The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Advance Generation (
-   -   FireRedLeafGreen Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan ? (

Master Xemnas August 11th, 2013 2:54 PM

Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan ?
Hello everyone !
I've just made this thread to know what pokemon did you chose between those two ?
What were the reasons, which of these two pokemon do you think is the strongest ?
Let me know your reasons ! ;)

LusoTrainer August 11th, 2013 2:58 PM

Hitmonlee. It looks more like a creature (unlike Hitmonchan).

ShiningLust August 11th, 2013 3:20 PM

Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan ?
well hitmonlee is stronger thin hitmonchan

but hitmonchan can take hits and not as kool as hitmonlee

so it all depends for me cuz I like both

Quetzal August 11th, 2013 3:28 PM

Hitmonchan! I pick Hitmonchan every single time. I don't know what it is, I just like it more.

Salamence August 11th, 2013 3:36 PM

Hitmonlee is stronger by Attack stat,
while Hitmonchan looks awesome with his punching gloves.

Calem August 11th, 2013 3:42 PM

Both of them are fine to me :)

Castform August 11th, 2013 4:07 PM

I chose Hitmonlee purely because he was cooler to me.

.:batto:. August 11th, 2013 5:30 PM

I always chose Hitmonlee because i like kick boxers.
Hitmonchan i think would be better in battle because of its diversity.. As being to have moves such as Thunderpunch.. Icepunch.. Firepunch.. Ect.

CalienteFire August 11th, 2013 5:58 PM

The first time I played Leaf Green, I picked Hitmonchan. I didn't understand this Pokemon, if you can even call it that. It just looks like a person to me, not very creative..

Hitmonlee on the other hand has a much more creative design, and stronger. I liked him a lot more. That's just my opinion though. :)

ErikaInRainbowCity August 11th, 2013 7:46 PM

I always pick Hitmonchan because it can learn Thunder Punch, Fire Punch and others which is nice to have ^_^

Amore August 12th, 2013 2:59 AM

I have always picked Hitmonchan due to the elemental punches (not realising they were special) and preferring its design over Hitmonlee (and Hitmontop over both of them). Now though, Hitmonlee is growing on me - I may use him next time.

Imperishable August 12th, 2013 4:04 AM

I liked Hitmonlee, because its kicks dished out massive damage, and it looks cool. Like a mexican fighting bean.

Shizzable August 12th, 2013 4:42 AM

I've always liked Hitmonchan a lot more. It just looks awesome, and punching is cooler than kicking. I also ran into one in my randomizer Nuzlocke, so I guess it was meant to be.

Master Xemnas August 12th, 2013 10:14 AM

I forgot to give my opinion ! So, I always took Hitmonlee , because i found it stronger than hitmonchan, more stylish and it seems me more offensive and powerful, even if il love hitmonchan !

PokeChris123 August 12th, 2013 11:07 AM

I think I would have to go with Hitmonlee.

Talli August 12th, 2013 11:16 AM

I always picked Hitmonlee over Hitmonchan as I do not like chan's design

Skyzor91 August 12th, 2013 11:21 AM

I chose Hitmonchan a lot but I would suggest Hitmonlee more as the Special based Punches from Hitmonchan (Ice, Fire and Thunder) while are somewhat effective, Hitmonchan's Special Attack is low so those elemental punches would not be as effective as they came to be in the NDS era onwards.

Aeroblast August 12th, 2013 8:04 PM

Screw Hitmonchan, always hitting me with Ice punch or Thunderpunch to bring down my birds.

Satoshi Ookami August 12th, 2013 10:34 PM

Since I first chose Hitmonchan in my Yellow playthrough, I continued this habit even in Fire Red =)
I guess I chose him because of elemental punches as Yellow did not have the same mechanics as newer versions nor I knew about game mechanics =D
And since I like habits, I chose Hitmonchan. Also because I did not plan either of them to be part of the team so I did not have to think about it.

KorpiklaaniVodka August 13th, 2013 12:43 AM

Hitmonlee, because he looks cooler, has a much higher firepower in the form of Reckless, Hi Jump Kick and 120 base attack, and Rapid Spin. Oh, and a much stronger Sucker Punch. I still like Hitmonchan, though.

XeroNos August 13th, 2013 12:57 AM

If you talk in terms of Attack power or batting spirit than Hitmonlee is definitely the man... But Hitmonchan could win as it knows variety of Attacks like Elemental Punches..

xofox August 13th, 2013 7:02 AM

no question about it hitmonlee is the better choice i mean he has the BEST attack out of the 3 and looks freaking amazing!

Starlight angel August 13th, 2013 7:07 AM

I'd choose hitmonlee because its stronger better hits and better moves than hitmochan And my favorite type of fighting pokemon of all types

Hainline15 August 13th, 2013 10:11 AM

I think i always would choose Hitmonchan, because of the elemental punches, but i almost never used them by the time i got them, so it was pointless anyways.

ROBLOX-MAN August 13th, 2013 5:17 PM

Who's that Pokemon?

It's Hitmontop!