The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Advance Generation (
-   -   Favorite TM/HM? (

Nick January 2nd, 2013 6:16 PM

Favorite TM/HM?
So, what was your favorite TM (and/or HM) from Generation III?

As for TMs, my favorite would be TM02 Dragon Claw. Boy did I clone the crap out of that one in Emerald... XD

I'd say my favorite HM would be Surf. 95 power, 15 PP, AND reusable? Yeah.

Satoshi Ookami January 3rd, 2013 12:22 AM

EQ all the way. 100 power with 100acc, perfect.
From HMs, Surf is the best. It's pretty similar to EQ.

Brendino January 3rd, 2013 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Ash493 (Post 7468286)
EQ all the way. 100 power with 100acc, perfect.
From HMs, Surf is the best. It's pretty similar to EQ.

Back when I was playing through the games, these two would probably have been my answers as well (although Return seemed to work really well for my Sceptile). And not only was it my favorite HM, but I'd have to say that Surf is my favorite Water-type move of all time.

Mr155555 January 3rd, 2013 12:55 AM

The original lovable tms

flamethrower thunderbolt ice beam and surf

i mean who doesn't love these moves

Hikamaru January 3rd, 2013 1:31 AM

Surf definitely, I always equip it on my Water-types because it's reliable and helps you travel on water!

jmapple10 January 3rd, 2013 2:13 AM

earthquake is just sick, nuff said

vaporeon7 January 3rd, 2013 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by pessimisticlyricist (Post 7468880)
False swipe to catch kyogre.

False Swipe wasn't a TM in Gen III...

Mine would have to be the usual Surf and Earthquake. Because of their power.

Skylands January 3rd, 2013 4:47 PM

HM Dive! It's a shame that Dive has so much more potential in terms of using it outside of battle though. I don't have a favourite TM.

pikakitten January 3rd, 2013 9:30 PM

I like Earthquake because it's so strong and Surf because just like the rest of the Earth, Hoenn is 80% water xD

Ludger January 7th, 2013 6:45 PM

My favorite is Flamethrower, especially since you can get it however many times you want in RSE. :) It's also my favorite move anyway, so yeah!

As for TMs that were introduced in gen III, I'll go with Dragon Claw. Awesome move, and I always seem to use it and never have one to send over to my storage game, lol. I need mooore.

Urugamosu January 7th, 2013 9:51 PM

Overheat, I don't know why, but back in '04, I just loved how the screen turned red, and I had a little chuckle over it.

Seppy January 9th, 2013 3:28 PM

HM Surf & Strenght: powerful, useful, reusable and even nice animations.

Gzomyndzor January 20th, 2013 3:11 AM

Toxic; hits regularly, takes down those pesky double team obsessed pokes.

Seki January 20th, 2013 4:06 AM

Aerial Ace, cos everybody likes a 100% hitting chance right?

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE January 21st, 2013 9:24 AM

TM 22 Solarbeam just cause it's one of my fave moves :D

I also like Toxic, Aerial Ace, Psychic and Earthquake, the latter of which because it meant I could evolve my Rhydon earlier and teach it to it instead of waiting to learn it lol :)

Hon. mention to Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Giga Drain and Dig :)

HM-wise I quite like Waterfall, I think it's pretty :) Also liked the introduction of Dive, that was pretty neat outside of battle.

Schwan January 22nd, 2013 9:38 AM

Overheat was always a must on whoever could use it for me, I'd use it on someone like Manectric and he was a boss.

BENSJAM February 19th, 2013 8:02 AM

My Favorite move has to be razor leaf, i know its not the most powerful but i defiantly used it a hell of alot