The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   The Treehouse (
-   -   Who did you admire when you first joined PC? (

vaporeon7 April 17th, 2013 12:56 AM

Who did you admire when you first joined PC?
When you first joined PokéCommunity, which member(s) did you look up to? What was special that made you look up to them? Did you learn anything from them?

♣Gawain♣ April 17th, 2013 1:55 AM

To be honest, none. I treat everyone as equal, even she/he has leadership. As a result, I don't find any special qualities to them.

Honest April 17th, 2013 10:24 AM

Oh wow, how ironic.

I guess the person I looked up to most, if anyone, was sammi-san. She was the first moderator I conversed with, and back then I was kinda googly eyed about the blue and bold. So I respected her, and I'll admit, feared her a tiny bit. Now look at the two of us. <3

Aside from her, no one really. I was an idiot back then who didn't understand anything.

Edit: I'm going to modify the thread title a little bit, so people don't confuse it with droomph's thread of role models in a more general sense.

Katamari April 17th, 2013 10:38 AM

I never really admired anyone in the sense of looking up to them as like, above me, but I recall Hikari being really nice to me when I first joined and that was pretty pleasant :p

Talli April 17th, 2013 10:43 AM

I do not think I remember looking up to someone when I first joined PC.

GarlandDaHero April 17th, 2013 10:56 AM

I admired pretty much anyone who made a hack I liked, actually.

Cordelia April 17th, 2013 11:08 AM

TwilightBlade. Of course, back then she was TwilightBlade.

I was interesting in trading and she was a mod and was really awesome and welcoming and stuff n_n

Ephemeral Euphoria April 17th, 2013 12:52 PM

I'd have to say BobAndBill for the Pokemon Colosseum fanfic he made which left me in stitches for days on end back when I was new on here.

Poke Fox April 17th, 2013 12:58 PM

None at first since I didn't know anyone, but after a while Hikari10! and about 3 others I can't remember.

Kura April 17th, 2013 2:31 PM

I would probably say Jeremy. He was always really helpful and sweet and I guess I just looked up to him and really liked him because he was just so approachable and welcoming/ caring :3

Hikamaru April 17th, 2013 2:35 PM

This was a hard one since I was pretty unpopular back then but I have to admit that in the end it would have to be the one and only Forever, because she made me into a 5th Generation enthusiast (and thus contributing to her section regularly), she hosted the one part of PCX that made me a Supporter and I wouldn't have joined the PC Battle Server if it wasn't for her.

Shadowraze April 17th, 2013 2:38 PM

Ughhh I don't really remember let me see... :3

I think it was Hackmew who created various of tools in rom hacking and I also admired his research.

But as for Non-rom hacker people that I looked up to I'd say Hikari since I always see her everywhere in the forums. :3

Brynjolf April 17th, 2013 5:17 PM

The people with 1,000+ postcount because I thought they were so cooooolll. Also the people with the italics username. Oooohh~
(As you can see, I still do admire them. I will donate someday!)

Kitori April 17th, 2013 8:11 PM

tabor62 for his RNG skills and crazy event collection.

Noah Ridgewood April 17th, 2013 8:31 PM

I can't really remember why, but I looked up to Arcanine, Signomi, and Scizz before I met them, and Morkula, Ausaudriel, and Lightning after I met them.

Ludger April 17th, 2013 8:42 PM

Upon first joining, I admired Astinus, JXValentine, and bobandbill the most. Leaving Marcin in that format cause it was before he was even a mod. ;) But yeah, can you tell I came here for fan fics originally? lol

vaporeon7 April 17th, 2013 9:05 PM

I remember looking up to Lightning a lot when I first joined. She was so nice and knowledgeable.

Treecko April 17th, 2013 9:49 PM

When I first joined, I'd have to say Hikari10 mainly cause she was so nice to me and seemed so friendly. Plus she was my first friend on PC, which is sort of special. Other than that, I'd say I admired a good amount of mods/smods, only cause their names were in bold and in a different color. Particularly, AlexOzzyCake and Meganium90 (back when they were mods...). And Patchisou Yatohru to an extent cause I thought he was so laid back and humble.

Aurora April 17th, 2013 10:37 PM

I joined four days ago and I haven't really found anybody that I "look up to" or idolise. Those who are closest to the term "look up to" would probably be Forever (because I know them from some place else) or the two supermods I've found are also engrossed in Borderlands... other than that, no; I don't really "look up to" anyone at PokeCommunity.

Starry Windy April 18th, 2013 12:21 AM

When I first joined, I personally looked after Gym Leader Rozu and Hikari10. They both are friendly, and I'm starting to learn the new friendship and aim to be the better me thanks to them.

Ausaudriel April 18th, 2013 1:02 AM

I'm happy to see how many people love Hikari10. :] She really is amazing at welcoming new members and being helpful and friendly.

To answer the question, I remember always wanting to be like Lightning. 8) It was probably at least a year before I started trying to develop my own style instead of just trying to imitate Erica. :P

Captain Fabio April 18th, 2013 4:12 AM

I would say Patchisou Yatohru, Morkula, Aerilyn, Hiidoran and Went.

Look at all those staff and ex-staff members.

curiousnathan April 18th, 2013 5:37 AM

I can't even remember anyone I looked up to when I first joined haha. I think I had a blatant disregard for everything and everyone. XD Now though, I look up to quite a few people: AlexOzzyCake, bobandbill, Hiroshi Sotomura, ~Kawaii~, Kura also especially and plenty more that don't seem to want to pop up!

tabor62 April 18th, 2013 5:51 AM

I joined in 2008, but didn't stop lurking until 2012 haha. But I'm going to say TwilightBlade, twistedpuppy, and Mac. Since they were the trade mods (and one ex trade mod) I really looked up to them. Of course, not as much anymore since I can stand on my own two feet for the most part, but I still go to them for help and advice.

Apart from staff, I also looked up to iloveeevee and Wiilio for taking extra time to teach me how to RNG.

Melody April 18th, 2013 5:54 AM

I consider myself to have 3 "stages" at PC

I'd have to say that many of the people I really respected when I first joined PC are long gone now. Names like Forest_Grovyle2, Chairman Kaga4, Arcanine1, sammi-san3, Rukario and a few more who slip from memory.

Then as I move forward into my second stage at PC, people like Signomi2 and Forever arrive, both of whom I consider to be respectable members.

Finally my third stage, which is the current stage, includes some of the more current staff. These are members I remember growing up SO FAST from n00b to mod and on up. Folks like Went, Razor Leaf, Derozio, Bloodex and Livewire are all members I respect quite well today~

1 - Former Administrator
2 - Former Moderator
3 - Former Super Moderator
4 - Former Staff, unknown rank or time period. (Possibly Classic PC?)