The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon Gaming Central (
-   -   Shadow Lugia. (

Imperishable April 25th, 2013 6:09 PM

Shadow Lugia.
Did you ever use it? I know that if you transferred it to a Gen 3 game while it's purified, you get a really good Psychic-type move (Psycho Boost!)..or, did you use it in X-D against Greevil to stall out his Shadow Pokemon?

Ludger April 25th, 2013 6:11 PM

I always use it against Greevil since by that point, my whole team is purified, therefore they're weak to shadow moves. Lugia just tanks it all, and the man has a full team of shadow Pokemon. I did purify it and send it to Emerald though, but it didn't get used much after that.

Elaitenstile April 25th, 2013 8:42 PM

I would have transferred it to Gen 3 but I never caught it; that thing kept slipping away lol. But if I had it I woulda given it Psycho Boost and THEN transferred it all the way to Black n stuff.

Satoshi Ookami April 26th, 2013 2:43 AM

I used it against Greevil and trained it a bit in Mt. Battle.
I did not want regular Lugia :D X D 001 was cooler :D

Talli April 26th, 2013 2:46 AM

I would of put in on to my pokemon Sapphire if I knew how to purify it. I used the shadow in MT. battle though.

Satoshi Ookami May 1st, 2013 1:02 AM

Originally Posted by Curtis talli (Post 7640222)
I would of put in on to my pokemon Sapphire if I knew how to purify it. I used the shadow in MT. battle though.

Have all 9 purify circles on max level and then put Shadow Lugia into one of them. It will be instantly purified.

TwilightBlade May 21st, 2013 8:15 AM

Like Syd said, I used Shadow Lugia during the late-game battles. I didn't have many shadow Pokemon on my team because they cannot gain levels. Shadow Lugia was the star of the team since it can take a hit and dish out damage.

I felt like Lugia wasn't nearly as interesting nor powerful once purified. When I eventually did that, it had a Bashful nature. I wanted something a little better, so in my second playthrough... I got a Bashful Lugia again. D: Screw that, let's just go to Navel Rock. :P caught a shiny Bashful Lugia

Castform May 29th, 2013 12:23 PM

Lugia is my least favorite legendary, so I was skeptical about using him however, I did and he was a great asset to my team. i hated purifying him though as that system was annoying :(

Wobbu May 31st, 2013 11:27 PM

I never used it, but I thought it was so cool way back then because Lugia was near-impossible to obtain in the Gen III games. I still have that Lugia in my Black 2 version.