The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Advance Generation (
-   -   4th Generation Speculation (

Hiroshi Sotomura October 31st, 2003 11:45 PM

4th Generation Spectation
Here, post your thoughts, any found features, anything new, screenshots, etc. about the 4th Generation Pokmon Games, current ones known as Pokmon Fire Red and Leaf Green.

PokeMaster3000 November 1st, 2003 12:12 AM

Looks like this thread will be a really jos place for me to get info for my site....

Kairi November 1st, 2003 6:50 AM

I wouldn't exactly deem it "Fourth Generation". The RS metagame has yet to unfold, and its flaws and fixes have not fully revealed themselves. This is more like v.3b or something in my opinion.

Rift November 1st, 2003 4:34 PM

this is version 1: Advance! :D i really hope they made rock tunnel, Mt. Moon, and Victory Road smaller though!

PokeMaster3000 November 3rd, 2003 2:09 AM

Yeah.... that will be much better....

jynx November 3rd, 2003 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Vito Winstrate
Here, post your thoughts, any found features, anything new, screenshots, etc. about the 4th Generation Pokmon Games, current ones known as Pokmon Fire Red and Leaf Green.

The maincharacters and the games are new.

(Voice from somewhere: are spamming again..)

Dizzy November 6th, 2003 3:14 PM

Im so Sure that they will have Rearranged Cities...

hydrobat November 7th, 2003 4:30 AM

Is the bicycle still gonna be used?
It would be cooler with a skateboard haha!

If only they could include new moves and more legendary poks ..

Fire Master November 7th, 2003 12:13 PM

i really really hope that they will put some contests things in. I think that you shoulb be able to Visit Jhoto and Houen.

Chaeran November 7th, 2003 12:13 PM

I sincerely hope we won't need to visit some sort of convention or promotion for Mew or whichever legendarys they introduce.

Hiroshi Sotomura November 9th, 2003 11:21 PM

Should this thread be called a 1.3 Generation Spectation? I can change it...

PokeMaster3000 November 10th, 2003 2:52 AM

why'd you wanna do that for?

Hiroshi Sotomura November 10th, 2003 3:52 AM

Leave it as 4th Generation then?
Wireless Communication might be a very interesting feature... although it can't replace Mobile Communications which was quite limited to the Japanese anyway...

Kairi November 10th, 2003 7:40 AM

Wasn't that poorly executed though? I skimmed though the manuel that came with my Japanese Pokmon Crystal, and found it looked contrived and painful to get working,. A networkable GCN game though...

Hiroshi Sotomura November 10th, 2003 12:15 PM

Coukd you scan that bit of the manual Kairi?

Demotruk November 13th, 2003 3:56 AM

It's not fourth generation until a new Gameboy comes out(not an upgrade of an existing Gameboy though so SP doesn't count). This is still third generation in my opinion.

PokeMaster3000 November 13th, 2003 6:42 AM

we're talking about.... the games? not the console? ahem... handheld?

Hiroshi Sotomura November 13th, 2003 12:02 PM

Here's the Japanese generation table:
Original Generation Pokmon Games: Red, Green.
1.1 Generation: Blue (changed graphics)
1.2 Generation: Yellow (starring Pikachu/Adds Game Boy Color support)
2nd Generation: Gold and Silver
2.1 Generation: Crystal (bigger Johto storyline - Suicune/Only for Game Boy Color)
3rd Generation: Ruby and Sapphire (released on the Game Boy Advance)
4th Generation/1.3 Generation: Fire Red and Leaf Green

Possibly this, but I'm not quite sure.

PokeMaster3000 November 13th, 2003 10:56 PM

Seems possible enough to me...
FR LG is in a mixed position of 4th Generation and the [b]1.0[b] Generation... its actually Red and Green with a LOT improved graphics.

Chaeran November 14th, 2003 1:44 PM

Considering the new characters...I'm starting to think FR/LG takes place quite a while after RBY. I doubt the Elite Four and Champion will be the same. Maybe Kenta or Marina will be the Champion--or they could be like Red in GSC.

PokeMaster3000 November 14th, 2003 10:57 PM

Actually I think there will be a new storyline other than the one from R/B/Y/G. Team Rocket will be back after the incident at Johto and you have to get them outta the region again. There are new characters and stuff... and thats what I think is gonna be in the game.

New league champs sounds great to me..

I also found out from a friend who said Johto and Hoenn will be there too with Kanto in FR LG and WB, but he says its all rumors.

Hiroshi Sotomura November 15th, 2003 2:31 AM

I doubt any bit of Hoenn will show. I reckon there will be mentions of it, though, like in Hoenn Bill was mentioned, Johto and Kanto water supplies have been shown, and people said they came from Johto or Kanto.

punkie90 November 15th, 2003 6:36 AM

I Agree! I would ather have a longer more adventures game, then a game that u can just walk around all of the continents!

PokeMaster3000 November 15th, 2003 7:49 AM

I'd want a game with all the regions.

But mostly, one with the Orange Islands would be great!!!

punkie90 November 15th, 2003 8:02 AM

ya, but don't you also ant a good adnenture to it?