The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon Trading Card Game (
-   -   Card Collecting, want to play though. (

Left 4 good January 28th, 2013 5:39 AM

Card Collecting, want to play though.
Heya, in 2000, as a young kid like 6/7, I used to be on the playground swapping doubles for cards I needed etc, I don't think any of the kids on the playground actually knew how to play lol.

Now in 2013, I want to actually learn how to play.

I have about 1,000 cards mainly from 1st gen and 5th gen (massive break of collecting)

I currently have them organized in binders,
Will I need to take a tonne of cards out to play? (I cba to re-organize)

If some-one could link me to a newbies guide of how to play, or even tell me yourself I'll be extremely grateful thank you very much :)

Holofoil January 28th, 2013 7:45 AM

60 cards per deck. Link to thread for deck building

Bare basics flash tutorial

donavannj January 28th, 2013 9:43 AM

Also, if you're interested in tournament play, be sure to use only cards from tournament legal sets. A list can be found here: