The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon Gaming Central (
-   -   First Pokemon of the year (

WingedDragon December 31st, 2012 10:38 AM

First Pokemon of the year
What is your first pokemon that you hatching or catching for the New Year. Or what which is the first for those of you who are in the first of the new year already

Arlo December 31st, 2012 11:16 AM

I haven't gotten that far yet. The first task for the new year, just because it's a new month and thus a new season, is to make sure that I've got Deerling in my party in each of my games so they'll change forms and I can show them to the scientists.

Beyond that - in my White, I'm in White Forest hunting for a couple of Ralts - one male and one female, either to build into a Gallade and a Gardevoir or to breed for others to build into a Gallade and a Gardevoir. I spun circles for about an hour this morning, but didn't find one, so if I don't find one before the day's out, they'll be the first for the new year. In Black, I'm at the entrance to Chargestone Cave, but I'm not sure when I'll get back to that. It probably won't be for at least a day or two though, so whatever I catch first in there will be the first for the new year. Probably a Joltik, though hopefully a Tynamo.

Volcanix769 December 31st, 2012 11:18 AM

I'm currently getting a Hippopatos for my Sandstorm team. And hatching a Shroomish.

Arlo January 1st, 2013 2:30 PM

As it turned out (since I managed to catch a breeding pair of Ralts yesterday) the first pokemon of the New Year was a level 21 Jolly Steadfast Tyrogue from a swarm on Route 10, which I think I'll evolve into a Hitmonlee. I hung around long enough to catch a few other Tyrogues, but none that stood out as much as that one.

PokéZoom January 1st, 2013 2:41 PM

I just hatched a shiny Sandile! :D
2nd Pokémon of the year, but oh well. First was a normal Sandile.

Perico January 1st, 2013 3:00 PM

I have to say that the first Pokemon I caught (at 10 AM) it was a Deoxys from Birth Island in Emerald. Yes, it is not something usual, but I was recording some videos for my channel on Youtube, and I started with how to get Birth Island and catch Deoxys.

Hatching? Hmm, I haven't and I'm not planning to hatch any right now.

Brendino January 1st, 2013 6:07 PM

I'm not much of a breeder, so I don't plan on hatching any eggs, but I'm thinking that the first Pokemon that I'll end up catching this year is Aron. I loved using it (and it's evolutions) back on Sapphire, and I didn't find out until just the other day that you can find them in Mistralton Cave.

WingedDragon January 1st, 2013 8:02 PM

Hatched a Gible. :) I was breeding multiple Gibles tho lol

Also got N's Purrloin

Sassy Milkshake January 1st, 2013 8:18 PM

Caught a Drifblim exploring post-game Unova. It's weird seeing all these old Pokemon after seeing none of them for the entire game.

rageahollic33 January 1st, 2013 8:25 PM

my first pokemon I caught for 2013 was a ghastly in crystal version and hatched togepi lol