The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon Gaming Central (
-   -   Pokemon You Hate Running Into? (

Tom Cruise August 2nd, 2013 10:20 PM

Pokemon You Hate Running Into?
What are some of the Pokemon that you just hate to run into in the wild? Either trying to get through that cave or maybe just a small patch of grass there is always one poke that keeps popping tell me in the comments below.

I wish all zubats would just die.

Andrew August 2nd, 2013 11:13 PM

Anything that can Poison/Paralyze/Confuse my pokemon. Nothing worse than just getting started on a new route and getting paralyzed or poisoned in the first battle. I went through probably 10 Paralyze Heals on Route 110 in Emerald because of Elecktrikes with Static. =/

Also, shouldn't this be posted in Pokemon Gaming Central? It deals specifically with the games so it makes more sense for it to be in that forum. Maybe a mod can move it for you when they see it. c:

Ace. August 3rd, 2013 3:50 AM

Zubat Zubat Zubat Geodude Zubat Zubat Zubat. So damn annoying.

Elaitenstile August 3rd, 2013 3:57 AM

I generally hate Pokémon which I can't escape from.
For example, Mirage Island was ANNOYING. Shadow Taggin' Wynauts all at me. I generally like Wynaut, but encountering them so much and can't escaping is irritating. I wasn't training my Lv 78 Rayquaza there so yeah.

Zubats/Woobats don't trouble me a lot these days, I've gotten used to them.

Zero° August 3rd, 2013 4:09 AM

Originally Posted by ForeverDash (Post 7765092)
Zubat Zubat Zubat Geodude Zubat Zubat Zubat. So damn annoying.

Basically this right here. Tentacool get annoying too when you're surfing, but it's mostly the most common Pokemon that one usually runs into that get on my nerves.

Talli August 3rd, 2013 4:29 AM

any pokemon with the abilty Sturdy annoys me as I have to waste two PP knocking them out.
Shadow tag does not annoy as I always fight the pokemon for exp.

Spack August 3rd, 2013 4:54 AM

Probably the most annoying Pokemon ever to fight is Wobbufett.

No running away, no switching out, and they have so much HP it's not even funny. In Cerulean Cave they are a ridiculously high level, and 80% of the time they will just counter/mirror coat you to death.

Limerent August 3rd, 2013 5:50 AM

Any Pokemon with a faster Speed than my Pokemon is annoying. Being told I "Can't Escape!" and will have to fight a stupid Linoone, Golbat or Tentacool pisses me off. It makes having equal or slightly lower level Pokemon up front a chore, especially since I spam run away multiple times until it actually works. This is worst with flying/fast pkmn or on water routes when common, annoying Pokemon can randomly spawn in higher levels and therefore higher speed stats making it difficult to get away.

I only occasionally battle wild Pokemon for exp so yeah.

Quetzal August 3rd, 2013 6:06 AM

Any rock types early in the game. I tend to have very little that is effective against them. Late game...Golbat, I'm thinking either Victory Road or Mewtwo's cave in R/B, I forget which. Those things drove me nuts.

Pinkie-Dawn August 3rd, 2013 6:23 AM

Pokemon who do not have the EV points I want for any of my Pokemon, usually Pokemon who give out HP EVs, Def EVs, and SpD EVs.

Kevin121 August 3rd, 2013 7:03 AM

Pokemon that dont let me escape (shadowtag, etc). But i hate running into any pokemon every two seconds!

Pikachu August 3rd, 2013 7:03 AM

This is only game related, so I will move it to Pokémon Gaming Central.

But Zubat is definitely my least fav pokémon to run into :( It's nothing I want to capture more than once, and it's not as easy to take down as you'd want in the beginning of a game unless you have a rock or electric type. Speaking mostly about Kanto here.

Aeroblast August 3rd, 2013 7:34 AM

Zubat and Tentacool are equally annoying to run into IMO. I also don't like encountering Pokemon that happen to be faster than mine with all that "Can't Escape" message and it's extremely annoying.

swift13 August 3rd, 2013 8:00 AM

tentacruel especially in the route after sunyshore they go up to like lvl 50 ugh

molivious August 3rd, 2013 8:06 AM

Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ (Post 7765102)
I generally hate Pokémon which I can't escape from.

this. Digletts, Trapinches, and the likes.

Arlo August 3rd, 2013 8:29 AM

Any of the ones with movesets that just make them especially annoying to battle:

Tranquill - Air Slash, Detect, Air Slash, Detect, Roost...

Watchog - Confuse Ray, Super Fang, Hypnosis...

Volbeat (remember Volbeats in RSE?) - Double Team, Double Team, Double Team, Moonlight...

Geodudes or Gravelers with Self Destruct or Explosion (most common in DPPt).

Sweets Witch August 3rd, 2013 3:36 PM

Golbat, surprisingly. I hate running into Golbats because I tend to run into them a lot when I'm trying to train Grass types and I always get stuck in the battle for one reason or another. If I don't manage to escape right away then I consider the entire experience to be wasted time.

Zach August 3rd, 2013 5:55 PM

I think that video sums up about how I feel with Zubat, which is one I really hate running into. xD

Dott August 3rd, 2013 6:17 PM

I don't really mind encountering most Pokemon because I can just take them down and move on.
However, when I'm level grinding at Mt. Silver, it makes me wanna scream whenever I see a tangela. They're just more annoying than anything else to me for some dumb reason.

Tlachtli August 3rd, 2013 6:22 PM

Raticate. He's underestimated; Super- and Hyper Fang can really dominate the early and mid game, and he's fast enough to be annoying to deal with.

Cerberus87 August 3rd, 2013 8:02 PM

Zubats are weak and only a problem to Grass and Fighting-types.

The Pokémon I hate the most is Emolga. You spend some time cycling around a route to make shaking grass appear, and when it finally does, instead of Audino, you get Emolga, who will spam Double Team and paralyze you on contact. They don't give much exp when defeated either.

Aslan August 3rd, 2013 8:04 PM

Anything that carries Arena Trap and prevents a quick escape is frustrating, especially if I'm trying to train an incredibly weak Pokemon and it gets trapped. Top spot goes to Zubat though, Supersonic and Leech Life gets frustrating. Especially if it outspeeds some of the slower Pokemon on my team and the fact that I encounter them every two seconds doesn't really help either. Although my top spot goes to anything that can Poison Point or inflict status on me while I'm training. Its just frustrating running to the Pokecenter or having to waste your money on Antidotes. ):

Ludger August 4th, 2013 6:41 PM

Anything in particular that my team is weak to at the time, but that's mainly in the beginning of the game (ie. finding Geodude when all I have is Cyndaquil). Overall, I really hate finding Boldore or anything else with Sturdy. I can't think of anything I really hate from gen I-IV though.

Edit: Oh! Protect/Detect spammers! Hate those.

Hikamaru August 4th, 2013 7:21 PM

Anything with Sturdy because I have to waste 2 PP to get them defeated, Protect/Detect spammers, anything that loves inflicting status on you, and Zubat/Tentacool that are way faster than me, giving that frustrating "Can't escape!" message.

PlatinumDude August 4th, 2013 7:42 PM

I hated running into Bidoof in D/P/Pt because whenever I wanted a Starly to show up, that popped up instead. I also hate running into Sturdy users while I'm training because they take at least 2 hits to KO (except when I have a Mold Breaker user).