The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon X & Pokémon Y (Z?) (
-   -   What's your name? (

Guy May 20th, 2013 11:25 AM

What's your name?
At the beginning of every game you're allowed to choose your protagonist's name. What will yours be? Why?

For those who didn't notice, the character limit for Pokémon names and attack moves have also been adjusted up. Do you think we'll finally be able to name our protagonists beyond the original seven character limit? If so, will this affect what your name will be?

Killjoy May 20th, 2013 3:46 PM

My name's always 'Will'. Lol So it doesn't effect me much

Jake♫ May 20th, 2013 3:50 PM

I'm in the same boat. I generally just name myself Jake or whatever the actual name of the protagonist is, so I don't really run into issues with anything. It's good to see their increasing the cap on names though, as the character limit before was just extremely restrictive since there are definitely a lot of names out there that broke the limit.

Jinx May 20th, 2013 3:56 PM

I always make my character my name, Kayla. So going beyond the seven character limit doesn't affect me.

Katamari May 20th, 2013 4:04 PM

Considering the only name I use is Ashley, it doesn't affect me.

Belldandy May 20th, 2013 6:39 PM

Doesn't affect me in the least. I always name the character after my first name: Irene.

Hikamaru May 20th, 2013 7:28 PM

Well since my real name (Nichole) is exactly 7 characters long, I'll still be using it for my character.

MarinoKadame May 20th, 2013 7:42 PM

I started recently trying to play with the pokemons the trainer use normally in the manga or anime mostly the one who come first and I keep the name the game give to them normally. Maybe this time it could change and if the female name is not Yvette or Yvonne I gonna name her like that.

LycaNinja May 20th, 2013 8:10 PM

I like to use my real name Don for story gameplay, because I don't like characters calling me Lyca, it sounds stupid... Usually I play through the story as Don and then put on Lyca, or LycaNinja now, so I can play online and have it make sense with my forum name.

Character limit is at least 12 now... That has been confirmed hasn't it?

shubham2207 May 20th, 2013 8:54 PM

No change in my name as well.... It will be Ray.

Zorogami May 21st, 2013 1:15 AM

I usually name him Ale, which is a shorter version of my real name, Alejandro.
When i play the female i just pick any girl's name i like (:

Blue May 21st, 2013 2:21 AM

I always find that naming the protagonist whomever it may be after their name that they have been assigned, suits it much better than naming them after my name.

flight May 21st, 2013 7:48 AM

The rise in the character limit is amazing, but it doesn't really affect me since I don't particularly use long names. I'll probably name my character Angel, like I always have. xD; It's a habit, plus it's kind of my name, so why not?

JayTheKing May 21st, 2013 11:43 AM

Well it will be Jay as usual so no.

C Payne May 21st, 2013 2:03 PM

My real name of course, as usual.

The Legend of Zorra May 21st, 2013 2:19 PM

I love this news. Now I can finally have a Tentacruel named Oppenheimer.

Romaov May 21st, 2013 3:06 PM

I dunno what name I`ll name myself yet, but I have till sometime in October to think of something I`ll like and not get tired of seeing.

hiff8 May 21st, 2013 3:09 PM

I started using my middle name Patrick this gen, I think I'll continue with it

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire May 21st, 2013 3:23 PM

Since I was going to name my self either Yuna or Xavier depending on which gender I pick in the end I'll be adding in last names like I've hoped for the past generations. If girl it'll be Yuna Taiyou (11 characters counting the space) or Xavier Tsuki (12 counting the space).

Limerent May 21st, 2013 6:36 PM

Well usually my name is Mark so that won't matter. But since this is the first gen I can go online perhaps it will be O07_eleven or something :) The pokemon nicknames will be great too, perhaps I will nickname all the Pokemon I catch!

Arc May 21st, 2013 6:44 PM

In terms of the protagonist name letter increase doesn't really affect me, since I'll be using Barrage as my protagonist name, and Barrage is seven letters long so having the limit increased won't bother me.

However, in terms of Pokemon names having an increased letter limit. HO HO HO, my nicknames for my Pokemon are going to be much more elaborate now.

ISA56 2.0 May 21st, 2013 11:43 PM

Tch, about time we got some extra letters, my Pokemon names can be incredibly awesome now, the way I intended them to be.

Doesn't really affect my character's name tho, still gonna be my real name.

Mithel_Celestia May 22nd, 2013 12:31 AM

Every name from Black onwards have been based on my trainer OCs. I have used Myth in Black, and Jester in Black 2. In X, however, I will use Myth again.

rageahollic33 May 22nd, 2013 1:18 AM

I've always used my first name (Keith) in every gen I've played in. But for both X and Y I'll use my middle name for One game and My Last Name for the other.

For X I'll name my character Robert (middle name) and for Y I'll name my character Austin (last name)

Powerserge May 22nd, 2013 2:02 AM

Serge or Scott, for me. Nothing like some good ole' roleplay.