The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon Gaming Central (
-   -   Favorite protagonist? (

Castform October 30th, 2012 7:02 AM

Favorite protagonist?
Who is you favorite protagonist of the main series games?

Edit: I added sprites for reference.

Hikamaru October 30th, 2012 7:10 AM

Rosa, cos she's extremely cute and I love her hair.

PlatinumDude October 30th, 2012 12:09 PM

I like Hilbert; he reminds me of Jaden Yuki from Yu-Gi-Oh GX.

Ven Bloodia October 30th, 2012 12:11 PM

Ethan, he's the most impressive acomplishment wise imo.

MrTripStack October 30th, 2012 12:28 PM

My favorite Pokémon protagonist would probably be Ethan; he was always the most interesting to me, appearance-wise. I also really like Nate's design and Rosa's cuteness definitely started getting to me after a while.

My least-favorite protagonist, on the other hand, would definitely be Lucas. I hated his whole design. Diamond is the only game I've ever played through with the female character; I just couldn't get myself to like Lucas.

60 October 30th, 2012 12:40 PM

Rosa and Brendan. Not sure why. I hate May now after being her a billion times, so that's probably why I like Brendan.

Wateria October 30th, 2012 12:55 PM

Who is Kris may I ask ?

my favourite is Leaf because I find her really cute looking.

Castform October 30th, 2012 1:05 PM

Originally Posted by Wateria (Post 7391261)
Who is Kris may I ask ?

my favourite is Leaf because I find her really cute looking.

Kris is the protagonist of Crystal.

chella182 October 30th, 2012 2:31 PM

It's a close call between Red and Ethan, but I think Ethan pinches it. I loved his character in the Pokémon Adventures manga, and I just think he looks the coolest.

Blue October 30th, 2012 2:41 PM

Rosa; she's easily the cutest and I've grown fond of her since B2W2.

Rivvon October 30th, 2012 4:10 PM

Rosa! She's adorable; I've never looked forward to choosing my gender as much as I did in Black 2 xD Hilda is a close second.

Sverige October 30th, 2012 4:44 PM

Whenever I see Hilda I think of the character from Ugly Betty.

trapincher November 1st, 2012 8:12 PM

Brendan. I enjoyed his character design.

Nate has really grown on me after playing BW2 and Rosa is extremely cute.
Honestly through, I love all of em.

BAFielder November 2nd, 2012 2:13 AM

Obviously. :t006:

Syltti November 2nd, 2012 6:33 AM

I love Platinum Dawn's clothes, but it's a toss up against Hilda and Rosa. Hilda has style and that epic ponytail. Rosa has that cute sports-style gear going and.. DAT HAIR!

Trainer Matt November 2nd, 2012 2:51 PM

Ethan all the way! Every character brings something awesome to the table, but everyone'll have their favourites for one reason or another.

LightningAlex November 2nd, 2012 3:13 PM

Red, 50% because of nostalgia, 50% because he looks awesome :D

Nearsighted king of Ice November 3rd, 2012 5:44 AM

Originally Posted by PlatinumDude (Post 7391197)
I like Hilbert; he reminds me of Jaden Yuki from Yu-Gi-Oh GX.

Dude, Mind=Blown.

Anyway my favorite protagonist has got to be Red, he's the first protagonist ever in the Pokemon franchise.
But I really wish Kris had appeared in Pokemon HG/SS so she'll have a redesign sprite.

True Honey November 3rd, 2012 7:00 AM

I have to choose Dawn, because I found Dawn to be an absolute delight when I played through Diamond and Platinum. I always enjoyed battling with her as well as her random pop ups in game.

RoreyG November 3rd, 2012 7:41 AM

Red; the first, the best and (after Professor Oak) the recognized leader of the Pokedex holders.

Emrald November 3rd, 2012 9:02 AM

Hey my real name is Ethan! :D

Anyway, it was close call for me between Ethan, Dawn, and Red. But Dawn eventually won.

Chandera November 3rd, 2012 9:13 AM

Rosa. I don't know why... She attracted me. In all my games I was male but in White 2 (for no obvious reason) I chose Rosa.

Zero Percent November 3rd, 2012 9:19 AM

Brendan, just because I love Generation 3.

Nes-One November 4th, 2012 7:10 PM

I think my favorite protagonist is a close call between Red, Gold/Ethan, and Hilbert. Cause when I was younger and I saw Red's sprite in the starting screen in pokemon blue I thought he just awesome and he's the first protagonist to start it all. Well I always thought Gold was pretty cool with no real specific reason at all. And Hilbert who is my second favorite next to Red, cause he has long hair and is wearing a hat which is pretty much how I roll too since I have long hair and I like wearing hats, so when I played black for the first time it feel pretty cool to play as a character that reminded me of myself in some ways.

Ludger November 4th, 2012 7:13 PM

Rosa is the best. She dresses similar to me and I'm so happy there's finally an adorable female protagonist. I don't think I'll ever play B2W2 as a male, which is odd for me, cause I'm usually a male in other games haha.