The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   The Treehouse (
-   -   Today Is 'Stick Out Your Tongue Day': Is Sticking Your Tongue Out Funny or Rude? (

Rukario July 19th, 2013 1:31 PM

Today Is 'Stick Out Your Tongue Day': Is Sticking Your Tongue Out Funny or Rude?
So as stated in the title, Today Is 'Stick Out Your Tongue Day'

Is Sticking Your Tongue Out Funny or Rude?

Sableye~ July 19th, 2013 2:12 PM

Neither, in my opinion. It just seems childish to me.

Zach July 19th, 2013 2:27 PM

Sticking one's tongue out is indeed childish, but sometimes I do it as a joke to my mother when I intentionally piss her off about something, but she doesn't get upset :P

Limerent July 19th, 2013 3:06 PM

It is usually just peplexing, like why are you sticking your tongue out, do you want to lick me or something? Ok, you can lick me I guess :P Although it's cute when cute girls stick out their tongue ^_^

So yeah, not really rude and only sometimes funny, mostly just weird.

droomph July 19th, 2013 3:20 PM

i…don't get it tbh

so neither.

If you want to be funny, tell a joke.

If you want to be rude, tell them about your…flip them off, actually.

The Dark Avenger July 19th, 2013 3:33 PM

It depends if you have bad breath or thrush on your tongue or not. :p

Honest July 19th, 2013 3:45 PM

Wow, you guys make me feel weird.

Imo, sticking out your tongue is funny and playful. A little childish? Perhaps. I do it all the time though, as a joke. =D

Kanzler July 19th, 2013 3:49 PM

i stick out my tongue sometimes, but just the tip. usually to indicate relaxed-ness. sometimes i do it to my friend when we're not talking.

Squirrel July 19th, 2013 4:09 PM

I stick out my tongue a lot for fun/playful reasons or just as a "lol you" kind of thing or "lol that's silly", so I don't think it's rude at all and I wasn't aware anyone did haha. I just find it to be a cheeky fun gesture and nothing more!

François July 19th, 2013 4:14 PM

I love nothing more than people sticking their tongue out in my vicinity.

Cassino July 19th, 2013 5:39 PM

I find it meaningless; just something mammals do to wet their noses.

Sheep July 19th, 2013 5:54 PM

It's more childish than anything. :< I definitely don't think that gesture is very rude nor is it funny at all.

Belldandy July 19th, 2013 8:08 PM

I'm with Alex. I stick my tongue out at co-workers (who I consider "close") all the time at work. I'll get the odd, "Respect your elders" comment but they're joshing me, too.

I wouldn't recommend just sticking your tongue out at just anyone, though. Around here it is considered rude.

Team Fail July 19th, 2013 8:33 PM

>Stick out your nose day

>Why do we even have this in the first place.

I really find it childish because of two things. One, why even have a day like this? It doesn't have any real importance, and two, why celebrate immature actions?

Meganium July 19th, 2013 10:44 PM

It's funny around friends, it's rude to anyone least for me. xD If someone out of random sticks a tongue out at me I'd beat the crap out of them instantly.

Talli July 20th, 2013 1:18 AM

I think it is a bit childish thing to do,
so if you do it I will think you are not mature for you age. ( unless you have a special need and can not help it).

Sanguine July 20th, 2013 1:54 AM

It may seem pretty childish when done in front of strangers, sure. I wouldn't really care if someone were to do it to me, though. I'd find it quite amusing xD

I tend to do it to my friends, family, colleagues - and they do the same :3

Zeffy July 20th, 2013 2:39 AM

It may seem childish and/or rude if you do it among strangers. If you're around people who you are very comfortable with then they would pass it along as a joke and laugh at you.

I also agree with this:

Originally Posted by droomph (Post 7743935)
If you want to be rude, tell them about your…flip them off, actually.

Jinx July 20th, 2013 4:07 AM

it's childish, unless you're just trying to be silly lol.

Edward Elric July 20th, 2013 6:54 AM

I do it from time to time jokingly with my friends. I don't see how its rude unless you do it to like a total stranger, lol. Childish? So what. I don't see any harm in it n_n

Noah Ridgewood July 20th, 2013 7:45 PM

Damn. Some of you have really warped definition of the word childish.

I don't think its funny or rude. Or childish, for that matter. I don't really think much from it other than someone is joking around?? Oh, and also some people look really cute when they stick out their tongues while others look fugly.

Shiny Celebi July 21st, 2013 12:09 PM

It seems immature, but I wouldn't call it rude.

Joobell July 21st, 2013 1:56 PM

It seems childish and if you're not a child I would think you're rude if you stick out your tongue.

Broken_Arrow July 21st, 2013 2:23 PM

Depends..sometimes i stick tongue out as teasing for fun (only with close people) most of times i stick tongue out when i say something stupid or silly....;p

blaziken25 July 29th, 2013 2:47 AM

It's just as a joke haha it's funny with friends.