The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Video Games (
-   -   In your estimation... (

Miss Doronjo March 30th, 2013 9:33 AM

In your estimation...
How much time per week do you think you spend playing video games? That includes online games (like MMOs). Which video games do you spend the most time with?

Spinosaurus March 30th, 2013 10:20 AM

Normally 3-5 hours a week, and in the rare occasion that a game I'm really (emphasis on this) excited for gets released I end up playing it for three hours a day, which means 21 hours a week. (And only that week, since at that point I'll probably finish it.) I bought Luigi's Mansion 2 two days ago but I already logged 8 hours on it.

I always play games in short sessions, mostly 30 minutes or even less. (Sometimes 1 hour if I feel like it.) Nintendo games are the best at keeping me satisfied for playing short sessions, so I end up playing them the most, but it's not really exclusive to them. I don't get excited for many new games anymore, but their games have a lasting appeal, so that's why I always play them, and that's why I always play around 3 to 5 hours a week.

Yukiyo Kayume March 30th, 2013 2:52 PM

hmmm probably around 30-40 hours a week, sometimes more.. sometimes less.

I play LoL a lot

Tetrakeet March 30th, 2013 3:44 PM

Probably about 10 hrs a week. The dungeon crawlers can really eat my time on the weekends though!

Cassino March 30th, 2013 6:34 PM

40 hours, most weeks; this is very much a guess.

Poke Fox March 30th, 2013 7:36 PM

I spend at least 25 to 30 hours a week playing games. Only about 3-to-4 hours a week on Sim City 4 or Board Games/Card Games, all the other time I'm playing Pokemon games. Since I don't really like any other type of games.

ZetaZaku March 31st, 2013 5:20 AM

I don't play games every day, but when I play something, I can't see myself playing less than two hours. I'm mostly playing RPGs or hack'n'slash/beat'em'ups, so it's kinda difficult playing them for just an hour. Just imagine playing Persona series 1h/day.

I've wasted 10s of hours a day on games only once or twice. The first time was on Final Fantasy 9 back in the PS1 era. I think that I completed the game in two days.

Talli March 31st, 2013 5:54 AM

I do not really play video games longer that two hours.. I normally play Puzzle or Platformers. The I do not play longer is my hand will fall asleep after 2:30 hours of playing.

I once wasted 5 hours on Pokemon XD..that was before the hand falling asleep problem started.

Dansparce March 31st, 2013 8:58 PM

Probably 20-30 hours a week. Most of that time is usually Pokemon, but i do play other games.

Katamari March 31st, 2013 9:06 PM

This REALLY varies on my schedule for that particular week but it can range anywhere from 5 hours a week to 40+ hours, it really all just depends on what I have going on lol.

Lately I'd say I've been in the 15 hrs/week range though. I play mostly 3DS and my PS3, once in a while I play my Wii. Recently the longest I think I've gamed was when I spent 12 hours in one day on Red Dead Redemption a few weeks ago.

Oryx March 31st, 2013 9:26 PM

Let's see...if I play 2-3 games of LoL a day at half an hour each on weekdays, then 4-6 on weekends, that adds up to...9-13.5 hours. I don't really play any other game at the moment, so my LoL time is all my video game time.

When I think about it that's not that much, but then again I split my time between anime and games and reddit and classes and time with Tom so :3

Sweets Witch April 1st, 2013 7:46 PM

Around 20 in a normal 5-day work week, I guess. At least 2 hours a day to do my GW2 dailies and when I don't have work I play more of that or just play osu! for a while. Sometimes I'll spend my weekends playing games so that'd bump it up by another 20 hours easily.

donavannj April 1st, 2013 8:42 PM

Uh... 5-7 on traditional video games (usually Sim City 4), and maybe tack on another 8 if the online game Xpert Eleven counts as a video game for the purposes of this.

Aeon April 1st, 2013 11:42 PM

15-25 hours if it's a week where I have little to do. Other than that, about 7-10.

Foxrally April 2nd, 2013 12:07 AM

On holidays, 14x7.

On school days, I only play on weekends, so around 18 hours.

t3chvoid April 3rd, 2013 9:41 AM

I spend about 3-4 hours a day = 28 hours O.O!!! ahhh >.< I am wasting soo much time :(

Miss Doronjo April 5th, 2013 3:36 AM

Yeah, I think I spend about 3-4 hours a day playing video games myself. Usually, RPG games are the ones that take up the most of my time, because they're so long (i.e The Tales games, and occasionally Fire Emblem).

I used to spend more time when I was still playing LoL, which then, my game time was increased to about 5 hhours a day or so, but, I don't really play that game anymore, so... yeah.

T!M April 5th, 2013 4:54 AM

When not at work I spend about 90% of my free time gaming. Between my PC, my DS and my XBOX I don't leave much time for sleep.

Para-Dox April 6th, 2013 1:12 AM

Probably 3 hours on school days, and 10-14 hours on non-school days. I know, I have nothing better to do. lol

Team Fail April 6th, 2013 8:14 AM

I usually spend about a few hours a week on a game console. If I'm on my computer and browsing, that number rises exponentially.

machomuu April 6th, 2013 10:14 AM

Hm...I'd say around 30-50+, give or take.