The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon Trading Card Game (
-   -   I need help learning how to play (

KittyCatOtaku95 February 18th, 2013 10:17 PM

I need help learning how to play
Anyone in the portland area that goes to kumoricon that would be willing to help me learn?

Posted from App for Android

donavannj February 19th, 2013 1:14 AM

I personally don't know of anyone here from the Portland area, let alone someone who'll be attending Kumoricon, but using's League and Event Locator, I found 11 different leagues within 25 miles of Portland, Oregon, if you're looking for places to play.

As for getting started, I suggest checking out the tutorials at to learn how to play.

KittyCatOtaku95 February 20th, 2013 5:06 AM

I cant read to learn. im a hands on learner

Posted from App for Android

donavannj February 20th, 2013 2:25 PM

Originally Posted by KittyCatOtaku95 (Post 7546713)
I cant read to learn. im a hands on learner

Posted from App for Android is a hands-on means of learning. It actually walks you through learning the game via a Flash program.

Renpuu February 21st, 2013 2:28 PM

Hey kitty !
Welcome to the forums !
If you want to learn more about the Pokemon TCG, you could use online browser based websites such as bebesearch and

Using these sources you can build a casual deck or a tournament standard deck to play with others.

If you want more of a "hands on approach" to learning, you could buy 2 theme decks and play with a friend to learn how to play the game or play with us online using these resources !