The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Advance Generation (
-   -   Favourite attack (

xGal June 29th, 2013 7:20 AM

Favourite attack
As title says =3=

My favourite attack is Meteor Mash because of it's power, background ,the chance of raising Attack stat and the rarity of this. The only Pokémon can learn it are Metang, Metagross and Clefairy. What your's favourite attack?

Trinidad June 29th, 2013 4:25 PM

I like hydro pump and sky uppercut mainly because I don't use pokemon that use those moves often ^_^

Ludger June 29th, 2013 8:13 PM

I'm assuming this was meant for favorite 3rd gen attacks, meaning moves introduced in generation III, but with answers like Splash and Hydro Pump, which are gen I moves, um. Yeah. I'm going to leave it open, but please, list your favorite move introduced in generation III, otherwise your post will be deleted as spam. :)

Altair June 30th, 2013 6:02 AM

There are a lot of moves introduced in Gen III that impressed me. It was nice to use new flying type moves such as Aerial Ace and Air Cutter over Wing Attack.
I also find Eruption and Water Spout interesting additions, using your own HP to determine the power of the move, it starts off with a hefty 150 base power.
What was really cool was the trio 'elemental hyper beams!' (Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn and Frenzy Plant)...

As for my favorite move though? It would have to be Dive. It lets you explore underwater and I'm surprised the future generations haven't implemented it as much as they could!

xGal June 30th, 2013 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sydian (Post 7718576)
I'm assuming this was meant for favorite 3rd gen attacks, meaning moves introduced in generation III, but with answers like Splash and Hydro Pump, which are gen I moves, um. Yeah. I'm going to leave it open, but please, list your favorite move introduced in generation III, otherwise your post will be deleted as spam. :)

Ouch sorry this is my first time posting a thread in this section :-| Thanks for not closing im really appreciating that ;-)

Castform June 30th, 2013 1:05 PM

Definitely Water Spout as it made Kyogre sooo powerful. The only downside is it gets weaker as you lose HP, but at max health this move can quickly hurt the opposing Pokemon. Also I love water types and water moves overall anyways.

Starry Windy June 30th, 2013 6:33 PM

I like Arm Thrust, because I like how the attack hits two to five times in a row.

Hikamaru June 30th, 2013 8:39 PM

Aerial Ace, because it's now one of the most efficient way to get past annoying evasion spammers. Also it has wide distribution which makes it even more fun to use!

XeroNos June 30th, 2013 10:54 PM

Aerial Ace was always a cool move both when seeing in anime as well to play with

Sheep July 13th, 2013 12:13 PM

Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Psychic. They just really look powerful and I never get bored of the amazing attack animations for these. n~n;

Brendino July 14th, 2013 9:57 PM

One of my favorite attacks that was added to the 3rd Gen was Dive, but mostly for its use outside of battle (and I really wish that RSE weren't the only games to make good use of it). If we're talking about attacks exclusively in battle though, I really loved Leaf Blade. It was one of my Sceptile's best attacks, and I always seemed to have good luck getting critical hits with it, meaning it won me many a battle.

Clemstar July 14th, 2013 10:15 PM

Definitely Leaf Blade. I don't know why but as a kid I thought it was just so overpowered.

XeroNos July 14th, 2013 11:12 PM

Gotta agree with Cirno too because no move can match the Power of ThunderBolt, Psychic and let's add some more : Ice Beam and Flamethrower. Because whenever i used these moves I always KO-ed by opponents

PlatinumDude July 15th, 2013 3:31 AM

Leaf Blade is one of my favorite attack animations in Gen III, with Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf, Hydro Pump, Earthquake and Flamethrower coming in close. They all have good base power too.

lmcde22 July 17th, 2013 5:14 PM

Water Spout is brilliant! When you combine it with Kyogre's Drizzle ability, at full HP, it has 225 power... and you should all be terrified by that.

TheKurtzinator July 17th, 2013 7:39 PM

Water Spout, Leaf Blade, Blast Burn, and Aerial Ace.

nitemate July 27th, 2013 9:13 PM

I like pursuit because it can hit a Pokemon trying to flee or switch.

Sneaky Truth August 18th, 2013 2:21 AM

Muddy water, good base power and had the awesome chance of lower their accuracy. The benefit of gen 3 is that it hit both opposing pokemon and left your team mate alone, but it's lower accuracy was enough for me to replace it with surf on my Swampert. It'll always have a place in my heart though.

Explosion was overpowered and cool too

Peitharchia August 18th, 2013 3:04 AM

Dragon Dance was my favorite third generation move. It allowed me to increase my attack and speed power, which made my physical moves a lot stronger than they already were. Aromatherapy was my favorite as well, because it cured all of my Pokémon's status problems. Aerial Ace, Focus Punch, Fake Out, Superpower, and Trick were also my favorite battling moves. Outside of battle, my favorite move was Dive. It was very fun to explore the sea underwater. =)

mwuzatm August 18th, 2013 6:40 AM

When i was a kid i remember getting my blaziken to learn mirror move and i loved that so much, then when i learned Fearow could learn it too, everytime i replayed FR/LG i would say Screw pidgey, I want a spearow!

rxyquaza August 22nd, 2013 2:50 AM

Sky Uppercut and Meteor Mash were my favourites, hands down!

KorpiklaaniVodka August 22nd, 2013 4:03 AM

Meteor Mash because of its 100 base power and a 20% chance to raise Metagross/Clefable's attack, as well as its cool animation.

Dark Zapdos August 23rd, 2013 5:43 AM

Like others said leafblade, allways got me out of tough situations.

Aeroblast August 24th, 2013 3:03 PM

Leaf Blade is a very nice move, though it has a very poor distribution in Gen III, with only the Treecko evolution family able to use it in those games.

Doom desire is arguably the coolest looking move, though it's not practical move most of the time and you can never see the move in normal circumstances. Same goes for Psycho boost . Meteor Mash has a nice animation, too, though again it suffers from poor distrubution.

Elaitenstile August 25th, 2013 12:00 AM

Leaf Blade goes over by as nice. I think more Pokémon should have been able to use it, however. It struck me as my decent-power-decent-accuracy-decent-PP move. However, looking at my Venusaur, I had to struggle along with Razor Leaf. So I really did want more Pokémon to learn it.