The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   The Welcome Lounge (
-   -   www (

C4 September 14th, 2013 2:39 AM

I recently started playing Pokemon competitively again because I want to compete in the world championships. I'm unfamiliar with the competitive scene these days, and I am hoping for some pointers to get (re)started!

Oh, I also romhack RSE or something.

Sheep September 14th, 2013 6:31 AM

Love the comic book BAM avatar, haha. That's a classic.

You'll get a lot of pointers and help on competitive battling in the Battle Center, so I definitely recommend checking there. There are a good chunk of members joining to learn more on that as well plus we have many knowledgeable regulars, so you'll probably learn a lot by being there. :o I mostly use Smogon for suggestions on items, natures, EVs and the like, but luckily I've slowly been learning about what moves are best on what kind of Pokemon. There's lots to learn but it certainly is very fun! On that note, I do wonder how competitive battling will change with the release of X and Y...

Of course you can also dive into the ROM hacking board while you're here as well; there's a lot to do around these parts. Big forum means many boards, right? Hope you've been liking the community so far! Let a staff member know if you need any assistance and see you around. Make sure to stick around foreeever and ever h'ookay. Welcome to PokeCommunity!

C4 September 14th, 2013 9:00 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome! I will certainly check out the sub-forums you linked me.

I hope I get to stay a part of this community for a long time, but nothing lasts forever :D