The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Advance Generation (
-   -   RubySapphireEmerald Who became your most reliable HM slave?! (Besides Mew and other legendaries) (

punyeta November 18th, 2012 6:31 AM

Who became your most reliable HM slave?! (Besides Mew and other legendaries)
^, Mine's Marill since i taught her all water HM's and Rock Smash. She can also learn a bunch of other HM's except for fly i think Tell me yours guys!! :))

Heracles4 November 18th, 2012 9:49 AM

ZigZagoon I'm pretty sure

Treecko November 18th, 2012 11:08 AM

In the RSE, it would be Zigzagoon or Linoone since they can learn Cut , Surf and Rock Smash (Linoone can also learn Strength)

Katamari November 18th, 2012 11:11 AM

As much as I love Linoone, they make awesome HM slaves because their ability is great for toting them around the region, too.

Tropius makes a really good one too, it can learn Cut, Fly, Strength, Flash, and Rock Smash.

vaporeon7 November 18th, 2012 12:22 PM

From personal experience, some really good HM slaves are Tropius, Linoone, Azumarill, Pelipper, Golduck and Skarmory. You can cover all of the HMs by using a combo of two of them.

Talli November 18th, 2012 12:41 PM

I think my most useful HM slave was Zigzagoon and Linoone.

Fuyuki~ November 18th, 2012 12:44 PM

Tropius is by far the best HM Slave out of all the Pokemon for land HMs, let alone 3rd Gen. Wailord is the best for Water HMs.

Correspondence November 18th, 2012 8:11 PM

Linoone and Wailord was what i mostly used.

Seraphimon-sama November 19th, 2012 10:53 PM

Slavinator was always my HM Slave with the exact moveset of Cut, Rock Smash, Strength and Surf.

Jubilation November 20th, 2012 12:09 AM

I think I just incorporated HM's into my team, by giving each pokemon one HM so I could have a full team of six pokemon.

Don Bastio November 20th, 2012 4:34 AM

in FR i would have meowth and i would teach it a couple HMs and use its ability to randomly find items so i wouldn't have to use item finder constantly to get berries. i also would use pay day combined with amulet coin to get money also. its pretty versatile for non-battle related stuff.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~ November 21st, 2012 9:19 AM

For me I would use Gyarados as my primary water HM slave giving Gyarados the moves Surf, Waterfall, Dive and Strength. I was never found of Gyarados to begin with. As for my primary land HM slave I would use Linoone because it learned Cut, Strength, Rock Smash and I gave it Surf as well....I was also never too found of Linoone as well.

Ludger November 21st, 2012 1:52 PM

I love Linoone, but it's also a great HM slave and it picks up stuff. Sorry, buddy. :(

SilverAbsol November 21st, 2012 1:58 PM

Strangely enough I made my Ludicolo into a HM slave. Which is odd because she became my favourite Pokemon for a long time and my champion Beauty contest winner.

Brendino November 21st, 2012 10:29 PM

My main HM slave in Sapphire was always Tropius. It would generally have Cut, Flash, Fly and Rock Smash. Funny enough, I remember my other HM slave from my original run on Sapphire was Kyogre. I was already at the point where I didn't want to use Legendaries on my team, but I justified it as being okay to use since it could learn the other four HMs. Looking back, I feel awful for making a legendary one of my HM slaves.

Feebas November 22nd, 2012 4:10 PM

Mine is Azumarill, I use it for Surf, Rock Smash, and Strength.

LightningAlex November 23rd, 2012 2:29 AM

Definitely Wailmer, I use it every time as a HM slave. It can learn Surf, Waterfall, Strength & Rock Smash.

BLOOOD-La-ti- November 23rd, 2012 5:53 PM

Hariyama was.

It learned Surf,Rock smash,and Strength.

It's not really an hm slave,I still train it.

Zapperz November 23rd, 2012 6:03 PM

I used Pelipper alot as HM slave for surf/fly. saves my party slots
also use gyrados for strength rocksmash waterfall

Mr. Magius November 24th, 2012 11:40 PM

I think it started off as Zigzagoon, then ended up being Tropius... it's been yeaaarss.

Sassy Milkshake November 25th, 2012 5:32 PM

I was amazed when Zigzagoon learned Surf so I kept that little guy in my party forever haha.

39SMOOTH December 24th, 2012 12:16 AM

Linoone/Tropius, sometimes I'd just let my party of six learn a HM or two each, or sometimes Gyarados/Linoone.

Most times I'd just let my Swampert learn Surf (still one of my favourite moves) and my Swellow learn Fly. Then the rest would just be divided amongst the HM slaves.

But Tropius is a really good HM slave, man. I had no idea until my third re-run of Ruby.

Sarah Morgan December 24th, 2012 12:31 AM

My Primary slave is Azumarril, I always manage to catch one early on/

Seki December 24th, 2012 1:02 AM

My slave for this game is Linoone, and I don't really play RSE.

PokemonMasters December 28th, 2012 3:31 PM

Linoone. Ecen though it looks cute, you gotta admit that it has a pretty suck-ish movepool. I used it for Surf, Strength, Cut and Flash . o.o