The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Color & Metal Generations (
-   -   RedBlueYellow What's your favourite legendary in RGBY? (

Pkich April 3rd, 2013 3:20 AM

What's your favourite legendary in RGBY?
Mine is Zapdos because it is so awesome! It doesn't have a very good attack stat, but it is good for chipping down. I used it to catch mewtwo.

Post your favourite and why it is your favourite!

Dangelitus April 3rd, 2013 7:25 PM

Mine was probably mewtwo because he's one of the most powerful legendary in the first generations, besides, the fact that in the anime he uses an armor looks more cool XD

Brendino April 3rd, 2013 10:53 PM

Mine was actually Zapdos as well. I'd grown tired of having Pikachu on my team in Yellow, and what better Electric Pokemon to replace it with than the most powerful of them all? Well, at that time, at least.

I also liked Mewtwo, but with the way that Psychic types were overpowered in the first gen, I didn't even really want to use it, since it could wipe through the Elite Four basically by itself.

R.F. April 4th, 2013 11:35 AM

Out of the five legendarys existing in the first gen...well I like all of them. Mewtwo was a great pokemon, the birds were great too and Mew with it's ability to be able to learn all TMs and HMs was a great HM slave xD

If I had to choose one of them I'd take Mewtwo since he was a great battler in one of my teams back in the day (Mewtwo with Metronome was quite cool xD)

Talli April 4th, 2013 11:42 AM

If I had to choose I would go for Mew as it can learn of the TMs/HMs and it's cute.

Mr Cat Dog April 4th, 2013 1:15 PM

At the time, I really liked Articuno a lot. It was mainly for its design, as well as Ice Beam being my favourite move at the time, but I think it was the only legendary bird I actually caught when playing through both Blue and Yellow. Nowadays, I'd probably have to say Mewtwo. It's not one of my favourite legendaries, but it set the bar for all of the uber-legendaries to come and did it a lot better than many of the Pokemon that would try and ape it (coughArceuscough).

Arx April 4th, 2013 7:48 PM

It's a tie between Mewtwo and Zapdos for me. While Mewtwo is very strong, Zapdos possess electric type, one of my favorites.
Also Articuno isn't bad too.

MrElephant April 5th, 2013 9:01 AM

Its mew even though the only way to get it is to use the warp/fly thing.

hackstar April 5th, 2013 9:57 AM

mewtwo mine fav. for sure!

Sarah Morgan April 5th, 2013 10:01 AM

Mewtwo. Though, I felt like Zapdos was by far the most useful of all the legendaries at that time.

Cossolotto32 April 5th, 2013 1:58 PM

Articuno! Ice types are so much fun, and ice beam looks great in the old games!

Gligar April 5th, 2013 10:44 PM

I liked Zapdos and Articuno,but I'll go with Mewtwo. He was a better legendary than Zapdos.

Diversion April 6th, 2013 3:24 AM

Zapdos for me, I have absolutely no idea why.

Struggler April 6th, 2013 9:54 AM

Articuno because I like Ice types, but it's the most annoying to get

Sabrewulf238 April 6th, 2013 10:55 AM

I don't really have huge opinions on the 1st gen legendaries really....but if I have to order them it would be:

1. Mew
2. Articuno
3. Moltres
4. Mewtwo
5. Zapdos

Personally I think the second and third gen has the best legendaries.

Meganium April 7th, 2013 6:08 PM

Articuno, not only as my favorite legendary in-game, but also a favorite legendary of all time. Articuno is a must-have legendary on my team no matter what.

Rai April 7th, 2013 6:21 PM

Mew. It is just so adorable, appearance and personality wise!

Articuno is my second favorite because it is beautiful and I like Ice types.

vaporeon7 April 8th, 2013 1:54 PM

I always liked Zapdos. It was just a Pokémon I liked to use and I thought was really cool as well.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna April 8th, 2013 6:06 PM

Zapdos and Moltres, hands down. I've always loved fire types and will not stop loving them. Same with Electric types (the rodents more like it*).

AnonygooseD April 10th, 2013 8:07 AM

I like MEWTWO the most as he was so powerful and a great replacement for my Kadabra cuz I was never able to trade, but then I knew about Mew and liked him more because he can transform -ditto theory comes in head- :D

But I liked how Mewtwo was somewhat evil and human hating, I wished I could use it on the irritating trainers throughout the game ;) but it's just not possible as you can do NOTHING with legendaries but battling other pokes and that's a downside in Pokemon.

Aurora April 15th, 2013 2:05 AM

One of my favourite Pokemon types is Fire, and as a consequence, Moltres would have to be my favourite starter from Generation I. You can't get much more fiery than a flaming bird.

Pokedude3012 April 15th, 2013 8:43 AM

Mewtwo. For just being a legend.

CMPUNK1 April 15th, 2013 12:53 PM

Ephemeral Euphoria April 15th, 2013 1:12 PM

articuno for the design and habitat preferences.

Mr. Magius April 15th, 2013 5:24 PM

I don't remember having an actual favourite legendary back when I was a kid. Honestly, nothing really stood out to me, or I was just too young to care...
In my current opinion though, I'd have to choose Zapdos. Its jaggedly protruding black and yellow wings, and its ability to create powerful storms, and even its cry is beautiful.