The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon General (
-   -   Who is the Favorite and the best Protagonist? (

Pokemon Trainer Ethan January 8th, 2013 12:20 AM

Who is the Favorite and the best Protagonist?
I know some someone already posted a thread about this... But who is the best protagonist? I'm my opinion is Ethan Won 16 gym badges,met 9 legendaries,he beat red in a pokemon battle,stopped a whole team of team rocket(like red) But who are your favorite Protagonist? These are mine in my opinion

Vehks January 8th, 2013 1:07 AM

Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Ethan (Post 7477111)
I know some someone already posted a thread about this... But who is the best protagonist? I'm my opinion is Ethan Won 16 gym badges,met 9 legendaries,he beat red in a pokemon battle,stopped a whole team of team rocket(like red) But who are your favorite Protagonist? These are mine in my opinion

Who cares about those generic anime kids? the best trainer is obviously Youngster Joey.

They say his Rattata is in the top percentage of all Rattatas. He knows the secret to being the very best Pokémon trainer. Shorts. They are comfortable and easy to wear, thus increasing your focus in battle.

The kid is a prodigy.

Sassy Milkshake January 8th, 2013 4:22 PM

I hardly consider Blue a protagonist, or Youngster Joey for that matter.

But I'd say Red. There's a reason he's standing on top of a mountain waiting for people to challenge him.

rageahollic33 January 8th, 2013 5:29 PM

Red and Gold are the best for me.

Snowdrop January 8th, 2013 5:40 PM

From the ones you can choose to play the games from? Lyre (or Lyra, whatever) because puffy hats are the key to becoming Pokemon champion!

jgalvan100 January 8th, 2013 6:33 PM

Brendan and his white beanie.

pikakitten January 10th, 2013 8:39 PM

The new XY character
Lucas (I think was his name? xD)

The new XY character

Hikamaru January 11th, 2013 11:52 PM

My fave protagonist ever would have to be Rosa from Black 2 & White 2.

She's super cute, and I love her hair cos it reminds me of Sailor Moon.

And I love her sneakers, and her cute shorts-skirt thing, and her clothing's color scheme in general.

curiousnathan January 12th, 2013 12:13 AM

I quite like Diamond and Nate, the latter mainly because it's just a shortened version of my name. (Nathan.)

Miss Anne Thrope January 12th, 2013 3:42 AM

KRIS! She brought us girls the ability to play as our sex. And, until Rosa, she was the only female player not wearing a skimpy outfit.

I like the way the XY girl looked, well, basing from the small amount of time we could see her.

Capt. Pika January 12th, 2013 12:02 PM

He's the best Trainer, his Pokémon have the highest level and he defeated the most.
But my favorite is the girl Green. She's very intelligent, especially sly and she's the most beautiful female protagonist for me.

RoreyG January 16th, 2013 2:04 PM

1) Red- The most AWESOME trainer of ALL TIME!!! If Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, and Superman had a kid, Red would destroy that kid in a Pokemon Battle.

2) Leaf (or Blue from the Manga)- This girl is pretty much my ideal woman; smart, beautiful, independent, innovative, the whole package.

3) Gold- His quirks can be annoying at times but he's still one of the most likeable protagonists.

4) Sapphire (from the Manga)- Whilst I found Ruby to be a vein primadonna, Sapphire was fricken awesome. Honestly, the only reason I kept reading the Hoenn Chapters.

5) Nate- He looks a little bit like Tai, my favorite character from Digimon.

Stunna January 17th, 2013 9:31 PM

Brendan from Pokemon Emerald.

Drakio January 18th, 2013 1:46 PM

Lucas from diamond and pearl is my fav. I mean who else wheres a sleeveless vest to snowpoint city where the snow is like 4ft deep.

I'd also say Brendan because R/S/E are my favorite games.

Cassino January 19th, 2013 6:23 PM

Although, since people bringing it up here have caused me to look her up, I do like how mature the XY heroine looks.

Talli January 20th, 2013 9:30 AM

May of course for me mainly because I like her design chose and wears an banadana

Katamari January 20th, 2013 10:07 AM

Why are only the boys listed? Not cool.

My favorite has always been May, but close behind is probably Leaf, Dawn, Rosa, and Crystal. The others are okay but not in the top for me.

The XY protagonist looks like she has potential but we haven't seen her all to well :(
She really looks like a Ranger though (not saying she is), but am I really the only one who sees that?

Pokemon Trainer Ethan January 20th, 2013 12:49 PM

I did I put blue the girl

Arsonist January 23rd, 2013 8:40 AM

1- Red - He is awesome. The toughest PKMN Trainer in the WORLD in my opinion.
2- Green (boy) - He's awesome! I like his personality.
3 - Blue (or Leaf) - She's a hottie XD.
4 - Sapphire - I like how she has ruthless aggression!
5 - Ethan - Little quircky but I love his jokes.

Toutebelle February 17th, 2013 7:09 PM

Hilbert is my all-time favorite protagonist. I also like Nate.

Guy February 18th, 2013 10:20 AM

Personally, I've always thought that the female players seem to get the better designs over the guys. Brendan from Emerald and the original Gold being my favorite male protagonists and May, Kris, and Rosa being my favorite female protagonists.

Turnip February 18th, 2013 2:22 PM

I haven't really seen the manga, or the animé, for that matter, but I will say that in the games - no matter who you're playing as, whoever you're playing as at the time seems like the most awesome trainer there is.

For me, at least, maybe I'm just a little full of myself... or full of the character, or whatever the heck it's meant to be. I don't even know anymore.

SolarAbusoru February 19th, 2013 3:17 AM

I think so far, my favourite protagonist has to be Nate/Rosa, both have one of the best rivals as a best friend, Hugh, both live in a city rather than a small town, both took on the now more dangerous Team Plasma, and finished the job that Hilbert/Hilda started, whilst gaining N's trust themselves, both have taken on Every single gym leader and champion to have ever existed (Pokemon world tournament), and well, you saw them in that animated promo, the fact they got that treatment just adds to their repertoire.

Synthet February 19th, 2013 3:21 AM

I have to confess my love for Hilda. Her eighties ponytail rocks my world.