The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon Polls (
-   -   Favorite Shiny Pokémon [v2.0] (

Cid December 16th, 2012 8:40 AM

Favorite Shiny Pokémon [v2.0]
Basically a remake of this thread. I didn't get to vote in that one though, so I'm making a new one! Besides, even if I did get to vote then I probably would have answered with a different 'mon, since I only saw this new shiny that I really like, just now. Anyway!

What are some of your favorite shiny Pokémon? Why do you like them in particular?
Mine would be Drifblim so many times over! I battled one in PS and I just fell in love with it. It looks like a lemon with a fluffy cloud on top, good enough to eat almost! However it's just too cute that I can't.

Ultraviolence December 16th, 2012 9:47 AM

Favorite Shiny Pokémon [v2.0]
My favourite shiny Pokémon would be...
The colours are gorgeous.

Sassy Milkshake December 16th, 2012 10:23 AM
Simply mesmorizing.
I always thought this one was cool, I don't know why haha. Kinda reminds me of lemonade for some reason.

Brendino December 16th, 2012 11:06 PM

I don't think that I have one favorite Shiny Pokemon, but I did have a few that I thought of right away.

I love when the color scheme is very different compared to its normal form, which is why I like a lot of these (unlike something like Zapdos, which is one shade darker).

Hikamaru December 16th, 2012 11:22 PM

I have lots of favorite shiny Pokemon colors, but these ones are worthy mentions:

I just love the color coordination used in these shiny sprites, I especially love Chandelure, Samurott and Giratina's shiny colors.

Honeyman December 16th, 2012 11:42 PM

Garchomp is definitely my favourite. The shiny form differs so much from its original design, and is probably better looking too.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~ December 17th, 2012 12:16 PM

Any Pokemon that's color is totally noticable from its original color is my favorite. So Pokemon like Nidoking, Chandelure, Giratina, Spiritomb (which is my favorite shiny of all time) and Voltorb are my favorites. I think that all shiny Pokemon should be a completely different color from the original....unlike stupid Garchomp or Reshiram

pikakitten January 1st, 2013 8:22 AM

Most likely...
I think Jirachi is cute, and red looks good on it, along with any other color I think xD

Schwan January 2nd, 2013 6:04 AM

Crobat and Umbreon. The pink makes it look awesome, and those baby blue rings on Umbreon...oh my. <3

Talli January 2nd, 2013 7:17 AM

You can probably guess my favourite shiny pokemon pretty quickly.
I'll tell you favourite shiny pokemon is Pachirisu and Slugma.

Pachirisu- an pink shiny Squirrel suits it better that normal colours.
Slugma- It's sliver my favourite Gen 2 game as well.

Starry Windy January 2nd, 2013 7:47 AM

I have four...
Pichu. Colored look like a Pikachu!
Umbreon. The blue stripes are beautiful!
Metagross. It's painted with Silver and Gold!
Glaceon. Now that's pretty combination of White and Blue!

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE January 2nd, 2013 6:20 PM

My top 5 would probably be Minun and Azurill for the green tinge their shinies have; Gorebyss cause purple and orange is one of my fave colour combos; Skuntank for the fuschia colour and finally... Venomoth for its powder blue colour, it's almost like a whole separate pokémon rather than just a colour variant :)

vaporeon7 January 6th, 2013 10:58 PM

My favourite shiny Pokémon is Beedrill. I think blue and green look really cool together. I was overjoyed when I found a shiny Weedle in my SoulSilver.

SkullKing January 19th, 2013 11:37 PM

Mine would be
The blue looks great with the black

dragonfly_dust January 20th, 2013 12:08 AM

Hmmm...I think the fairest way to do this for me is to pick three from each generation.

1st generation:
2nd generation:
3rd generation:
4th generation:
5th generation:

Boilurn January 25th, 2013 9:15 PM

I love Shinys, and I feel disappointed that I still haven't seen one yet.

Anyway, here are some of my favorites (In no particular order).

Tackle January 25th, 2013 10:18 PM

Mine are Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip, they looks so cute in Shiny. =)
Oh, Azumarill and Cresselia too! xD

Eeveelution Co-ordinator January 27th, 2013 1:44 AM

Originally Posted by dragonfly_dust (Post 7501376)
Hmmm...I think the fairest way to do this for me is to pick three from each generation.

I think I'll do that as well:

Gen I:

Gen II:

Gen III:

Gen IV:

Gen V:

Laylaw February 15th, 2013 4:38 PM

I once encountered one, and ever since that time, I thought it was the coolest Shiny Pokémon.
Just look at it! It looks like wandering melted silver!

Caelus February 16th, 2013 12:06 PM

My favorite shiny pokemon are Metagross and Gyarados. I prefer most pokemons' regular color scheme over their shiny variant, but these two are exceptions.

Sableye~ February 17th, 2013 2:51 PM

Voltorb and Electrode, Ponyta, Slugma, Gastly, Psyduck, Venonat, Ninetales, Treecko, Mudkip,...

I'm going to stop there because it would take too long (and take up too much room) to post them all. c:

Bounce February 17th, 2013 5:20 PM

Haha, shiny Mew is awesome. :D

Hikamaru February 17th, 2013 8:47 PM

Most of my fave Shinies are from 5th Gen, probably cos of the more interesting color combinations on them.

Here's my top 3 Shinies (yeah, 5th Gen bias):

Emboar just looks so cool with the blue flames, and Chandelure and Lilligant had nice Shiny colors too.

Serperior also looks nice when shiny, those two shades of green go so well together.

Scolipede looks so bright in shiny colors, that red and blue are clashy but they stand out.

As for entire evolution lines, Deino's line definitely has good colors. That green and purple make it look pretty scary yet cool at the same time.

For Legendaries, I was always a fan of Cresselia's Shiny colors. The blue looks nice on the purple. I actually liked Shiny Cresselia better than their normal colors.