The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Computers & Technology (
-   -   Help Monitor problem (

TheBigMan0706 June 13th, 2013 2:45 PM

Monitor problem
I have been using the Wii U as my browser since last week. That is because my computer monitor isn't working.

It all started last week when I turned my computer on. My monitor flickered a bit, and was black. The light was green (as in the power light on the monitor), but i couldn't see a thing! Yes, the monitor's plugged in! What should i do?

Meganium June 13th, 2013 3:11 PM

Did you check if the monitor cable (the blue or white cable) is plugged in correctly? It could be that the cable stopped working.

TheBigMan0706 June 13th, 2013 3:16 PM

I made sure everything was plugged in, nothing changed

Zach June 13th, 2013 4:50 PM

Is this an LCD (flat panel) monitor or a CRT (tube screen) monitor? There's a chance that if it's an LCD monitor that the monitor itself is dying, likely due to a bad capacitor in the monitor itself.

Also, if it's an LCD monitor, do you hear a slight hum coming from it?

TheBigMan0706 June 13th, 2013 7:18 PM

It is an LCD Monitor, but I don't hear a humming noise from it.

Zach June 16th, 2013 7:58 AM

Chances are your monitor is probably dead, likely due to a blown capacitor.

Does the power light on the monitor stay on, even if the picture doesn't come up? And if you leave the monitor running, is there any foul smell that comes out of it?

TheBigMan0706 June 16th, 2013 8:07 AM

The power light does stay on even if there is no picture

Melody June 16th, 2013 1:27 PM

Yep. Sounds like the monitor itself is broken. You'll have to get it replaced somehow. Fortunately LCD monitors aren't expensive.

How old is the monitor anyways?

TheBigMan0706 June 16th, 2013 1:35 PM

i don't know.... I remember that i got the PC in 2004 Christmastime, and the monitor worked during its long life

TheBigMan0706 June 18th, 2013 4:43 PM

update! got my monitor replaced last night

KacyCrawford July 9th, 2013 5:50 AM

I would suggest replace it with a new one. Your explaination suggests that