The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   The Treehouse (
-   -   Don't think too hard, Patrick. (

droomph January 15th, 2013 10:34 PM

Don't think too hard, Patrick.
Do you like to ponder things more than you have to, or do you prefer to just get the thing done and move on?

Noah Ridgewood January 15th, 2013 10:39 PM

I ponder things much more than I have to.

Sweets Witch January 15th, 2013 10:58 PM

There are a good portion of things that I take at face value, but if I'm in the middle of watching a really good show I find myself overthinking it every second I'm not watching it. My Twitter's full of such ramblings.

curiousnathan January 15th, 2013 11:24 PM

I ponder on things a lot. Sometimes to the point that I leave what I'm pondering about to the last minute and everything is a shamble. Sometimes it's good though. It allows me to map out the positive and the negatives, the advantages and disadvantages of the things I have to do, so I know while I'm doing it, what I need to focus on and how I need to approach certain things.

♣Gawain♣ January 16th, 2013 4:34 AM

If it's really important to my life, I would. Like how will this things help change my life(religious stuff) or what would my next art will be.

Nearsighted king of Ice January 16th, 2013 6:35 AM

I tend to over think things, I don't know why...and thanks to that I tend to get answers wrong.

Talli January 16th, 2013 6:38 AM

I don't really think of things I just do it anyway.

Meganium January 16th, 2013 6:41 AM

Like Nathan, I ponder a lot. So much to the point that I simply worry about it. When that happens, I just sit there by myself with no distractions and think clearly, hoping those thoughts get themselves together.

PlatinumDude January 16th, 2013 10:24 AM

I don't think about things too much, but there are times when I overthink.

Aquanova January 16th, 2013 10:28 AM

I tend to overthink things, it tends to drive me crazy, as I dont like to make decisions quickly, thinking they will be the wrong decisions.

Ash January 16th, 2013 12:03 PM

I try not to ponder about things more that I have to but that's a lot easier said than done. Sometimes I succeed, but many times I do not.

Sableye~ January 16th, 2013 3:08 PM

I overthink stuff and end up being stressed over stupid things. I:

Kura January 16th, 2013 4:51 PM

I really do overthink things. I tend to think a lot about (worst possible) scenarios and solutions to them.. It's a pretty bad habit as it gets me stressed, worried, and drained!

Sammi January 16th, 2013 8:12 PM

Far too much. Bad things tend to stew in my mind, which makes it worse. It's so bad my boss points it out. "You over-think things and then you worry too much!!" Story of my life, really. :( I really wish I could just move on, but noooo.

Shining Raichu January 18th, 2013 6:11 AM

I ponder on things a lot in that I extract everything negative I possibly can from it and worry about every one of those aspects.

I got promoted yesterday and I spent two hours worrying about the potential negatives that could come from it :P

Hannah January 19th, 2013 9:12 PM

It depends on the situation. Usually, I move on in an instant, but when I'm alone and I have nothing to do, I ponder over it for quite some time. Then after that, I forget about it completely.

It's like a routine for me.

Cosmotone8 January 20th, 2013 7:44 AM

I overthink stuff all the time, and it gets people pretty frusturated at me when I'm taking forever to finish something.

Sylphiel January 20th, 2013 4:43 PM

I have the habit of wanting to make sure I absolutely will not regret a decision, along with making sure I plan for every possible outcome (that I can think of) of something, so yeah...I definitely tend to overthink things.

Does lead to quite a bit of anxiety at times. After all these years, I would have thought I'd have learned not to do that so much, but alas. :P

Honest January 20th, 2013 4:58 PM

I used to be a real cautious kid, thinking and overthinking everything before I set everything to motion. For reasons beyond my comprehension, lately I've been more "act first, ask questions later"-ish. I don't know why, maybe it's because I've grown weary of hyperobserving things to the point where I'm just being loony. Granted, it's not a good way to think, not always, anyway. It cost me a friend this week, as a matter of fact. And yerp, I'm not happy.

sρεcтяα January 21st, 2013 9:14 AM

I am highly risk averse, and I like planning things down to the tiniest of details before I act...IF I act. Half the time I convince myself that it isn't worth acting upon...which, of course, is the point of the exercise much of the time. Regret is a complete waste of time, so I prefer to ensure I don't regret anything by making damn sure that if I'm going to do something, it is worth doing...or not worth doing, as the case may be.

In an abstract sense, I like contemplating things as well - brooding, most would call it, although I'd like to think I've moved beyond my broody teen stage and that I'm just reflective - so I spend more time thinking than doing as often as not. I'm a dreadfully dull individual.

pikakitten January 23rd, 2013 4:21 PM

I tend to think a lot about stuff and think it through to make sure I get the desired result xD

Ephemeral Euphoria January 23rd, 2013 4:23 PM

Son, I ponder things constantly even as I'm typing up this post. You can never be too prepared for anything.

Brynjolf January 24th, 2013 6:19 PM

I usually ponder over the different outcomes of a situation, but nothing else really.

Mr Cat Dog January 28th, 2013 4:07 AM

Nope. Once I've made up my mind to something, I'm strangely committed to it and move on to the next decision I need to make. When I was younger I'd probably think more about stuff that didn't really need it, but now I just haven't got the time. Gotta keep on truckin'!

Yoshikko January 28th, 2013 3:22 PM

Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru (Post 7495081)
I ponder things much more than I have to.

Pretty much this. Not everything by far but some things usually, it can even be distressful sometimes.