The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon Trading Card Game (
-   -   TGC: "don't worry about loosing anything" (

VydorScope February 28th, 2013 5:29 PM

TGC: "don't worry about loosing anything"
What does TGC Online mean by that? What could I loose by playing other players? Just played and lost my first "PvP" game. heh

donavannj February 28th, 2013 6:03 PM

That depends on where you've seen it.

VydorScope February 28th, 2013 6:07 PM

When I go to "PvP" to play. If I pick Novice it says that, and if I pick expert it says "Stakes are higher and so are the rewards" or something like that?

donavannj February 28th, 2013 6:26 PM

Was it said on the "Expert" screen? If that's the case, it's just referring to the fact that you won't actually be forfeiting any in-game items if you lose.

VydorScope February 28th, 2013 7:05 PM

No the novice screen, on the expert on it said rewards and risks are higher.

Novice says: "Novice Games let you play just for fun. Don't worry about losing anything, but don't expect big rewards."
Expert says: "Expert Games allow you to progress against better and better trainers. They offer bigger awards but can be more challenging."

donavannj February 28th, 2013 8:39 PM

I think they meant matches. Probably. :P

I honestly have no idea why they word it like that.

Renpuu March 1st, 2013 6:06 AM

Most likely it's worded that way to show that your opponent's will be more difficult on a expert level. The rewards could be tokens, which served not much purpose until now.

VydorScope March 1st, 2013 6:30 AM

So what are the tokens for, or planed to be for? I have like 130 or 140 of the silly things.