The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Fifth Generation (
-   -   BlackWhite PokeTransfer! (

Forever January 22nd, 2013 2:19 AM

So in these games we had to use a PokeTransfer machine (technically used on the other game, but still) to transfer Pokemon from fourth generation to the fifth. This meant playing a shooting Pokeballs minigame at the Pokemon to capture them, which could be time consuming.

- Do you like B/W's method of migrating? Is it easier than third > fourth?
- What's your highest score?
- How would you change this if you could?

JayD January 22nd, 2013 5:43 AM

I never tried it since I don't own 2 DS. But once I'm getting my 3DS, I'm definitely going to try this one out. I hope they still have the migration system with Gen VI.

Hikamaru January 22nd, 2013 6:07 AM

I have used the Poke Transfer a lot in my Black version so I could collect several previous gen Pokemon that could only be obtained via said method. Thankfully I like to hoard my brother's old DS Lite since he hardly uses it anymore.

I was a little bit disappointed at the minigame though, sometimes I ended up not catching all the Pokemon within the time limit and having to try again so I could get them all transferred.

Arcturus. January 22nd, 2013 3:45 PM

I've always managed to catch my transfered Pokemon before I ran out of time, and I transfer Pokemon a lot. I definitely thought it was easier than catching Pokemon in Pal Park.

halcyonic January 23rd, 2013 5:39 AM

No, altho I have two DS's, I only have White, so yeaaaaa, nope for me, but if I EVER get then chance to use it, I think I'll use it, it's handier imo

Correspondence January 23rd, 2013 5:44 AM

I haven't used it yet but that sounds more fun than the Gen IV's method but ya it could be time consuming and i think the previous Gen's method was easier.

Brendino January 23rd, 2013 1:54 PM

I only have the one DS, so I never had the opportunity to use it. Granted, I'm not sure how they would've implemented it otherwise (limited cross-gen GTS?), but even then, I would have preferred the Pal Park to that mini-game in Gen 5.

Urugamosu January 24th, 2013 2:58 AM

Do you like B/W's method of migrating? Is it easier than third > fourth?
It's not more easier, but it is more creative and fun.
What's your highest score?
I don't remember, but I do remember me smiling when I saw it.
How would you change this if you could?
I would make it a bit more simpler to catch Pokémon.