown a Pokeball instead of some mud *sigh* BUT! I have redeemed myself, and my first shiny caught was a Gligar in one of B2's Hidden Grotto's. Got a shiny Espeon through GTS, though I don't really count that one.

coolcatkim22 October 28th, 2012 8:12 AM

Shiny Wurmple in my sapphire verison.

Vicktor Black October 28th, 2012 8:59 AM

I got lucky and got a shiny torchic as my first shiny in Ruby and the first traded shiny I got was a pelipper.

LightJordan October 28th, 2012 9:02 AM

Mine was zubat in leafgreen and i evolved him until he became a beautiful pink crobat