The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon Polls (
-   -   What is your favorite type and why? (

27thColt December 8th, 2012 4:14 AM

What is your favorite type and why?
My favorite type is water.I also think it is the best.
Why?Many reasons why.
-My first pokemon was Empoleon in Pokemon Pearl
-few weaknesses and can cover most of those weaknesses
-Very strong in defensive stats and useful offensively
-stats are spread out evenly
-Few types resist this
-Water is the most common type in all pokemon

Treecko December 8th, 2012 4:34 AM

Dark cause alot of them are my favorite: Umbreon, Absol, Scrafty, Krookodile, Darkrai, Mightyena, Stuktank, Hydreigon ,Tyranittar ,Zorua/Zoroark. Alot of cool and powerful Pokemon and good set of moves with secondary effects such as Crunch, Bite and Faint Attack. It's probably why I'm the owner of the Dark-type club of PC.

Second favorite is probably Grass cause my favorite Pokemon, Treecko is a Grass type.

Detective Prince December 8th, 2012 7:09 AM

Fire probably. A lot of my favourite Pokemon are fire types (Arcanine, Rapidash, Cyndaquil) so are a lot of my favourite moves. :) So I guess there's no real other reason than that.

Gym Leader Whitney December 8th, 2012 11:54 AM

Normal Types all the way, because they are the cutest cuddly pretty and can be very strong.
Examples include, my Miltank, Snorlax, Furret, Porygon Z, Blissey, Eevee, and the normal type legendary Meloetta which is simply adorable :3

Gym Leader Whitney~

TaichiWind December 8th, 2012 12:08 PM

Yeah, there's... Electric... Steel... Poison... Fire... There's a lot of types I like.

But if I had to choose a favorite type, it has to be Electric. It has the crippling Thunder Wave, moves like Thunderbolt and Zap Cannon. The Pokémon of it tend to have hight Speed and decent Special Attack and most have cool designs.

I said MOST.

Lanayru December 8th, 2012 6:34 PM

I used to be a big fan of water-type pokémon. Vaporeon was my all-time favourite. That's changed to normal-type, because as Gym Leader Whitney said, "they're cute, cuddly, pretty and can be very strong".

My top favourite is now Eevee, because of all it's eeveelutions.

Sassy Milkshake December 8th, 2012 8:27 PM

Grass is the best type. Lots of typing combos, even though a lot of them are poison. ;P And Tropius is my favorite Pokemon, so that works out well.

pikakitten December 8th, 2012 11:28 PM

Pikachu Line, Emolga, Pachurisu, Plusle Minun, all those little rodent pokemon!
And awesome ones such as Raikou, Zapdos, Thunderus, etc.
Pikakitten, Fire/Electric Type.

Apollo December 9th, 2012 12:48 AM

Psychic, definitely. Their powers seem to amaze me so much, and they're so mysterious. Electric would have to be second.

TheCollector December 9th, 2012 2:07 AM

+ Only one weakness, immune to Ghost but at the same time can't hit Ghost with STAB unless you can counter-moves for that.
+ Varied movepool, most Normal types can learn moves of different types.
+ Allround stat-wise.
+ Wide variety of Normal Pokémon to choose from.

Normal type is more or less a "default" type, you'll probably have one, but it doesn't stick out all that much. Normal type Pokémons are workman-like and do the job without shining (pun intended) all too much.

Honeyman December 9th, 2012 2:35 AM

I see... No love for Bug types...

I guess I'll just be sitting in the corner talking to my Pinsir and Shuckle...

FiyahKitteh December 9th, 2012 6:24 AM

Well, clearly I like Water---naw, just kidding. It's FIYAH! =D

Why? Because Fire is my element. And honestly, I just feel closest to that.
IMO there are way too little cool FIYAH Pokémon though. >.<

Praisedscooter December 9th, 2012 6:25 AM

I'm a fan of Steel types and Water Types. Oddly enough though, I do not like Empoleon

Katamari December 9th, 2012 9:22 AM

Definitely Normal-type Pokemon. Ice, Water, and Grass closely follow that but I love the versatility with Normal-types.

One of my absolute favorite Pokemon is Minccino, closely followed by Cinccino.

Madic0 December 9th, 2012 11:06 AM

I recently developed a soft spot for Steel types. That 11-type resist wrinkles my brain.

PlatinumDude December 10th, 2012 11:20 AM

I like Water because Mudkip was the first starter I picked ever, and Water also has good neutral coverage in battle.

Sarah Morgan December 10th, 2012 11:22 AM

Dragon Types are my undisputed fave, They are tough to train but happen to be VERY clutch Pokemon. The only dragon Pokemon I don't like is Garchomp.

SoulSilver10112 December 10th, 2012 1:53 PM

Fire types for me. I've always had a fondness towards them since I started watching Pokemon as a toddler

Turboblaze December 10th, 2012 2:04 PM

It's close between fire and electric with me but I think fire has a slight edge. Fire type Pokemon tend to be some of the strongest and also usually specialize in my favorite stat which is special attack.

SilvertheX December 13th, 2012 4:52 AM

Hmm I seem to be weak against any kind of fighting type so I guess I am a dark user.

My favourite pokemons are mostly dark-types but I seem to like them the most
Groundtypes are a close second. I cant remember if there is a ground/dark-TYPE though (besides that awful Scorpion thing )

ahmet476 December 18th, 2012 12:27 PM

Fire type. Because it beats many other types and fire type pokemon are usually much cooler in design than others. They also tend to get higher special attack than other elemental trio types.

FlameNinja December 18th, 2012 7:20 PM

Mine would have to be Dragon types^^
1) Love Dragons in general
2) their attacks are powerful and awesome
3) The first pokemon I thought was just so awesome was Charizard, I know not a dragon type but looks like one and then I learned about real dragon types as generations passed and I just love all of them

Karma December 18th, 2012 7:29 PM

Though Dragon and Psychic are close to my heart, I have to say that Fire type Pokémon will hold the reigns of my favorite. The mains reasons are that a lot of Pokémon I love and have used throughout the games are within this category, and there are some pretty awesome fire type moves available like Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire in combination with Sunny Day. They do have their difficulties and sometimes I can't stand them for it, but I love them nonetheless.

enohp December 19th, 2012 7:52 AM

I'd say my favorite is fire. I seem to like the art style of the fire monsters. I guess I have always related fire with power. Every time I start a new pokemon game I always pick the fire starter.

pokepikamon December 27th, 2012 7:24 PM

Fire, because charmender ftw! ahahah