The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   The Treehouse (
-   -   Oh hey! You're from PC! (

Meganium January 14th, 2013 12:09 PM

Oh hey! You're from PC!
I'm doing this thread because Pinkie-Dawn is right here next to me! :D

So, PCers, have you met anyone from PC in real life? How was the experience? What was your reaction when you met them?

i'm sure there isn't a thread like this so yeah xD

Cosmotone8 January 14th, 2013 12:18 PM

I wish I had. :( But no, I've never visited anyone irl from PC.

Sweets Witch January 14th, 2013 12:26 PM

Never had the chance to actually meet any members, but back in the day I talked to one or two on the phone.

Ivysaur January 14th, 2013 1:35 PM

I was on the street, hoping to see someone who looked like Jon/Mr. cat Dog. He then walked past me and entered the hotel I was in to ask someone whether it actually was in the address I had told him. Then I quickly phoned him while looking at the lobby through the windows. He then saw someone who looked like me waving at him from the outside with a phone on his hand and grinning all creepily, and, surprisingly enough, he didn't run away but instead he greeted me and then gave me a coconut as a present.

The following day, I also met Drakow, who was as himself as ever, and then Kura and Fabio in Euston Station. I remember Jon saying: "Look for a gigantic dude and a tiny girl!". That was a close enough description. Sadly those two moments weren't quite as surreal as the first one. I'll probably give Jon his coconut back next time we meet.

Edward Elric January 14th, 2013 1:40 PM

Not yet, but im hoping to some day! There are definitely some members here I would love to meet some day.

Kura January 14th, 2013 1:42 PM

I knew a few members here IRL before joining, but a few years ago I met Audy and Aegis and Paralellzero at an expo. Recently, I met Mr. Cat Dog, Captain Fabio, Went, Drakow, and I'm planning to meet Vendak this weekend.
Oh and the Captain and I hit it off really well when we met, so we're a item now ;3! Yay pokecommunity; bringing people together!

Hikamaru January 14th, 2013 1:46 PM

I haven't met any PC members irl yet, and I don't know if I even plan to.

Aquanova January 14th, 2013 2:02 PM

I havent met anyone in real life on PC as of yet, and Im not sure I will.

Dreg January 14th, 2013 2:53 PM

I haven't met any PC members IRL yet, I think there's a slim chance I probably will if I went on holiday somewhere.

Sableye~ January 14th, 2013 3:17 PM

Have never met anyone on PC offline...I doubt I ever will. x:

CourageHound January 14th, 2013 3:26 PM

I havnt :C....or at least I dont think so, cuz ya never really know. But it would be sweet if I met one of my freinds irl :D.

Brendino January 14th, 2013 4:25 PM

The only person that I ever knew that was also on PC was my cousin, and he left the site long ago. Other than that, I can't say as I have, but who knows what the future holds.

JayD January 14th, 2013 4:34 PM

Never met someone from PC, and I doubt I will. In the Canadian Club, I'm the only one from the province of Quebec :C

Ash January 14th, 2013 4:36 PM

I've met Dondon/donavannj! I also met Anna/EternallyAnna when I went to Minnesota in December 2011 to see my Dad. ♥ But that's it when it comes to meeting people from PC. There are a few that are an hour or so away from me but I haven't gotten the opportunity to meet them nor do I really talk to them enough to do so I guess sob.

Sammi January 14th, 2013 4:42 PM

I haven't. I only know of like a few members that live in Kansas and they're all hours away from me. Sucks living in the US without a car!!

One day Matt and I are going to meet! Eventually. Maybe. I hope. :(

CarcharOdin January 14th, 2013 5:52 PM

I think it's entirely possible I'll run across one of you guys eventually, since some of you live in California.

In one of the guilds I frequent on Gaia online, I participated in a get together with a few of the other members and we have some fun times in Antioch.

If any of you are visiting Monterey, especially for visiting the Aquarium, shoot me a PM. I might be able to meet you that day since I have a membership. And trust me, I'm not nearly as terrible a person irl as I make myself out to be online. This is based on remarks I've gotten from the online people I got together with in Antioch.

outfox January 14th, 2013 6:10 PM

I haven't, although former member Gary the Magic Fairy and I always make plans to meet up since we both live in Texas, we just keep falling out of contact with each other. I miss him to death, just texted him now. I'm determined to follow through this time!

I'd go ape shih if I ran into a member here. I'd give hugs and kisses, no matter what online baggage we may have.

.EJ January 14th, 2013 6:13 PM

Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches (Post 7492977)
I've met Dondon/donavannj! I also met Anna/EternallyAnna when I went to Minnesota in December 2011 to see my Dad. ♥ But that's it when it comes to meeting people from PC. There are a few that are an hour or so away from me but I haven't gotten the opportunity to meet them nor do I really talk to them enough to do so I guess sob.

Speaking of, aren't I one of 'em? I'm never around

Yea the closest I've gotten to hanging out with people from PC has been skype :r

curiousnathan January 14th, 2013 6:17 PM

Not yet, but Jake (Hiroshi Sotomura) and I plan to meet up sometime in the future.

ArcanineIsDaBomb January 14th, 2013 7:12 PM

Nah I haven't :<, but I wish I could though, there are some that are probably only half an hour away or so :D. But I really would like to meet up with one of my friends <3.

Noah Ridgewood January 14th, 2013 8:42 PM

Jon is like an STD that gets passed around from person to person.

I met him when he came over to the states on his world tour. He stayed at Philly for sightseeing or something, and then decided he'd come meet me. I was extremely nervous meeting him, since I hadn't ever met someone who I first met online before. We planned to meet at Panera Bread. I saw him from a turn and my first thought was "He looks so British!" so I tweeted it, and he looked around for me because he saw the tweet and then we met up and then we had fun. As much fun as you can have in a boring suburb.

He is super energetic and outgoing and funny, and he does a great hick impersonation.

PokéZoom January 14th, 2013 8:56 PM

No, I haven't and that's probably a good thing to be honest. I'm really shy in real life, so yeah...

Ludger January 14th, 2013 9:18 PM

Oddly enough, the one and only person I've met from PC was when I was out of the country! And that person is the STD Nick speaks of. Mr Cat Dog.

I met him after the New Year's Day parade in London of 2012. Well...we led the parade, so we were done. I don't think the rest of it was. But apparently, he asked several people if they knew me, then eventually I found myself walking next to a guy with a McDonalds bag. He asks, "Do you know (insert my first and last name here)?" and I'm like "...Oh yeah that's me...JON!!!!!!!!" He even made a LOVELY sign for me. Sadly, neither of us had a camera and I was hurrying back to a bus, and he had some McDonalds to ingest. The meeting was short, but it was an amazing way to kick off 2012! I was like...ecstatic for an hour and couldn't believe what had happened. Oh, and explaining to my fellow band members how I knew someone in London was fun. Now people know I'm on a Pokemon forum. Oh well!

I hope to visit other PC friends someday, or them come here and visit me. I'd like to get US friends out first, since that's the most feasible, and if at all possible, I'd love to go across the pond again and meet the remaining darlings there.

Correspondence January 14th, 2013 9:46 PM

Nope haven't met anyone yet and i doubt i ever will.

Synerjee January 14th, 2013 10:15 PM

I haven't met anyone from PC yet, but I would love to. The problem is, I don't think there's any other member here that lives in my country except for MidnightShine, who is separated from me by a stretch of sea, so meeting him will be quite unlikely. ;_; I had a better chance while I was in Australia last year, but sadly, I'm not there anymore and won't be going there for quite a while.. Oh well~