Elite Four First Round
So I'm prepping to face the Elite Four for the first time on my team currently

Sparks (Ampharos) level 30 Item Held: Magnet
Gusto (Pidgeotto) Level 25 Item Held: None
Drowzee Level 25 Item Held: None
Red Ace (Gyrarados) Level 40 Item Held : None
Rhyperior Level 50 Item Held: AmuletCoin
Magcargo Level 60 Item Held: None.

I'm currently training near Victory Road and Route 27. (Is there any better place?)

But would this be a good solid team once I get them all to level 50?

gimmepie October 29th, 2012 10:52 AM

I'd recommend switching Drowzee/Hypno for Alakazam or trade over a Gardevoir/Gallade or something.

Magcargo generally sucks but at that level and with a decent move-set it should be ok.

I can't offer much more help than that right now, seeing move sets may help.

TheCrimson102 October 29th, 2012 10:56 AM

i would actually get them all to level.60 and make sure to stock up on revives and full restores. Make sure to heal those pokemon whenever their hp gets low too a critical hit could kill you.

Purple M. Godwin. October 29th, 2012 11:08 AM

Red Ace:
Rain Dace
Ice Fang

Thunder Punch
Thunder Wave

Rock Climb
Rock Smash
Horn Drill

Lava Plume
Rock Slide
Body Slam

Pseudo-woodo October 29th, 2012 5:32 PM

While I would also advise you to drop the Drowzee for an Alakazam, the really essential thing is to be at the correct levels and have sufficient healing items. Your movesets look fairly good, although I would try to get through Victory Road with Rhyperior's rock smash and then replace it with something a bit stronger.

gimmepie October 30th, 2012 12:06 AM

I'd Suggest a dragon move fore Gyarados.

For Pidgeot I don't see much point in Whirlwind without using entry hazards. Steel Wing maybe?

Hypno looks pretty good.

Ampharos might need a move that isn't electric.

Rhyperior needs a stab move or two.

Magcargo looks fine.