The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Computers & Technology (
-   -   Help Anyone know about installing Ubuntu on Windows 8? (

Destiny February 14th, 2013 12:12 PM

Anyone know about installing Ubuntu on Windows 8?
Ok, so I was wondering if anyone knows how to install Ubuntu whilst keeping my current OS of Windows 8?
I think I can use Wubi, but I'm not sure. If anyone knows then please let me know :)

Alice February 14th, 2013 12:52 PM

First of all, if you're using windows 8, you might as well just uninstall it and stick with Linux. ;)

Here's a video walkthrough of how to do it:

And if you need more info, google has your back:

Aeon February 14th, 2013 1:42 PM

I feel that the easiest way to do so is by burning it onto a CD (make sure it's bootable though), restart your computer, and undergo the install process. You'll be given the option to install Ubuntu alongside Windows and will get to choose how much space Ubuntu gets.

twocows February 14th, 2013 10:46 PM

Just burn the install to a CD, restart, and press enter/click next a bunch of times. The default setup is to install it side-by-side with Windows, meaning you can boot into it at startup.

Wubi lets you boot into it from within Windows if you prefer that instead.