The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   The Treehouse (
-   -   Sigh (

Sableye~ February 14th, 2013 7:46 PM

What do you do when you're down?
Do you try to shake off the sadness, or let it run its course?

Crux February 14th, 2013 8:00 PM

A: Listen to music that cheers me up.
B: Sing a sad song.
C: Use the feelings of sorrow and/or depression for something. (lyrics, poetry, art, writing)
D: Talk to somebody that I really enjoy talking to. Most of the time they don't even know that i'm feeling down, for fact that i'm really good at controling my emotions, but it just cheers me up to be able to talk to somebody honestly.

Sweets Witch February 14th, 2013 8:12 PM

Sleep, usually. Or I'll watch funny things until I feel kind of better. Or I'll eat something I like and then sleep.

Honest February 14th, 2013 8:14 PM

I'll mope around, usually. Think about why I'm sad, if whatever's making me sad could have been avoided.

I'll also either pig out, or avoid food. Don't know why they're opposites like that, but they are.

Brynjolf February 14th, 2013 9:03 PM

Cry or bite my tongue really hard. Or listen to music. Or sleep.

Treecko February 14th, 2013 9:15 PM

Usually when I'm sad, I go listening to music or play a game. It's usually makes that makes me happy , ie Owl City or just any artist I really like in general. Yes I have an Owl City obsession. I know. Playing games, specifically Pokemon games can make me happy except when the game isn't going right for me. Then it just makes me angry but I also vent out that angry at the same time.

Caelus February 14th, 2013 9:50 PM

Listening to music always cheers me up, as does watching funny videos on Youtube, and eating helps as well. If all else fails I sometimes go to one of my best friends who's always eager to help me when I'm down.

Ash February 14th, 2013 10:13 PM

I try and shake it off. I hate feeling sad. It's a terrible feeling and thus I try to do things that would make me happy until I am happy. Listen to music, hang around places I don't believe will upset me, play video games, etc.

Arma February 14th, 2013 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches (Post 7539420)
I try and shake it off. I hate feeling sad. It's a terrible feeling and thus I try to do things that would make me happy until I am happy. Listen to music, hang around places I don't believe will upset me, play video games, etc.

pretty much this. Although I usually tend to either isolate myself from the world, or talk to someone while doing so.r

Scripturient February 14th, 2013 11:11 PM

I very rarely get sad and when I do, it usually is a fleeting feeling. Go to sleep and wake up fine. Works for me. :)

skyluigi2 February 15th, 2013 12:00 AM

I don't really know... I don't remember the last time I was sad. I'm usually pretty upbeat. :)

Evanlyn February 15th, 2013 1:16 AM

I feel sad for a bit, then I shake it off. Occasionally I cry, but only when my parents are angry at me. Other times, I just get over it.

Talli February 15th, 2013 1:46 AM

If I am upset usually I will go and watch Youtube videos to cheer me up.

Squirrel February 15th, 2013 5:01 AM

I put on very loud music. It stops me from thinking about things and you just kind of get lost in it, it's a wonderful feeling. Quite often I'll go for a walk at the same time around some local agriculture sites for the fresh air and after that it's very rare for me to still be upset. The other thing I do is talk to certain people who I'm sure will cheer me up without even realising I'm upset and I adore these people ridiculously for doing so. ♥

Magic Christmas Lights February 15th, 2013 5:12 AM

I usually force myself to go out and hang out with friends or I'll write/draw/read. Or sometimes I watch a movie... Basically, I keep myself busy. I try to be as productive as possible.

Sableye~ February 15th, 2013 7:51 AM

I generally just let it do what it wants with me. I let it drag me down and eat at me- it's easier than trying to fight it, which wouldn't work, anyway. I'm not "sad" often, though. I tend to turn what should be sadness into anger, directed at whoever caused it, even if that person is myself.

JayD February 15th, 2013 8:25 AM

1. Go on the PC
2. Watch a movie
3. Play games
4. Go out with friends

Basically, anything to keep my mind of off it.

Synerjee February 15th, 2013 8:56 AM

I usually don't like being around others when I'm upset. To help me feel better, I listen to my favourite songs or the radio, or play the piano, or take out a novel to read. Sometimes I like to take a walk or cycle around my neighbourhood or scenic places. That always helps to keep me calm. There will be those one or two friends who can talk to me and make me feel so much better though. I really love those people who uplift me and pick me up in those times when I am down. <3

Sammi February 15th, 2013 7:06 PM

Do what I usually do. Wallow in my self-pity. Don't talk to anyone about it. Occasionally, I will be so depressed that I'll actually do something other than use the computer; the other day I was so desperate to distract myself I cleaned.

I'm just usually pathetic and don't do anything about it because I can't be bothered to talk it out with someone I trust. Sigh.

♣Gawain♣ February 16th, 2013 1:40 AM

Play hardcore combat videogames(COD or such), draw and sketch anything and basically being alone.

Correspondence February 16th, 2013 2:34 AM

I just tend to go to sleep when i'm asleep.No worries just to float around in my dreams.

Sylphiel February 16th, 2013 10:08 AM

I usually just let it run its course. I'll tend to just sit there and listen to music to help me get through it - usually music that's either neutral/happy to me, although there are times when I'll end up listening to songs I know will make me cry just so I can have that cry and get it over with (which usually makes me feel better anyway).

Otherwise, I'll just mope around and/or try to sleep, since sleeping usually helps my moods quite a bit.

Sheep February 16th, 2013 5:41 PM

I wait it out. If I get sad nothing can really cheer me up no matter how much I try, so waiting is the only thing that really works. I find time to be the best medicine.

Cordelia February 16th, 2013 6:41 PM

I try to shake it off by listening to music or eating chocolate. I fight depression so it's usually a difficult battle but I always try to stay on top of it. :)

Kura February 17th, 2013 6:43 AM

I brood and worry- and I'll talk to those I trust most to try and shake it. Simple, really. Music does nothing for me, unfortunately.
Sometimes I'll go on 9gag to distract myself from the thoughts though.