The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Fourth Generation (
-   -   HeartGoldSoulSilver Did you use the Sudowoodo on route 36? (

curiousnathan December 5th, 2012 3:20 AM

Did you use the Sudowoodo on route 36?
Did you catch and use the stubborn Sudowoodo blocking your way on route 36? Assuming you caught it, did you let it rot in the PC or did it find a perfect place in your party? Why?

Again, same as the Red Gyarados, I left it to rot in the PC. I only really caught it because I felt it was somewhat special having a part in the storyline, even if it was just an ordinary sudowoodo. :P

What about YOU?

Hikamaru December 5th, 2012 3:48 AM

Nope, when I caught her I just left her in the PC, never to see the day of light again.

Pinta77 December 5th, 2012 6:47 AM

I always liked Sudowoodo. Unfortunately, I never used it on Heart Gold or Soul Silver. It just sat in the box =/

Sassy Milkshake December 5th, 2012 12:24 PM

I don't think I even caught the Sudowoodo on my last playthrough of Heart Gold. I never really liked any of its moves that it learned, never seemed like a good Pokemon to me.

Burst December 5th, 2012 12:33 PM

Both are rotting in my PC. Watching Pokemon when I was little made me hate sudowoodo lol. And I have just too many water Pokemon I love more to use a gyrados just because it's red xP

Junior1205 December 5th, 2012 12:47 PM

After catching it, I tried to train it, but then I didn't see it could be useful to me. So I let it rot in the PC..

The Grubby Pup December 5th, 2012 2:44 PM

if you're talking HGSS, then no...I never used that Sudowoodo. It's not because I thought it was useless or anything, I just don't any room for it in mah party. I've usually already have mah whole party panned out at that part of the game.

Cid December 5th, 2012 3:07 PM

Heck yeah I did! It was a Rock-type! You know how useful that STAB is in-game, especially early on. Plus the Geodude I've been using was a disappointment in the making because I knew I was never gonna get a Golem from it. :( And I already had a Nidoking (actually, I was still a Nidorino then but yeah) so I don't need two Ground-types. :3

Besides it had really superb Attack and Defense for some reason, and even though it was a pain to grind up to levels that can take Red through the Elite Four, I still stuck with it. It's actually something I included in my party on a whim; I originally wanted a Tauros in, but when I caught one and saw how ugly its overworld sprite is (and how awesome Sudowoodo's is by comparison), I just switched with the Sudowoodo right away. Rock Slide + Wood Hammer was pretty valuable late in the game, too, since I didn't have Grass-types in my party.

Mononoke Hime December 5th, 2012 3:23 PM

Everytime I battle sudowoodo I just make it faint so I can proceed the game. Actually, I never liked this pokemon.

Brendino December 5th, 2012 3:36 PM

I caught the Sudowoodo since I didn't want it to reappear down the road, but I just left it in my box the entire game. I think the only time that I ever used Sudowoodo was back on Emerald, and even then it was only for a brief period.

Rainbow Arcanine December 5th, 2012 8:34 PM

Nah D:. Sudowoodo is an adorable Pokemon and I love its design, but really in my opinion I didn't find it a suitable battler. Rock-types were never a type that I had an extreme fondness for, since they're slow and weak to many types :/. Besides, my party at that point was already filled with Pokemon I'd grown attached to in such the short time I had been adventuring around the region :D. So it was hard if I had to let one of them go back to the wild or rot silently in my PC.

So Sudowoodo just ended up there. Sadly dying in the PC, never to see daylight again D:.

Squidchan December 5th, 2012 9:07 PM

When I caught Sudowoodo I definitely used it in my team because I used it in my first ever have of Pokemon (Silver) and I used it for the nostalgia effect it gave. I've only just started building my teams properly, so at the time it didn't really fit my team and it didn't work out too well, but I persevered.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna December 5th, 2012 9:25 PM

Had it on team in Original, in HG never used it except maybe for HM's Rock Smash and Strength. :(

Synerjee December 5th, 2012 11:03 PM

I did use it once during my very first time playing the Gold version as I found Pokemon that can be seen out of their Pokeballs during gameplay to be special, but never again after that. I don't really use rock-type Pokemon on my teams, and since Sudowoodo is a rock-type, it didn't quite fit in. The only use this Pokemon had for me was filling up my Pokedex. Of course I caught it, but you know where all unused Pokemon go~

Sarah Morgan December 5th, 2012 11:09 PM

I do believe I caught him, but let him rot in the pc.

Forever December 5th, 2012 11:20 PM

I didn't use it at all. As a child I did in GSC, but I learnt since then that it was quite useless and just left it in the box to enjoy its box-friends.

Triston1zn December 6th, 2012 6:53 AM

I did use it on my first ever playthrough of HG....mainly because it was on a similar level to all my other pokemon and I only had 5 pokemon when i encountered didn't last long however...but it did serve me well :-)

JayD December 6th, 2012 7:10 AM

When I caught him, I used him for a bit. Then after I just left him in my PC box.

Talli December 6th, 2012 7:33 AM

I jusr put him in the breeding center to get a shiny one.

Heracles4 December 6th, 2012 12:19 PM

I definitely used it. It is very helpful for Morty and Jasmine.

Rock slide just slid those ghosts away

PlatinumDude December 6th, 2012 1:11 PM

Once I caught the Sudowoodo, I boxed it permanently. I only took it out so that I could use it in the Pokéathlon.

PokemonGiratinaX December 6th, 2012 2:40 PM

Yes. I used it as a HM slave and decoy while I revive and heal other Pokemon.

Sableye~ December 7th, 2012 3:46 PM

Hmm probably a few times. I probably boxed it just so I wouldn't have to deal with how many experience points are needed to level it. :T

Though honestly I think he might be on Diamond version somewhere in my PC because I sent it over before I reset SoulSilver version. n_n"

Katamari December 7th, 2012 3:49 PM

I always catch the Sudowoodo for the Dex data, but I never use it! Same goes for the Shuckle that the guy gives you in Cianwood.

FrostPheonix December 8th, 2012 1:24 AM

Yes, but no, but... blegh. Actually, I tried using it, but I miserably failed. It didn't work with my taste, it kept dying and eventually I got fed up and boxed it. Now if I ever pass it I either finish it off or just box it, I never liked sudowoodo that much to begin with.