The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   The Treehouse (
-   -   How did I manage to get this name?!? (

Majoras_Yamask July 6th, 2013 5:34 AM

How did I manage to get this name?!?
Hey guys, I just made an account on here and- well- I am pleasantly surprised that no one took this name yet. I just wanted to ask you:
How did you choose your username? Mine's obvious. I like zelda & especially Majora's Mask. I figured that "Majora's Yamask" was a pretty good pun.

Soldier Randy July 6th, 2013 6:35 AM

Well I use my real name (Randy).

And the Soldier thing is because I'm a big fan od Linkin Park and that's how LP fans are called.

I originally was going to choose "Charizard Tamer" but it was already taken :(

Sanguine July 6th, 2013 7:28 AM

Well, I really liked the portrayal of James Moriarty within the novels and the TV adaptation. And it sounds like it'd be a really nice last name :3

Seki July 6th, 2013 7:46 AM

I was just being random and wanted to make a pun on my favourite Pokemon Snorlax and I added the es to make it Snoreslax, then... I went mad and added the brackets and regretted ever since...

Cordelia July 6th, 2013 8:04 AM

Mac is a variation of my name and by magic, I got it one day in a name change server stress test.

Arcturus. July 6th, 2013 8:06 AM

I guess I was thinking of Mass Effect when I made mine, that's where I got Element0 from. I probably could have made a better one, but oh well.

Callīope July 6th, 2013 8:43 AM

Eeeeh, this name is in reference to a Homestuck character.

Been really into that comic for the last couple of years, but this character isn't suuuper popular, so grabbing the name wasn't much of a challenge.

Talli July 6th, 2013 8:58 AM

my username comes from my short stories, it is the name of the main character.

Castform July 6th, 2013 9:15 AM

I wanted jellicent, but it was registered, so I took a name I know no one would have registered :3

Brynjolf July 6th, 2013 9:33 AM

Originally Posted by Moriarteh. (Post 7726627)
Well, I really liked the portrayal of James Moriarty within the novels and the TV adaptation. And it sounds like it'd be a really nice last name :3

Moriarty is also pretty awesome in Sherlock Holmes movies.

My name is a Green Day album. And it also comes from the fact that I have trouble sleeping sometimes. :\

Sableye~ July 6th, 2013 9:36 AM

I like Slenderman. So it's my name.

It also is because it was my username on the last forum I used. I was banned permanently from that place, so I kept the name in hopes of running into friends from there. We had no alternate means of communication, so I'm just falsely believing that I'll find one of them eventually.

gimmepie July 6th, 2013 9:40 AM

I wanted to have a username that was funny, catchy and still reflected me as a person.

I'm obsessive about pie (I really, really love the stuff) and like to think I'm a fairly funny kind of a guy and thus gimmepie was born.

Edward Elric July 6th, 2013 9:46 AM

My username is from a character from the anime and manga series Bleach. I have always liked the name, and have used it a lot. I put the period in there because Toshiro was already taken :3

Honest July 6th, 2013 10:27 AM

I love giving the story of how my username came to be, even though it's completely lame.

So 12 year old me was in the computer lab in his school, and his friend had just introduced him to PC. It was time to make a username, so what would it be? Hmmmmmmmmm. -flashback to yesterday watching Teen Titans-.

Well, that episode was about Robin and his alter ego Red-X. and I thought that'd be a nice basis, but I didn't want to use red. Well, what else is red? First thing to come to mind was Blood. Blood-X? Looks dumb. X can be Ex. BloodEX? How about Bloodex?

And viola.

JayD July 6th, 2013 11:03 AM

In high school I was short. So there's where I got Lil.
[J]erry Dia[z]

So I basically made this name for myself back in high school and since then, I've used it for my gaming IGN :3

darkpokemaster666 July 6th, 2013 11:31 AM

When I play the Pokemon games I usually go for the dark and ghost types. Its sorta self explanatory if you think about it

Sweets Witch July 6th, 2013 11:43 AM

My name's a reference to Charlotte from Puella Magi Madoka Magica because she's such a little cutie.

Treecko July 6th, 2013 12:42 PM

I went AWsquared by on a site called Dailybooth. It was basically the predecessor to Instagram, a daily photo blog where people took pictures of themselves or things everyday and add a caption underneath. I went by the user name "AaronWhatAaronWho" there. Some time after I joined, I thought that name was too long, so I wanted a shorter one. I thought AWsquared was basically the shortened or "squared" version of AaronWhatAaronWho so I went with that and it stuck as my username for most sites including PC.

Sheep July 6th, 2013 4:01 PM

My account's named after a Touhou character. I assumed most good names I'd like would be taken when I registered so I just went with the name of a character I thought was cute. Not actually a Touhou fan though, but even so I do like this name. :3

Hikamaru July 6th, 2013 4:57 PM

This username may look like a stereotypical "noob" name because of the numbers, but there is actually an origin behind it. Back when I joined my first Pokemon forum, I used to be a massive fan of Dawn from the 4th Generation of Pokemon, who is known as Hikari in the Japanese version. I thought the name sounded cute, hence that became the "Hikari" part of my name. For those wondering what the 10 stands for, it actually has something to do with my birth month October, which is the 10th month. It also has a 1 in it, which is my birthdate. Very fitting indeed.

I rarely use this name on most sites but on PC it's a very unique name that represents me a lot.

PlatinumDude July 6th, 2013 5:44 PM

Pokemon Platinum was my favorite game at the time I chose my username. That, and I'm a dude

R.F. July 7th, 2013 12:15 AM

In school I was pretty deep into the whole manga drawing stuff and I came up with many different characters. My username is the abbreviation of one of my favourite characters I created at that time.

The only thing that annoys me is that some websites don't allow dots in usernames...

Starry Windy July 7th, 2013 1:08 AM

My name was derived from the Join Avenue title I give to my protagonist in Black 2, which happens to be named Wind Heart. I chose Wind because I like wind as part of the name btw.

Imperishable July 7th, 2013 1:18 AM

Well, I'm a Sonic fan, and Modern Sonic doesn't get much love sadly (06 tends to turn people away), so Classic Sonic. That, and that I spend a lot of time playing the classic Sonic games (also CS is rather cute <3 )

Purple Materia July 7th, 2013 1:33 AM

I have a lot of usernames, and each one has a bit of a meaning to it.

My first serious name was Raian the Fallen. It was during a point where I was seriously fighting a crippling depression. I was struggling to make friends and I pretty much felt fallen.

Then when I registered this account, I was using Purple Materia. I felt my depression had subsided (at least for a little while) and I wanted to ditch the melodramatic fallen tag. So, I based this name off my favourite game - Final Fantasy VII.

It didn't live long, so I switched to SatoshiRaian, as a reference to the anime protagonist's Japanese name.

The one I'm using a lot these days is SynthesisRTF. I created it when I realized that any depression I could possibly have would only be temporary. So I focused everything I learned up to that point and synthesized a new persona that would provide me with happiness. I still wanted to hold onto my older name, so I incorporated Raian the Fallen back into the name.