The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Art & Design (
-   -   Not Sure Where To Post Art Questions? (

Yusshin April 3rd, 2013 3:18 PM

Not Sure Where To Post Art Questions?
I'm trying to edit a leaf green sprite (an NPC). When I select my colour and try to draw on the sprite, though, instead of it being green (as shown in the little box on the left of PS5), it creates a brown line instead! Even when I copy/paste a, say, orange or pink piece from a different sprite, those colours are modified into a brown or dark-brown shade.

I don't know why this is happening? When I open a new project in PS5, the green draws as green, and copy/pasted sections from other sprites are the correct colours. Why is PS5 auto-changing the colour, and how can I avoid it?

derozio April 4th, 2013 8:34 AM

Hmm, can you post a screenshot or something? Never encountered this sort of problem myself, to be honest. :p You sure the layer which was in use back when you were editing the sprite was set to normal blending mode and not something like "Difference/Exclusion/Linear Burn" or the others? Setting layers to them are generally the cause of these sorts of things. ;o