The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Fourth Generation (
-   -   HeartGoldSoulSilver What level to evolve growlithe? (

poysanity August 22nd, 2013 12:45 AM

What level to evolve growlithe?
i want to know what is the best level for me to evolve my growlithe to an arcanine?

Synerjee August 22nd, 2013 1:12 AM

It is best to wait until Growlithe is level 48 before evolving it. By then, it would have learnt Flare Blitz, a powerful Fire-type move that takes advantage of its high attack as well as other powerful moves such as Flamethrower and Crunch.

.:batto:. August 22nd, 2013 1:55 AM

yes. the later you leave growlithe the better moves it learns. lvl 48+ is the goal.

Emburn August 22nd, 2013 2:01 AM

I normally evolve instantly and give him the TM flamethrower. But don't listen to me aha.

poysanity August 22nd, 2013 2:52 AM

ok thanks guys. ill let it evolve at lvl 50 :)

Elaitenstile August 22nd, 2013 3:55 AM

Originally Posted by poysanity (Post 7798121)
ok thanks guys. ill let it evolve at lvl 50 :)

Great! This will make sure he learns Flare Blitz. If you want, you can teach Arcanine ExtremeSpeed through the Move Tutor, too!

bobandbill August 22nd, 2013 3:59 AM

Answered, so going to close. (I'll agree with the general answers too, for those are good moves!)

Try the Help thread sticky next time you have a question about the 4th gen games, please (it's at the top of the section).