The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon X & Pokémon Y (Z?) (
-   -   Starter Pokémon (

Hiroshi Sotomura January 8th, 2013 3:13 AM

Starter Pokémon
If you were checking out the Pokémon Direct announcement, Pokémon X and Pokémon Y have been announced, and while details on a new region are scant, we have the new region's starter Pokémon!

Captain Fabio January 8th, 2013 3:15 AM

They look pretty ugly to me, but going back to the original trio of starter types.

Harley Quinn January 8th, 2013 3:15 AM

What the hell was that frog, man!!!!!!

Taro Tanaka January 8th, 2013 3:15 AM

I can't wait to get my hands on a Fennekin! Fire-Types all the way!

Overlord Drakow January 8th, 2013 3:15 AM

I thought they looked pretty good - well at least compared to Black and White haha.

Platinum Lucario January 8th, 2013 3:16 AM

Oh my goodness, Pokémon X and Y. The starters, I'm just still amazed by the 3D visuals in the game. Hm... now I wonder what starter I should choose... it's a hard decision. xD

Aryan143 January 8th, 2013 3:16 AM

I now start loving Fennekin. I never thought of a Fire Fox and it's a reality now!

chen12 January 8th, 2013 3:16 AM

what's with their names? Was the frog like Froakie or something... What are the legendaries called??

Squirrel January 8th, 2013 3:16 AM

Ahhh normally I hate Fire types but that Fire fox looked freaking adorable! I don't even remember the other two right now though :(

masaru3 January 8th, 2013 3:17 AM

I actually thought those starters were really cute! They could have worked a bit more on the frog one. I almost always go with the water type and that was disappointing to me. Water starters were always cute, but Gen VI broke the cute streak!

I love the fox and the grass pokémon. I want them both!

Polizard January 8th, 2013 3:17 AM

Are there any screen shots available as of yet I rushed home after work but i still missed the announcement so annoyed.

Pike15 January 8th, 2013 3:18 AM

i actually liked it. The frog thing was awsome

Olli January 8th, 2013 3:18 AM

Kinda didn't see half of the introduction of the new Pokemon because I was too busy freaking out, buuttt, the Fire starter looked so amazing! Even though a Fire fox isn't really that original considering we already have Vulpix, I have a feeling I'm gonna like this soo much better. Frog kinda looked a bit ugly but there's gotta be one for every generation :p Chespin was the only one I caught the name of but forgot what it looked like omggg so exited :(((( :)))))

Rainbow Arcanine January 8th, 2013 3:19 AM

The starter Pokemon were a little strange to be honest, but pretty cool. I especially liked the grass Pokemon, it was adorable and did have the appearance of a great battler. However, the only one I'd have to say I'm a tad bit disappointed with is the water-type which closely resembles a frog. It looks sort of, ugly if that's the right word :<, I just don't like its build, colouring or anything much about it which is sort of disappointing to me.

Other than that I'd have to say they've done a fantastic job with the new starters <3, creative and they look like a valuable team member for sure :3.

Hiroshi Sotomura January 8th, 2013 3:19 AM

I have to say, I was excited the moment I saw a fox as a starting Pokémon. A Fire-type Fox!

Although you'd be right if you mentioned that we already have Vulpix.

Jameseh January 8th, 2013 3:21 AM

Originally Posted by Polizard (Post 7477277)
Are there any screen shots available as of yet I rushed home after work but i still missed the announcement so annoyed.

Its on YouTube,

chen12 January 8th, 2013 3:22 AM

go to the Pokemon Youtube channel for the whole announcement

Rivvon January 8th, 2013 3:23 AM

I really like Fennekin and Froakie! The grass-type with the cute cactus hat-thing seems like it could have potential when it evolves. Fennekin is definitely my favorite, though! And I'm so glad, because now my Starter Cycle is complete, lol!! :,D

何贤豪 January 8th, 2013 3:23 AM

Hmmm...after seeing that...well, maybe a Water-type's not gonna be my pick, 'cause that Water-type looks pretty odd. The Fire-type is looking good...kinda like a mini-Ninetales or something...a nice starter.
I wonder what it'll look like in the real would be awesome.
I'd pick the Fire-type...that one looks good, but let's see if its offensive power's just as good.

Keiran January 8th, 2013 3:24 AM

I love Chespin and Fennekin. But Froakie is...another frog. It looks like Fennekin might not be part Fighting. I'm hoping they all have unique starter typings!

Seki January 8th, 2013 3:24 AM

It was posted on another thread, just posted it here to let you guys see.

Sansa Stark January 8th, 2013 3:26 AM

Uh. Well.

Froakie is my least favorite right now but he's already growing on me. I'm definitely going with Fennekin asap though.

Hiroshi Sotomura January 8th, 2013 3:28 AM

Fennekin is so cute.

I guess in the end I don't have much attachment to the other starter Pokémon. Oh well.

Hikamaru January 8th, 2013 3:28 AM

These starters look weird to be honest, but I do like Chespin's look. The Water-type was a big disappointment this time around, and I mainly pick Water which means I did feel a bit sad.

Finally, a Grass-type starter I want to do an actual playthrough with!

Retro Bug January 8th, 2013 3:33 AM

I have to say Chespin is my favorite! I don't ever, ever like Grass Starters! I've never picked a Grass Starter first.