The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Progressing Hacks (
-   -   Gold POKEMON EMERALD: Time of 2nd GEN. (

cabusao10 March 7th, 2013 9:32 PM

Pokemon Hoenn League(Pokemon Emerald Remake)
Pokemon Emerald:Time of 2nd GENERATION
Rom Based:Pokemon Gold.gbc

From the title of the thread, this hack is a remake of Pokemon Emerald. We all know that It really impossible to remake completely/perfectly Pokemon Emerald because, Pokemon Emerald Is written on GBA platform, while the rom Base for the remake for this in on GBC platform. I will try my best to do all the features that were in Emerald to put on Pokemon Gold.

1. Gender Selection
  2. HM Dive
  3. Running Shoes
  4. Battle Themes
  5. Morely Advance Colours
  6. Pokedex are all filled up by Gen3'dex
  7. Songs from Pokemon Emerald
  8. Some new NPC OW Sprites
  9. Revamped Trainers Sprites and Pokemon
  10. Mach Bike and Ackro Bike
  11. And many more

Some Pokemon and Trainer Sprites
'--------------------------------------(Don't Use without Any permission's, because Im the one who revamped it)

Download Link

BETA 1.1

cabusao10 March 8th, 2013 8:11 PM

hello i'm RED, im from skeetendo i decided to jump over here to show my hack, although i don't know if gen 2 hacks are very popular here.

I hope you'll follow my hack.

Pinkish Purple March 8th, 2013 8:31 PM

Wow, this is really neat! definitely am gonna play this :)

Ohlookzero March 8th, 2013 8:37 PM

I love gen 2 hacks! Progress perecentage? I wants to play.

cabusao10 March 8th, 2013 9:27 PM

I don't know how many percentage i have now, but im gonna release demo soon after i fixed some scritps.

Aryan143 March 8th, 2013 9:49 PM

Wow! This game looks amazing. Can't wait for it to be released.

cabusao10 March 8th, 2013 10:42 PM

While waiting for the BETA, play my first ever have I made though I has many grammar error but I think it's uderstable. … 1_gbc.html

You can't play it through meboy.

ererbus March 9th, 2013 2:30 AM

finally a remake of 3 gen can't wait to play
sorry for bad spelling

Leafgreen2itsmyidea March 9th, 2013 3:29 AM

What is that "Pokémon Haiiro" Thing? And Do you need a beta tester?

Ace. March 9th, 2013 3:51 AM

Wow. Just wow. This game looks amazing. From the Versus bars to the tiles. I mean they looks exactly like the ones from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Well, not exactly since it's been devamped but this hack still looks really neat. I wish you the best of luck!

slim spazzy March 9th, 2013 4:15 AM

Wow this hack reminds me of pokemon anchient emerald.. i just hope it gets done :) best of luck :D

SonicBoomΩ March 9th, 2013 5:46 AM

This hack looks amazing. I never think that 3rd Gen game can be re-created in 2nd Gen system. The only think that looks strange is the textbox. You should use white color instead of gray.

cabusao10 March 9th, 2013 6:48 AM

Hey guys, that link i posted is the first hack i made, and it is canceled.

@sonic boom
about the textbox, if you watched the video's i posted, you will see that i changed the pallete for textbox.

Good to know that you like my battle themes.

Dradier234 March 9th, 2013 6:57 AM

This hack is amazing!! You must be really experienced to pull this off! Devamped tiles, sprites, everything almost. I can't wait to play it! Why is it called Emerald if it has Ruby main character sprites?

cabusao10 March 9th, 2013 7:30 AM

do you mean the battle sprite in the intro? If so, i'm not the one who made that sprite, i just found that in google.

And it's the only one that came from ruby, the back sprite, tiles and so on are came from emerald.

EonNeo March 9th, 2013 3:46 PM

I always loved GB project, so I give you a like.

I hope your project will be continued until the end!

hackstar March 10th, 2013 1:43 AM

emerald hack in gbc? cool remake!!!!! I guess you should probably say ruby ...

cabusao10 March 10th, 2013 3:10 AM

Why do i need to say "RUBY" instead of emerald?
Since the tiles, pokemon sprites and events are came from Pokemon Emerald?

Ultra - Retro Reviver! March 13th, 2013 12:59 PM

This hack is very interesting! I am sure to follow it!

cabusao10 March 14th, 2013 7:31 AM

Tomorrow i'll post new video showing on re-done title screen and new imported musics from pokemon emerald.

Title screen include's
- new animation
- new gfx
- added new palletes
- all are made from scratch and made it morely advance looks.

cabusao10 March 19th, 2013 2:14 AM

Got this for intro music.

hackstar March 19th, 2013 8:40 AM

I told it ruby because in emerald....

1.pokemon have their animation
2.battle frontier
3.Rematch gym leader
and more.....

cabusao10 March 23rd, 2013 2:29 AM

New video's Uploaded
Littleroot Town
Route 101
Rustboro Music
Surfing Music

miksy91 March 23rd, 2013 2:55 AM

Originally Posted by hackstar (Post 7587873)
I told it ruby because in emerald....

1.pokemon have their animation
2.battle frontier
3.Rematch gym leader
and more.....

All of these can be implemented, whether they will be done or not is more about cabusao's patience and ram space than anything else.

Originally Posted by cabusao10 (Post 7592862)
New video's Uploaded

Awesome! These are sound really epic!
I like pretty much everything about this hack expect for the graphical presentation which doesn't work with the map layout at certain cases. Such as the pokecenter of Rustboro City. Don't get me wrong, the graphics look really good but in cases like this one, they just won't work.

The thing is, it looks weird that the roof tiles of the PC are shaped like that so that we've got "red ground tiles" behind the PC and grey elsewhere.
You might want to do a thing or two about these errors, maybe re-shape those roof tiles to not match with their looks in R/S/E. I'd personally put it that way myself.

Also, make sure the player won't be able to see wrong blocks at the borders of the maps, make them large enough so that won't happen.
Other than that, nice job.

cabusao10 March 23rd, 2013 4:40 AM

About the rustboro city wrong block, that was the border and i still mapping rustboro and also for the roof, it also bugs me if i'll change it.