The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon Gaming Central (
-   -   Favorite non-damaging, non-healing move (

Moltres Rider January 3rd, 2013 1:57 PM

Favorite non-damaging, non-healing move
this could range from weather moves to status effecting or stat raising/lowering only moves... any move that doesn't do damage or heal damage or status ailments. what is your favorite of those type of moves...

mine is "Attract"...

vapes January 3rd, 2013 2:01 PM

Protect. Combine that with toxic and a bunch of defense boosts.

Why I love vaporeon so much

bwburke94 January 3rd, 2013 2:04 PM

Tail Glow. It's a pity almost nothing learns it.

Ludger January 3rd, 2013 3:49 PM

I agree with Tail Glow, more Pokemon should learn it. Anyway, I don't think I have an absolute favorite one of these moves. I do really like Calm Mind, Quiver Dance, and Attract though. idk if Attract counts since attraction could be seen as a status ailment, but oh well!

lineofdeath January 3rd, 2013 3:51 PM

Toxix ftw everybody toxic is the bwst

Brendino January 5th, 2013 10:27 PM

Toxic would probably have to be my favorite non-attack/healing move. The fact that it is one of the best status inflicting moves and can be used by virtually every Pokemon makes it a truly versatile move.

PlatinumDude January 6th, 2013 9:33 AM

Quiver Dance and Shell Smash. They're pretty much the ultimate setup moves, IMO.

Arma January 6th, 2013 9:47 AM

Spore, because it's just overpowered in my opinion. though this is countered by the fact that only very few Pokemon are able to learn it. (Man am I glad one of my favorites learns it. XD)

Swords Dance, I like most stat increasing moves, but Swords Dance is the one I've used the most. (Not to mention Zangoose learns it at a ridiculously low level.)

King_21 January 6th, 2013 11:07 AM

Protect because it annoys the opponent

pikakitten January 6th, 2013 11:18 AM

But the more successful it is the less protect works and then BAM! You're dead xD
Mine is Swords Dance, since it super boosts! IMO xD

dontstay96 January 12th, 2013 10:15 PM

swords dance or toxic I really love them both

Puppeteer Mask January 15th, 2013 4:41 AM

I would have to say that Quiver Dance is one of my favourite moves. My Lilligant learned it right before Clay's gym on my White version.

...many lives were lost in that mine that day...

Boilurn January 15th, 2013 11:16 AM

Swagger. It has such a wide distribution, and I enjoy confusing opponents, :P and its the only way of crippling physical Fire types like Darmanitan and Flareon who are immune to burns.

Cassino January 15th, 2013 12:38 PM

Mirror Move. Hopefully at some point there will be a Fighting bird that can use it.

Poke Fox January 15th, 2013 1:49 PM

I really love using Swords Dance and Work Up
(Work Up raises attack and special attack of the Pokemon, I love using with my Patrat, right before using Retaliate)

Castform January 15th, 2013 2:30 PM

Shell Smash FTW!
Yeah, Cloyster + Shell smash owns.

Atomic Pirate January 15th, 2013 3:39 PM

Toxic. On Snorlax. That combination alone creates a near-invincible tank.

Ravenfreak January 15th, 2013 5:10 PM

Mine would have to be Toxic or Leech Seed, I love that combo together. <3

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher January 15th, 2013 5:23 PM

Double Team, Toxic, Baton Pass

Frostweaver January 15th, 2013 5:44 PM

And no one said Stealth Rock yet... o_o; it's probably the most game-changing move since they made it in Diamond/Pearl.

Sweets Witch January 15th, 2013 6:04 PM

I've always been a fan of Bulk Up. Oddly enough, I rarely used it in RSE.

Synerjee January 15th, 2013 11:07 PM

I like Toxic and Calm Mind. Toxic is what it is: a slow and deadly killer. Calm Mind works wonders with Psychic-types. I appreciate both the special attack and special defense boosts. It helps a lot in battles. Oh, and Quiver Dance. No one can deny that.

Blue January 18th, 2013 2:40 PM

Swagger, Toxic & Double Team.

Swagger because it can be a pain both ways, Toxic because it's so easy to Poison the opponent and comes in handy when competitive battling and Double Team because once you've stacked it up it's difficult to be hit.

Miss Anne Thrope January 18th, 2013 3:24 PM

Quiver Dance. My Lilligant was so cute using Quiver Dance.

Seki January 18th, 2013 7:23 PM

Toxic, cos that poison will get so worst and worst every turn.