The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Fan Fiction and Writing (
-   -   Haiku Time! (

Kanzler July 5th, 2013 9:47 PM

Haiku Time!
omigosh poems yay. haiku time. tell me what you think!

a fleeting red flower
blooms and wilts before you blink:
you may have missed it

shriek before silence:
wandering king of the sky,
alone once again

a swift silent blade:
it cleaves as sunrays break dawn
while red blossoms fall

before the mist clears:
cold steel quivers and drips with
morning dew and blood

Lowstah July 6th, 2013 3:00 AM

The first one nearly made me cry... not sure if thats this hangover or if its just so damn beauiful!

Sailor Moon ™ July 10th, 2013 4:24 PM

I think it's beautiful. But, I'm a tad confused on what it's about. It's either about murder or war; that's what I got out of it. Am I incorrect? It could be literal or metaphorically.

Kanzler July 14th, 2013 2:53 PM

Ohh i guess i should've made titles to make them more clearer.

The inspiration for the first one was Talonflame in particular, but any bird of prey really. The second was inspired by Samurott in particular, but the beauty of swords in general. The two stanzas in each poem depict before and after snapshots of the given scenario.

Haikus are often inspired by the imagery of nature, so I tried to play to that tune.