The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   The Treehouse (
-   -   What language do you think in? (

vaporeon7 April 11th, 2013 2:22 PM

What language do you think in?
When you are thinking, what language is the voice inside your head?

Honest April 11th, 2013 2:25 PM

You mean the voice in my head as I'm typing this? English. =P

Sableye~ April 11th, 2013 2:29 PM

English. Only language I really know, aside from bits and pieces of other ones. T:

♣Gawain♣ April 11th, 2013 4:54 PM

English and Russian, since I only knew those.

JayD April 11th, 2013 4:58 PM

English mostly, french but on very rare occasions :P

Yusshin April 11th, 2013 5:06 PM

Either French or English. I dream in both, too.

Cordelia April 11th, 2013 5:09 PM

English, but when I was heavy into studying German, I thought in that sometimes. Was nuts.

Crux April 11th, 2013 6:54 PM

English generally, but on occasion Japanese, or French.
There are rare times when I start thinking in Latin, then stop and suddenly realise that I didn't understand half of what I just thought.
Am I crazy? ;-;

Caelus April 11th, 2013 7:01 PM

I can only think in English. I know another language fluently (Albanian) but I can't get myself to think in any language other than English.

Somniac April 11th, 2013 7:48 PM

Riddle me this; What language would the voice in a deaf persons head be in?

How about a Deaf Blind Mute?

Aeon April 11th, 2013 7:51 PM

English and nothing else. I only know a few words in other languages.

Noah Ridgewood April 11th, 2013 7:56 PM

I think in English because its the only language I know.

Team Fail April 11th, 2013 8:00 PM

I think in English, but when I'm speaking French, I'll use a mix of English/French. Frenglich!

Shiny Celebi April 11th, 2013 8:07 PM

English, I rarely think in any other language due to not being fluent in other languages.

Retro Bug April 11th, 2013 8:09 PM

I wish I could speak in another language... but English it is.

Kikpanther April 11th, 2013 8:17 PM

English, but I wish I was multilingual. I'm hoping to do some of that whenever I go to college, idk.

Poke Fox April 11th, 2013 10:39 PM

I think in English, its the language I use the most, sometimes in Spanish, the other language I also speak fluently.

Synerjee April 11th, 2013 10:49 PM

I think in English, but when the rare occasion requires it, I think in Malay - my country's national language. Usually that occasion would be during Malay class, but that was like...3 to 4 years ago when I still had them? I don't have Malay classes anymore so yea. Oh, and I also think in Japanese when reading Japanese.

Ivysaur April 11th, 2013 10:53 PM

It jumps between English and Spanish depending on what I'm doing or just randomly. Right now I'm thinking in English, but now I'll turn the radio on and I'll swicth into Spanish mode. Sometimes I hear a sentence in each language. It's weird, let me tell you, but I don't mind too much.

Avishka April 12th, 2013 12:40 AM

i think in Hindi - my mother tongue and sometimes in English

Swolligator April 12th, 2013 12:44 AM

Depends on the language I am speaking in at the time; mostly English, but I have occasional thought processes in Japanese and Chinese, even dreams too!

CarefulWetPaint April 12th, 2013 12:45 AM

I think in English because its the only language I know. Boring right?

Japanda8190 April 12th, 2013 12:46 AM

I mostly think in English but i'm originally from Lithuania but I hate that country...

Zach April 12th, 2013 12:54 AM

English is the only language I can think in.. I know how to understand a bit of Spanish, but not enough to speak it fluently or have thoughts in the language :P

Silversnk April 12th, 2013 1:28 AM

Ok... so I'm the weird case. I think in english most of the time, but my main language it's Spanish (when I'm talking in Spanish I don't even think, lol), so when I'm nervous or something I just start talking in english and people don't understand. xD